Thread: 5.4 Enh PVE ?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Rygarius plays a shaman. Calling it now.
    Rygarius is good people. I've been impressed with his/her responsiveness on Twitter. It's not so...glib...unlike other individuals with Blizzard.

The question is what can they do at this point? Weve got 2 and a half weeks till patch lands. A pure numbers tweak on Fire Nova will not fix anything. The 4pc when it wasnt nerfed was still not a solution to the issue. Can they do tweaks to the mechanic at this point? Probably not.
    Well, we have 2.5 weeks instead of 4 days for them to figure something out. There are some halfway solutions that we could get, like Fire Nova off the GCD (macro it to ALL THE THINGS!), Flame Shock spread on enemy death (so that killing adds is a damage buff rather than a damage nerf), Fire Nova doing increased damage against targets affected by Flame Shock (so that we have a scaling increase over time).

I wonder if Magma Totem is even a factor in their AOE DPS calculations at this point. Maybe have MT spread FS as well?

I think we will see a buff to Fire Nova damage in the near future.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    Flame Shock spread on enemy death
    That seems like a great idea...spread whatever duration was left on FS as if it had been LL.
    "Brevity is...wit"

We're getting an 83% buff to FN. Just so you know, should be public today/tomorrow. Doesn't fix shitall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtha View Post
    We're getting an 83% buff to FN. Just so you know, should be public today/tomorrow. Doesn't fix shitall though.
    It doesn't get at the core problem, but if they'll give us something to help get FS (and not lose it too quickly) up, it'll help us get a lot of AOE damage out. Hopefully, they'll pair it with some modified FS/LL mechanic like I'm begging for.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was afraid of this. The damage is not the issue. The damage is fine once we get it going. Its the fact it takes forever to get it going and we have to hold off on our staple single target attacks in order to be effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yeah I was afraid of this. The damage is not the issue. The damage is fine once we get it going. Its the fact it takes forever to get it going and we have to hold off on our staple single target attacks in order to be effective.
    It's a step forward though, sadly only usable on 2-3 fights that I've experienced. Out of 10~

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    It doesn't get at the core problem, but if they'll give us something to help get FS (and not lose it too quickly) up, it'll help us get a lot of AOE damage out. Hopefully, they'll pair it with some modified FS/LL mechanic like I'm begging for.
    not this tier, they said that the tier bonus works, the one that makes Flame Shock have a chance to refresh the cooldown on Lava Lash and give 5 stacks of Searing Flames, they could make it a baseline ability for Enhancement.

Deleted
    Someone please explain our AE rotation issues to Rygarius on Twitter please ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    not this tier, they said that the tier bonus works, the one that makes Flame Shock have a chance to refresh the cooldown on Lava Lash and give 5 stacks of Searing Flames, they could make it a baseline ability for Enhancement.
    If youve been on the PTR you know it doesnt address the core issue. Especially now that that its been nerfed.

Sure it helps refresh Lava Lash, but to take full advantage of it you need to have multiple dots rolling already. You need the 4pc to spread more but you need to spread to get the 4pc proccing more if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Someone please explain our AE rotation issues to Rygarius on Twitter please ;_;
    I tried. He replied to me saying Flame Shock is on a 6 sec cooldown, whats I am missing.

I planted my head into my desk.

Source?

An 83% buff to Fire Nova definitely isn't meaningless. We'd do nearly as much damage off of one spread as we normally do with two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what I think he is trying to argue on twitter. We are not to spread FS anymore and just rely on the one ticking FS to FN.

Took about 50 messages to get that out though, stupid twitter and their charachter limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Source?

An 83% buff to Fire Nova definitely isn't meaningless. We'd do nearly as much damage off of one spread as we normally do with two.
    An 83% buff will mean that it actually packs a punch for cleave off 2 targets, let alone 3 (hello fallen protectors). It simply means you're going to have to plan your AoE better, holding Lava Lash to spread for big novas. Rogues have to do the same, pooling energy to spam FoK, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7o1b0yhdbne85m5/

Hahahaha, rogues needed buffing right ?

If youve been on the PTR you know it doesnt address the core issue. Especially now that that its been nerfed.

Sure it helps refresh Lava Lash, but to take full advantage of it you need to have multiple dots rolling already. You need the 4pc to spread more but you need to spread to get the 4pc proccing more if that makes sense.(...)
    Yeah, I was more on way I don't think we will get any mechanical changes to our AoE next patch, I didn't really like that set bonus even before the nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh neither do I.

I think they are moving towards the "Buff the shit out of Fire Nova so they dont need to spread dots anymore".

Problem there is, we will still wait to spread because we want to do more damage. If they buff the shit out of it, give it a bigger range, untie Lava Lash from the spread mechanic. Bandaid fix wipe your hands and go to the pub.

Deleted
    Thats what I think he is trying to argue on twitter. We are not to spread FS anymore and just rely on the one ticking FS to FN.

Took about 50 messages to get that out though, stupid twitter and their charachter limits.
    Well I made a twitter account and I think he got the point. If that 80%ish buff is coming though its gonna hit for a ton if you do more than one spread.

But again, to do 2 or more spreads you must first, well... spread the flame shock.

Yep Fire Nova spreading Flame Shock would be a lot better IMO, the biggest problem is the 10 seconds on Lava Lash, 10 seconds is more than most of AoE durations anyway.

I dunno. I kinda of like the amount of Burst Enhance has and can sustain... Some of the highest I've seen so far with 5.4, exception to Mage burst.
    Last edited by Nikkosyia; 2013-08-22 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkosyia View Post
    I dunno. I kinda of like the amount of Burst Enhance has and can sustain... Some of the highest I've seen so far with 5.4, exception to Mage burst.

We don't care much about the burst. Having sustained single target DPS being nerfed because burst was OP in PVP is NOT OK.

There is literally no logic behind Stormstrike and Lava Lash being nerfed. Why did the 4pc bonus get nerfed again? 0 Justifications.