Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Bolded part is the most important one. You don't remember. Well, it was bad. People played it because they had much less choice than today. Not to mention that whoever coded D2 ground sprites should have been smacked on the head a lot of times.
    But why are you comparing a game released in 2012 to a game released in 2000?

Honestly, vanilla d2 wasn't as bad as d3 is because people didn't expect d2 to be that good after release of d1. D2 ,however, has set a certain benchmark of what diablo games should be like, and a game released 12 years later miserably failed to achieve that.
    As a standalone game, d3 would be okay, as a continuation of the diablo series it's a major step backwards.

my only question will be about this

Loot 2.0

this seems to be what their are promised about 1.09, will we still have 1.09 or their are forcing us to buy the expansion to have that? Blizzard Blizzard....

Why did they have to use such cliche phrases in that video..."when angels have fallen...who will stand against the darkness?" Dun dun dunnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post

There is absolutely no relationship between a DRM and AH. Battlefield has a DRM but no AH. What locks into the AH is the rarity of drops, not the DRM.
    Oh dear. No, what locks you into the AH first, is the DRM. You cannot as in the past play on "open bnet" aka cheater heaven or on your own servers/direct IP if you want to use character editors or avoid bnet connection issues. You have to be online to play at all in D3. What was worse was finding out that on top of the DRM (supposedly to defeat piracy) the gameplay itself (rarity of drops worth a damn) drives you into their AH and we have either a gold farming game or a real cash money farming game. Then blizz nerfs gold rates etc..

Because it is cheaper to endure 24hours of problems than rent 10x more servers for the first 24 hours and not know what to do with them afterwards.
    Besides, the main problem were the authentication servers, not the game servers themselves.
    It cost them a lot of PR. Error 37 hit worldwide, you had non internet/gaming news folks talking about it. And yes, if you can't handle auth servers for 12 million and eat that cost, as big as blizzard is... I'm not gonna have a good attitude at overall customer/game support in the future. Just 24 hours... looks like you've forgotten all about blizzards long standing issues with battle.net from D1/2 and SC days. Yes, hackers/pirates used FSGS because they didn't pay but so did legit users to avoid bnet lag. And hell, you said "rent" servers. They can't fork over extra bucks to rent a server? They're not buying the hardware... sigh.

Because dumping all the points into one stat was very fun (hi to all bowazon players out there *wave*).
    So they could oh, revise the system? How did it change? You buy gear that maxed one main stat in D3 and some other secondary, usually MF.

If the upcoming WoW movie was to look half has good as any of the Diablo cinematics...
    Shame they went the live action route.
    Altho I would imagine a CGI full lenght movie of this quality would be awfully expencive and time consuming.

Will not buy it since D3 was pretty bad in my eyes, but it was a cool trailer. It will be the first Blizzard product I haven't bought since whatever came before Warcraft 1

"No one can stop Death."

Real Money Auction House says otherwise, brah.

Also, no Offline Play=No purchase from me. I refuse to support the Diablo franchise ever again as long as they force people to be online to play it.

Yeah, I can be Pal..., oh, khm khm, Crusader here too!
    Anyway, will buy this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sio View Post
    Oh dear. No, what locks you into the AH first, is the DRM. You cannot as in the past play on "open bnet" aka cheater heaven or on your own servers/direct IP if you want to use character editors or avoid bnet connection issues. You have to be online to play at all in D3.
    Oh, so your idea of a good game mode is the open bnet where you can cheat? OK, then I suppose online games are not for you indeed, precisely for that reason. Because having an SP mode or an open net mode implies that you have server code (or parts of it) on your client, which makes hacks 10000x times easier to happen.

What was worse was finding out that on top of the DRM (supposedly to defeat piracy) the gameplay itself (rarity of drops worth a damn) drives you into their AH and we have either a gold farming game or a real cash money farming game.
    Yeah, because in D2, useful uniques dropped all over the place... oh wait no, they didn't. The difference is not the drop rate (what was the DR of Tyrael's might in D2?) but the fact that D2 was tuned for single-player mode with no party and trade, which made even HC gameplay a snoozefest (minus the dreaded Disconnect boss, of course). D3 is tuned towards an online community and intense trading. Which is IMO a much tighter way to tune a game. Besides, even D3 can be completed in self-found mode (some people I know did that pre-Inferno nerf, mind you).

It cost them a lot of PR. Error 37 hit worldwide, you had non internet/gaming news folks talking about it. And yes, if you can't handle auth servers for 12 million and eat that cost, as big as blizzard is... I'm not gonna have a good attitude at overall customer/game support in the future. Just 24 hours... looks like you've forgotten all about blizzards long standing issues with battle.net from D1/2 and SC days.
    It cost them a lot of PR? Sure thing, no doubt about that. But that didn't cost them the server. You can argue that it's stupid, and I would tend to agree, but that's how companies work these days. In the same tune, a lot of companies would rather decline a raise demand from a good employee, watch him leave and then realize that it will be more expensive to hire a new one, plus you'll have to re-train him. But that's how all companies work: a cost saving that can be calculated > a potential loss. Modern management 101, alas.

So they could oh, revise the system?
    They just did with Paragon points, which is imo much more fun than the original D2 system.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The cinematic looks awesome, it's a shame the game felt so dull to me. I hope the people who like this game buy it up though, I'd love to see another cinematic or two.

Not this time blizzard, not this time

Looks good though and Hammerdin back is a good thing I guess, for the barb to get some solid competition as the leading OP class while WD/DH rot in the dirt.

Kinda disapointed in only one new class :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Looks good though and Hammerdin back is a good thing I guess, for the barb to get some solid competition as the leading OP class while WD/DH rot in the dirt.
    I highly suspect WoTB and Critical Mass will get the nerfbat prepatch, which should even out the playground somewhat.
    MMO player

Definitely looking forward to this

Without the Annual Pass it wouldn't have sold as much as it did, and this will show this time around , except if they introduce another Annual Pass for people to jump on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Without the Annual Pass it wouldn't have sold as much as it did, and this will show this time around , except if they introduce another Annual Pass for people to jump on.
    Annual passes were 1.2M out of 12M copies sold, if my memory is correct. Sure, it's still 10%, but it's not 50 or 75.
    MMO player

No thanks. Not playing D3 ever again until we have a RMAH free server. The console version has one now - so there is not a single excuse in the world that justifies the PC version not having one with the same loot rules as the console version.

And no - Not paying for D3 on console. Just shows how Blizzard has turned away from a company that valued their playerbase... into company that is there just to milk them.

Totally honest here, but I didn't care for D3 that much, but seeing the Crusader totally got me thinking about buying RoS and dusting the game off.

Is this the xpac where the add normal wasd movement so that the game is playable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Is this the xpac where the add normal wasd movement so that the game is playable?
    WHY in the world would they add that? It would be terrible
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s