Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You could have got something better at that price point. Something DEFINITELY better.
    This is another reason why it's not really great asking after you already purchased, there is a high risk that any answer will just disappoint you or you end up having to defend your choices. I would also say this:

If you want suggestions or changes, please make a new thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    This is another reason why it's not really great asking after you already purchased, there is a high risk that any answer will just disappoint you or you end up having to defend your choices. I would also say this:
    I had to cancel my order coz of not geting the ssd i wanted, so iam actually am back to start of building it again.

Pfff AMD.. Pffff price/performance AMD wins.. I hate price/performance ratio's, if you would pay 50eur more over a setup fx8350 you'd had a major fps boost in raids like 50% orsomething so yes AMD is better in price/performance (ironically).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    600W (Silent 120mm FAN/Active PFC/85+)
    So... what brand/make is the PSU? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    I had to cancel my order coz of not geting the ssd i wanted, so iam actually am back to start of building it again.
    Be glad you canceled it. Was the pre-built?

Deleted
    just used the samsung software, using rapid mode, has the results for both the 250 GD ssd and my HDD for the lulz

take the ssd results with a grain of salt, I dont have any software at the mo that can benchmark the SSD, unless someone can suggest an easy to get one

- - - Updated - - -

see if people can see this better

- - - Updated - - -

for a better image of the HDD itself results

Some nice setups as of late in this threads. As for me, no changes 'yet' but a planned upgrade is either a 9950 or 9970 as it's released and a 1440p monitor not long after that, will keep you guys updated.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    just used the samsung software, using rapid mode, has the results for both the 250 GD ssd and my HDD for the lulz
    take the ssd results with a grain of salt, I dont have any software at the mo that can benchmark the SSD, unless someone can suggest an easy to get one
    Could you please test the EVO with "Anvil's Storage Utilities" with both 1GB and 16/32GB? Would be very interested in the results. Maybe post them in the EVO thread though since that doesn't really belong here.

Deleted
    will do, give a bit though, only posted in here as was asked

Deleted
    Since my last post Here, I took another stab at getting a second 1440x900 monitor, different seller on Ebay this time and a little under €60 again, this is the result.

I am kind of shocked at just how much difference going from 4080x768 to 4320x900 made, I was expecting some improvement, but just subjectively looking at it, it's a lot better than I was expecting (not sure how well it will show up in the images).

As an added bonus the stand it came with can do this, which I'm sure I'll find a use for.........eventually.

I also took a shot at making a UI in WoW suitable for use with 3 monitors, this was my attempt.

It was fairly sweet playing like that for a while, I probably use it more if I could find some way to save entire UI presets to swap between this and my normal UI quickly (already have swapping between 3 separate monitors and eyefinity hotkeyed to control + alt + F9/F10).
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2013-08-21 at 04:06 PM.

To save UI presets I suggest you to look into Reflux as long as your addons have profile support. How's the 6850 performing on triple monitors?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleHawk View Post
    I also took a shot at making a UI in WoW suitable for use with 3 monitors, this was my attempt.
    http://i.imgur.com/rXmTFwi.jpg
    Argh i hate that boss, never gave me my trinket ><

10+ Year Old Account
    How's the 6850 performing on triple monitors?
    Yeah that's what I'm wondering. It's only got 1gb vRAM to work with o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    It's only a few more pixels than 1440p (albeit with a stretched image). I can see a 1GB vRAM card performing acceptable at that pixel count - especially in less demanding games (older titles, console-ports or games that have been developed with consoles in mind, etc). I think the bigger issue is that the 6850 simply can't deliver the horsepower needed for an almost 4Mpix resolution.

Deleted
    To save UI presets I suggest you to look into Reflux as long as your addons have profile support.
    Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Argh i hate that boss, never gave me my trinket ><
    Had to cancel one of our raid nights recently due to too many people unable to make it, ended up doing a run for transmog gear/achievements instead of just disbanding the group for the day. I too remember wanting that trinket, it dropped on that run.

How's the 6850 performing on triple monitors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    It's only a few more pixels than 1440p (albeit with a stretched image). I can see a 1GB vRAM card performing acceptable at that pixel count - especially in less demanding games (older titles, console-ports or games that have been developed with consoles in mind, etc). I think the bigger issue is that the 6850 simply can't deliver the horsepower needed for an almost 4Mpix resolution.
    I installed fraps so I could take a few frame rate benchmarks, Boarderlands 2 and Crysis 2 are running at close to max settings (without the high rez texture pack), the rest are running at a mid level setting.

I didn't do WoW as I get the same fps in one monitor as I do 3, 7-12 open world, 30-40 in 5/10 man CPU/RAM are the limiting factors not the card.

Subjectively they all seem to run well with the occasional frame rate dip in dishonored and crysis 2.

All benchmarks were taken during normal game play, in combat etc.

So far the only game I have tried this with and supports it, but I can not maintain a playable frame rate with is Saints Row the Third.
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2013-08-22 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New chairs, as promised

Ikea Malkolm Beige

It's an old picture, it's become much tidier since then. Just haven't been able take a new picture during daylight, as I'm busy with 8 hours of school then followed by 6 hours of work 4 days a week

pretty fly for a wifi
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    i just got a malcom black chair, dunno the exact spelling but its really comfortable. i also just scored a gallant desk for 140 dollars off the internet with 2 side attachments! all really great!

10+ Year Old Account
    fixed some stuff

Windows 8
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Antec HCG 900
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i7 3700k @ 4.4ghz
    Mega Nehalem heatsink
    Samsung 840 Pro 520 SSD
    8 GB G.Skill 1600
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI @ 1109
    Yamasaki Catleap q270 x2, 1@100hz
    Asus Xonar STX
    Last edited by Loyrl; 2013-08-22 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Fixed my large post.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Loyrl, could you take a clear picture of the chair? The one next to the 2 monitors. Would also appreciate it if you included the name of the chair and where I could get one. It looks very comfortable and I could use a new chair to be honest.

Pretty nice setup, by the way.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

As a general reminder, please remember to check the opening post before you contribute. :)
    &nbsp;