10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. Copy the more realistic Death Knight scenario that didn't totally bum out one half of the playerbase and perhaps a part of the other half.(who didn't want prissy blood elves)
    Deathknights scenario was realistic specifically because ANY race could be a Deathknight, so the Deathknights returned to the home factions after gaining free-will.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Deathknights scenario was realistic specifically because ANY race could be a Deathknight, so the Deathknights returned to the home factions after gaining free-will.

And because it actually makes sense for people to give others another chance, unlike the sudden super-big-twist of the blood elves. What was the reason again? One human was being a meanie to them?

Yes, the redemption trope might be a bit overplayed, but it fits a lot more, here. Still, I insist that making them neutral is the best way to go. But if they can't or really don't want, then Alliance, and I'll stick with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically, would Naga who throw off Azshara's control be considered akin to night elf death knights who threw off the Lich King's control?

The biggest difference are the Naga chose their fate more so than Death Knights did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the defection of the Blood Elves to the Horde was a genius idea on the part the Lore-writers.
    That wasn't really too much of a stretch after the events of WC3. I mean if it wasn't for the alliance breaking their promise, using the Belfs & Kael'Thas as cannon fodder, then placing them in interment camps. I'm sure Belfs would have stayed with the alliance. From a lore standpoint they chose a side during BC since they where essentially a neutral race after WC3.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-08-21 at 04:21 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

guys, before we start talking about the naga coming to our side, I believe we should start hoping the naga will come at all.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    guys, before we start talking about the naga coming to our side, I believe we should start hoping the naga will come at all.
    I'm actually not a fan of naga being a playable race at all. Seems too strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Theoretically, would Naga who throw off Azshara's control be considered akin to night elf death knights who threw off the Lich King's control?

The biggest difference are the Naga chose their fate more so than Death Knights did.
    azshara manipulates people with her supernatural magical charm. just remember the hands of azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    And because it actually makes sense for people to give others another chance, unlike the sudden super-big-twist of the blood elves. What was the reason again? One human was being a meanie to them?

Yes, the redemption trope might be a bit overplayed, but it fits a lot more, here. Still, I insist that making them neutral is the best way to go. But if they can't or really don't want, then Alliance, and I'll stick with that.
    I don't have strong stake, let me make that clear:
    If Blizzard makes Naga alliance i won't mind.
    If Blizzard makes Naga Neutral i won't mind.
    If blizzard makes Naga Horde i won't mind.

I think the Blood Elf story line was very clever, the Blood Elves didn't join the Horde because Garithos was meanie, they joined the Naga and Ilidan because Garithos was a meanie and the naga offered Kaelthas aid, and Kaelthas joined Kiljaedan because he was Ilidan's master and offered greater power, and the Blood elves left Kaelthas and Kiljaeden because following Kiljaedan is totally insane, and they sought refuge in Shattrath because they were fleeing Kiljaedan, but the Draenei despised what the Blood Elves has done under Kaelthas' Command, and so they sought allies, and the Alliance found them to have been tainted by the Legion and besides the alliance was getting all buddy-buddy with the Draenei, and the Horde be like "We be tainted by the legion we totally know what that's like" and sylvanas be like "My brothers and Sisters, we shared a common tragedy, we share a common peril, let us work together to kill lots of stupid humans" and blood elves be like "sounds good to me Sister!"

- - - Updated - - -

Nations changing faction sides from one war to the next happens in real life.

Japan and the USA were allies in WWI, enemies in WWII and allies in the Korean War.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-21 at 04:27 PM.

azshara manipulates people with her supernatural magical charm. just remember the hands of azshara.
    in fact, i'd say that the difference between the naga and the death knights is:

lich king whispers: obey me!
    azshara whispers: if you're nice to me, I might let you bang me.

Lich king whispers: Obey me!
    Azshara whispers: If you're nice to me, i might let you bang me.

that woman is eviiiil.

10+ Year Old Account

i am sure there are Arthas/slash fangirls and fanboys out there

Deleted

GC has said on Twitter that he doesn't like the neutral faction thing. If they do more races again, it's likely that they will be 1 for alliance, 1 for Horde.

Deleted

Aren't the Forsaken doing the same? Lilian Voss was not into yuri so she didn't join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    GC has said on Twitter that he doesn't like the neutral faction thing. If they do more races again, it's likely that they will be 1 for alliance, 1 for Horde.
    He doesn't like a lot of stuff that still happens. I wouldn't rule it out completely on this statement alone.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    I think we all are aware of this
    two new races and no new classes seems to be a strong contender for new content.
    but we are arguing the which races that exist in game fit best with which factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Aren't the Forsaken doing the same? Lilian Voss was not into yuri so she didn't join them.
    Who the fuck wants to bang Forsaken?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    He doesn't like a lot of stuff that still happens. I wouldn't rule it out completely on this statement alone.
    also true.

- - - Updated - - -

Rule #34 of the internet

Deleted
    Sylvanas? Welllllll....................

Seriously? There are like 10,000 fanboys out there that would shag Sylvanas without a thought. Nevermind that she would probably slit their throats afterwards (or maybe during O.o).

Deleted
    two new races and no new classes seems to be a strong contender for new content.
    Dno, if they do add Naga, it wouldn't be far fetched to see them add the Sea Witch as a Hero class. Pretty sure they've also said in some dev interview that they're interested in adding another Hero class, and the whole Naga switching factions thing makes the most sense.

Makes more sense for game mechanics as well, to have another class that uses a bow without a pet, that can heal with spell-shots, rather than a Demon hunter which is essentially Unholy DK and Warlock combined. So I wouldn't necessarily rule that out.

And yea, even though GC doesn't like it, I could see Naga being neutral. Which would suck dick.