Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The Titan that "fell" was Sargeras. I'm talking about Titans that died. There were more than just the Pantheon.
    OH GOD no, you are just so wrong it hurts!

Specifically when it talks about the titans vs the old gods it only states about one Titan that "fell" during that fight. It doesn't state who it was or what happened to it/him/her.

Sargeras left the pantheon and then fell into despair separately.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    No, cho used that horrible bastard child Medan try and revive him and got warped as a result.
    I stand corrected on the merging, but C'thun is still alive.

Med'an woke up in Ahn'Qiraj to the dulcet tones of Cho'gall, who was berating Stasia for her failure in bringing Garona back, to Stasia's protests. After Stasia admitted she was just trying to get Garona killed, Med'an tried to attack them both and got himself flung across the room for his troubles - landing right on top of the corpse of C'thun. Despite being a corpse, the thing immediately starting whispering sweet nothings of chaos and destruction in Med'an's horrified ears.

Because we hear everything about everything, right? >_>

I cba looking for a quote for it but, it has been stated before that Titans did indeed die while fighting the Old Gods and their minions. People tend to think there is the Titans of the Pantheon and that's it. But there were in fact many more Titans plus their creations and so on. You think only one Titan possibly died while fighting the super powerful Old Gods?
    One titan died during the fighting, and one Old God was "killed", presumably Y'shaarj.

Because we hear everything about everything, right? >_>

I cba looking for a quote for it but, it has been stated before that Titans did indeed die while fighting the Old Gods and their minions. People tend to think there is the Titans of the Pantheon and that's it. But there were in fact many more Titans plus their creations and so on. You think only one Titan possibly died while fighting the super powerful Old Gods?
    You CBA looking as your are infact wrong! If you have a legit source feel free but im 99% sure there is no such source. I only think what blizzard and the lore books have said. So far its stated as only one titan that fell during the fight with the old gods.

For Hitei, yes you are correct about Cthun not truly being dead even when we killed him in vanilla. Old gods are strange beasts.

Ah heres my source (one thats in game I do believe)
    In the time before time, when the world was still in its infancy, a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil. The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished ... but it illustrates that a Titan fell.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Geologist_Larksbane
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-08-21 at 03:26 PM.

Yeah... no. I cba simply because I cba. I may well be wrong. I just don't see a reason to get my panties in a bunch over it lol
    My panties are untwisted. If am proved wrong i'll get the humble pie out of the oven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras is Lawful Evil
    Old Gods are Chaotic Evil

they don't play for the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    In that sense, Y'shaarj could also still be 'alive' as well. His Sha live on, constantly corrupting Pandaria. That, and his heart constantly whispers to anyone who dares approach it. (In this sense, Garrosh.)

For all we know, Old gods can't die at all. Their 'corpses' could always be revived.
    That's pretty much my stance on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The curse of the flesh needs to infect Titans & Old Gods.

Sick of these immortals.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That's pretty much my stance on it.
    There is only one way to remove them from our planet for good, and we stopped that from happening so Old gods are here to stay. We just have to put them down every few thousand years like whack a mole!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    We don't know that yet. There isn't a source telling us that Sargeras is more powerful than the Old Gods. There is a source however that tells us that Sargeras will beg for death if the Old Gods were freed.

So yeah, I think I'll trust the actual source.

Actually, there are in-game proof that states that the Titans are more powerfull than the old gods, and no where does it say that anyone but one titan has fallen, ever. Also Sargeras is a fallen titan.

Now, Algalon is sent to Azeroth to evaluate if the old god corruption is to heavy in the planet, if found so the titans will obliterade Azeroth, the old gods and everything alive and dead and just remake it all. We don't want that and that's why we show Algalon we can actually fend for ourselves.

The titans are the most powerfull beings in the WoW universe, Even if Kil'jaeden enter Azeroth it is game over, Sargeras entering Azeroth would be the equal to the sun entering Earths atmospehere...

Quote Originally Posted by medevac View Post
    Actually, there are in-game proof that states that the Titans are more powerfull than the old gods, and no where does it say that anyone but one titan has fallen, ever. Also Sargeras is a fallen titan.

Now, Algalon is sent to Azeroth to evaluate if the old god corruption is to heavy in the planet, if found so the titans will obliterade Azeroth, the old gods and everything alive and dead and just remake it all. We don't want that and that's why we show Algalon we can actually fend for ourselves.

The titans are the most powerfull beings in the WoW universe, Even if Kil'jaeden enter Azeroth it is game over, Sargeras entering Azeroth would be the equal to the sun entering Earths atmospehere...
    That is quite right, Sargeras is also the primary antagonist of the wow universe. His aim isn't to have simple corruption and chaos over one planet (like the old gods) its to bring chaos and destruction to all planets as hes gone off his rocker.

Deleted
    If titans are so powerful, why can they just take a grip on one of those old gods and just struggle them to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The curse of the flesh needs to infect Titans & Old Gods.

Sick of these immortals.
    The curse of flesh is caused by the Old Gods.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    If titans are so powerful, why can they just take a grip on one of those old gods and just struggle them to death?
    That part has been retconned over and over so no one really knows at the moment. Most of the titan lore and old god lore isn't even guaranteed to be canon. One theory is that the old gods make up most of the planet, thats also why algalons reconstruction can be viewed as more of prison reconstruction, with us beeing the unlucky casulties. And to be honest, I think metzen and samwise, like many times before, didn't really think this whole thing through. It's like magic in many fantasy universes that changes depending on how the author needs it to be at the moment and the same is kinda true for azeroth and its primal lore, which is just what it needs to be at the moment. I mean why place the heart of the sha of pride in a box and keep it there so that it can infest azeroth? Why not seal C'thun in a place where he can't be reached or make him orbit somewhere in the void of space (theres a shit ton of that). All of these reasons belittle the superior intelect the titans supposedly have, because they were created by 2 nerds while they were out drinking .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-08-21 at 04:42 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That part has been retconned over and over so no one really knows at the moment. Most of the titan lore and old god lore isn't even guaranteed to be canon. One theory is that the old gods make up most of the planet, thats also why algalons reconstruction can be viewed as more of prison reconstruction, with us beeing the unlucky casulties. And to be honest, I think metzen and samwise, like many times before, didn't really think this whole thing through. It's like magic in many fantasy universes that changes depending on how the author needs it to be at the moment and the same is kinda true for azeroth and its primal lore, which is just what it needs to be at the moment. I mean why place the heart of the sha of pride in a box and keep it there so that it can infest azeroth? Why not seal C'thun in a place where he can't be reached or make him orbit somewhere in the void of space (theres a shit ton of that). All of these reasons belittle the superior intelect the titans supposedly have, because they were created by 2 nerds while they were out drinking .
    I.E. LOLore.

Bad writing is bad.

We even haven't seen Sargeras or any of the Titans of the Pantheon yet. But we have seen some old gods and fought them. In wow, typically the villains that we fight later or last are the most powerful foes. The old god's have a major weakness......they do not work together. Sargeras' BL does, and the Titan Pantheon, too. They outnumber the old god's by a landslide.

But maybe the old god's have something like an overmind or parents, somewhere else in the great dark and beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Sargeras is Lawful Evil
    Old Gods are Chaotic Evil

they don't play for the same team.
    while you used D&D terms, i wonder why Sargeras should be Lawful Evil? Cause you got it totally wrong here, he is Chaotic Evil like the old gods. He is a friggin fallen Titan to turn everything the Titans created into chaos, as the Titans are lawful. Sargeras is the Chaos. he can't be lawful evil. Thats the Devil, but he isn't a devil he is more like a demon king, backed up with the high technology knowledge of the Titans. He i super dangerous actually. Of course he must be the main villain. Like a rogue titan from highly civilzied alien race with super powers running rampart.

The old gods are not even on the same team among themselves, btw. Doesn't have something to do with alignment. And i think they are more than just chaotic evil. They are pretty much aliens that infested the planet and hard to understand at all by azeroth natives, however the curse of flesh proably makes this easier for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    We even haven't seen Sargeras or any of the Titans of the Pantheon yet. But we have seen some old gods and fought them. In wow, typically the villains that we fight later or last are the most powerful foes. The old god's have a major weakness......they do not work together. Sargeras' BL does, and the Titan Pantheon, too. They outnumber the old god's by a landslide.

But maybe the old god's have something like an overmind or parents, somewhere else in the great dark and beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

while you used D&D terms, i wonder why Sargeras should be Lawful Evil? Cause you got it totally wrong here, he is Chaotic Evil like the old gods. He is a friggin fallen Titan to turn everything the Titans created into chaos, as the Titans are lawful. Sargeras is the Chaos. he can't be lawful evil. Thats the Devil, but he isn't a devil he is more like a demon king, backed up with the high technology knowledge of the Titans. He i super dangerous actually. Of course he must be the main villain. Like a rogue titan from highly civilzied alien race with super powers running rampart.

The old gods are not even on the same team among themselves, btw. Doesn't have something to do with alignment. And i think they are more than just chaotic evil. They are pretty much aliens that infested the planet and hard to understand at all by azeroth natives, however the curse of flesh proably makes this easier for everyone.
    Even servants of the Legion have pointed out the difference though. Sargeras and his Legion conquer for power, and to rule. The Old Gods just want random chaos and death. So while Sargeras may be trying to undo what the Titans have done, he still has a goal in mind and wants to see results. The Old Gods have no goal, except chaos itself, which makes them harder to understand and more dangerous. Numerous sources say that the Old Gods and their work are so absurdly evil that even Sargeras the Legion can hardly comprehend it. Think the difference between Bane and the Joker. Bane is Sargeras. The Joker is the Old God. And to the people misinformed, it has been quite established that the Old Gods are individually more powerful than any Titan, including Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Even servants of the Legion have pointed out the difference though. Sargeras and his Legion conquer for power, and to rule. The Old Gods just want random chaos and death. So while Sargeras may be trying to undo what the Titans have done, he still has a goal in mind and wants to see results. The Old Gods have no goal, except chaos itself, which makes them harder to understand and more dangerous. Numerous sources say that the Old Gods and their work are so absurdly evil that even Sargeras the Legion can hardly comprehend it. Think the difference between Bane and the Joker. Bane is Sargeras. The Joker is the Old God. And to the people misinformed, it has been quite established that the Old Gods are individually more powerful than any Titan, including Sargeras.
    I think there is much more about what the old gods want than just death and chaos. Its not as simple as that. They are an alien species very different from humanoid ones. They are hard to understand at all. And i bet, something like fear and death is just a tool for them to use to fullfill their real plans. Its there way to commincate with mortal races to manipulate them in their favor. We will see who the real enemy will be, i bet its not the old gods that were that troubleing, but just vastly misunderstood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medevac View Post

posting this Again.

Deleted
    Do you have proof for your statements medevac? Because i'm pretty sure you are wrong.