Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

What would had happened if Sargeras went through the portal?

What would had happened if Sargeras went through the portal and freed the Old Gods? Would the Old Gods make Sargeras beg for mercy or would they underestimate him? or would they
    Last edited by The Professional; 2013-08-21 at 02:21 PM.

Aren't the Legion and the Old Gods technically at odds with eachother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Sargeras free the old gods, if the old gods would be stronger then Sargeras so Sargeras can beg to mercy?, which isn't true btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Imo... Sargeras > Old Gods.

Purely my opinion though. If it came down to it, i think the moment we fought Sargeras, we would meet an enslaved old god in the same instance first

He'd come out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Aren't the Legion and the Old Gods technically at odds with eachother?
    Sometimes.
    The Old gods just kind of flail around breaking anything they can, they're like a four year old hopped up on sugar-laced crack. Chaos incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Imo... Sargeras > Old Gods.

Purely my opinion though. If it came down to it, i think the moment we fought Sargeras, we would meet an enslaved old god in the same instance first
    He'd certainly win a a round of fisticuffs.
    But I think in terms of actual "power" the Old Gods are probably stronger. They're able to corrupt and unmake the Titan's work, and the Titans seem to be rather unable to successfully contain them... And Sargeras is a Titan after all, albeit a strong one. So I think Sarggie could beat them up, but if you put an old god and the dark titan in a room, eventually he'd gone insane and start listening to the voices.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-21 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you're going off the happenings in War of the Ancients trilogy.
    Working off the assumption that Sargeras honestly didn't know of the Old Gods plans, despite being part of a pantheon that *had* dealt with these creatures at some point, I think he would've been... surprised, to say the least.

He would've said something along the lines of "Ew, there's icky stuff in this here pool".

And the Old Gods would be like squids and seaweed going like "blabrharghabbl we're between your toooeessss muhahahaha (madness will consume you btw)"
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old god and burning legion do not get along lol

The Old Gods certainly considered themselves superior to him during the first invasion. Of course we killed two of them and some of their strongest servants, since then. But during the war of the ancients, they certainly felt that all of them together could surely defeat a single Titan, in the Well of Eternity trilogy. Whether it's true is unknown. It took a Pantheon of Titans to take down the Old Gods. It's possible Sargeras has gained enough power to match the whole Titan Pantheon since his fall.

Sargeras is the primary antagonist of wow. Thus he cannot be beaten by the lesser foes!

If Sargeras was able to come through the portal, we'd be playing world of starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Old Gods certainly considered themselves superior to him during the first invasion. Of course we killed two of them and some of their strongest servants, since then. But during the war of the ancients, they certainly felt that all of them together could surely defeat a single Titan, in the Well of Eternity trilogy. Whether it's true is unknown. It took a Pantheon of Titans to take down the Old Gods. It's possible Sargeras has gained enough power to match the whole Titan Pantheon since his fall.
    It was a pretty poorly done take down.

It wasn't that Sargeras was going to free them intentionally, but that after he entered Azeroth through the portal, the Old Gods were going to use it to break the bindings on their prison and manifest their "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM" form on Azeroth, kicking Sargeras's ass, and taking the world for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    It wasn't that Sargeras was going to free them intentionally, but that after he entered Azeroth through the portal, the Old Gods were going to use it to break the bindings on their prison and manifest their "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM" form on Azeroth, kicking Sargeras's ass, and taking the world for themselves.
    http://i.imgur.com/JyupgXn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Poorly done in what way?
    It is much, much harder to subdue someone than it is to kill them. I imagine they made whatever prison they could manage while trying to keep the Old Gods in check. And the power the Old Gods have is powerful enough that they can essentially 'seep' through their prison to affect the things around them.
    Not when they seem to be pretty much unkillable.
    Besides that was my point, I'm sure they tried their best, but in the end the combined might of the Pantheon just sort of managed to temporarily disable them, and even disabled the Old gods still managed to screw up all the Titan's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    My understanding is that C'thun is fully dead. Yogg'saron I believe we only killed his manifestation, but that he's just been put back to sleep. But I was under the impression C'thun was gone forever.
    Pretty sure C'thun was "fully dead" in AQ40 too. Look how that worked out.

They are killable. Y'shaarj is the only named evidence of that but there were many other Old Gods that died in the fight. Just as many of the Titans died too. His heart remains for whatever reason, I'm sure it could have also been destroyed though. They killed everything else about Y'shaarj.

IIRC, C'thun was super weakened still from his fight with the Titans when we fought him so yeah, we have have actually killed him/it.
    Source?
    Also I'm pretty sure if the Titans could have destroyed Y'shaarj completely, they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why would Sargeras free the old gods, if the old gods would be stronger then Sargeras so Sargeras can beg to mercy?, which isn't true btw.
    We don't know that yet. There isn't a source telling us that Sargeras is more powerful than the Old Gods. There is a source however that tells us that Sargeras will beg for death if the Old Gods were freed.

So yeah, I think I'll trust the actual source.

IIRC, C'thun was super weakened still from his fight with the Titans when we fought him so yeah, we have have actually killed him/it.
    Those eyeballs all over Cho'gall's body were C'thun's. He didn't die in AQ40 and he's still not dead. His physical form might be dead, but that doesn't mean he is. Sargeras works the same way - his body was obliterated when a portal closed on him in the War of the Ancients, but he's still very much alive.

As for the OP's premise, Sargeras' goal is to undo the Titans' works. One work of the Titans was to chain the Old Gods. Cutting them loose and letting them return the planet to its hellish pre-Titan state sounds very much like something Sargeras would do.

They are killable. Y'shaarj is the only named evidence of that but there were many other Old Gods that died in the fight. Just as many of the Titans died too. His heart remains for whatever reason, I'm sure it could have also been destroyed though. They killed everything else about Y'shaarj.

That was my point. The Titans were more powerful than the Old Gods probably due to numbers in the end. Again, subduing something is FAR harder than simply killing them. And the Titans had decided against killing them after seeing what could happen, i.e. Y'shaarj. To build a prison for them and then actually get them into it, that's quite the feat. But the Old Gods are just powerful enough and from a different place altogether to be able to project thoughts and such outside of the prison. Look at N'Zoth, he's imprisoned but still somehow in the Emerald Dream.

There are some misconceptions here. We only know of one Titan that fell not Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    C'thun was hiding in sleep and created the Quiraji when the titans 'killed' him. I'm not 100% sure, but I haven't seen a source of his survival after AQ40.
    I wasn't even referencing that. The Titans didn't kill him, they gravely injured him.
    I meant that the players "kill" him in AQ40, and then he's still alive to merge with Cho'gall's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I wasn't even referencing that. The Titans didn't kill him, they gravely injured him.
    I meant that the players "kill" him in AQ40, and then he's still alive to merge with Cho'gall's body.
    No, cho used that horrible bastard child Medan try and revive him and got warped as a result.

I don't see any people going to jails open the cages and then begging for mercy, that would be stupid thing to do.