Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Is it 9th of October? Or 10th of September? Us Europeans use the real and logical metric and date systems, so I'm confused.
    When I say the date out I say, September(9), tenth(10), two-thousand and thirteen(2013). So for me 9/10/2013 makes more sense. Also it is in order of smallest possible to largest possible number.

On a similar note, why does every conversation between Americans and Europeans have to devolve into nitpicking semantic bullshit?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2013-08-21 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    It does not eliminate confusion if the rest of the world haven't adopted the same system. Having the month before the day is like putting the town before the street in an address.
    The actual use makes a lot of sense to me. For example, when my kid was born:
    "He was born in May."
    "What day?"
    "May 25th."
    "How long ago?"
    "May 25, 2009."
    "Do you remember exactly when?"
    "He was born exactly May 25, 2009 at 7:02 AM. We were in labor overnight."

I think it makes more sense. You start your description vague then get more specific. It's like someone asking you what time the movie is showing. "It's on Friday at 7:30 PM, would you like to come join us?" Probably because I've grown accustomed to it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know what im not doing until Sept 10th

three more weeks of boredom. Yay for F2P MMOs though. playing those other MMOs helps me recover from WoW burnout.

3 weeks to grind 1000 VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you Blizz. The past 5 tiers the patch is released with seasons end. Patch 5.4 "Hey GUYS SEASON 13 ENDING IN 2 WEEKS!" /YAY!!! "AND HEY GUYS HERE'S THIS COOL TRAILER FOR THE NEW PATCH A MONTH EARLY!". Fuck you. I hope you lose alot of people with FF RR coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    will be 11th for Europeans, they get patch a day later
    And the WTC bombings happened in Europe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    And the WTC bombings happened in Europe?
    no cos usa have always got patches a day earlier than europe due to time difference, it has nothing to do with the world trade centre in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Fucking terrible. I cannot express how blindingly stupid it is not to offer new valor gear for players. I am so glad I uninstalled this trash a couple days ago. And you won't have to worry about me spamming your precious general warcraft or dungeon and raid forums much. I'm done with this trash until someone gets some sense over at blizzard.
    Loving the irony that the individual responsible for posting this nonsense is calling himself "glorious leader".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So they were just lying when they said the 27th. That's great. Maybe they should just shut it till they know for sure.
    From last weeks news post that first started speculating that the release was Aug 27.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nding-Soon-DLC

Specifically

Patch 5.4 - Potential Release Date
    With Season 13 ending soon, we finally have a potential release date for Patch 5.4. There are still many things that could delay the patch, so keep in mind that this date is not final!

Blizzard released Cataclysm on December 7th, the day of the Pearl Harbor attack.

Blizzard is releasing 5.4 on September 10th, a day before the 9/11 attack.

Blizzard is the Illuminati.

Wowhead has posted a useful guide that can help you make sure to get the most from Battlefield: Barrens before it’s gone.
    Once again, MMO-Champion has edited a Blue post to remove links to their competitors. If you edit Blue posts, I cannot trust that you are presenting them accurately or honestly. You preserve all other hyperlinks, just not those to Wowhead. I understand they are your competition, but tough shit. That doesn't mean you get to change what Blizzard says.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    When I say the date out I say, September(9), tenth(10), two-thousand and thirteen(2013). So for me 9/10/2013 makes more sense. Also it is in order of smallest possible to largest possible number.

On a similar note, why does every conversation between Americans and Europeans have to devolve into nitpicking semantic bullshit?
    I guess half of these comments wouldn't even have happened if the image just said "09/10/2013" instead of "09.10.2013".
    On the other hand, the news title and the headline in the newspost clearly state the date unmistakably, so I guess people just argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini4t View Post
    Once again, MMO-Champion has edited a Blue post to remove links to their competitors. If you edit Blue posts, I cannot trust that you are presenting them accurately or honestly. You preserve all other hyperlinks, just not those to Wowhead. I understand they are your competition, but tough shit. That doesn't mean you get to change what Blizzard says.
    Eh, they removed the link but the spirit of the line is intact. I don't see a problem here. Anyone that wants to can easily go to wowhead and search for the guide. It's not like anyone here won't know (or at the very least couldn't just google) wowhead. I could see a slippery slope argument here so maybe it bears watching but I'd say it's not yet something to worry about.

First look at the Picture and I was like wtf, 10th september, but the picture said 9th of October..

Guess its still early here in swe. Fucked up dateformatting :P

Anyways, cant wait for patch to come!

World first 10 man here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    The actual use makes a lot of sense to me. For example, when my kid was born:
    "He was born in May."
    "What day?"
    "May 25th."
    "How long ago?"
    "May 25, 2009."
    "He was born exactly May 25, 2009 at 7:02 AM. We were in labor overnight."

I think it makes more sense. You start your description vague then get more specific. It's like someone asking you what time the movie is showing. "It's on Friday at 7:30 PM, would you like to come join us?" Probably because I've grown accustomed to it though.
    Or:
    "Sure, 7:02 AM on the 25th of May, 2009. We were in labor overnight."

There are many ways to phrase time and dates when it comes to speech, and most are perfectly fine. If you believe "You start your description vague then get more specific" is true, then you would say then Date would be formatted YYYY/MM/DD not MM/DD/YYYY. The later is just absolutely bizarre and your argument does no match up.

YYYY/MM/DD is the best format (for purpose of date sorting), followed by DD/MM/YYYY (in terms of ordering LSB>>MSB). MM/DD/YYYY is just as screwy as say YYYY/DD/MM would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    3 weeks to grind 1000 VP.
    Hey, A point on the grinding for Valor.... I read somewhere that there are NO Valor quarter masters in 5.4... so am I right in saying not to both with Valor? Other than having some on hand for upgrading gear?

It's been 12 years, how long until we stop making a bit deal out of the 9th of September?

P.S. I can't believe that was 12 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's been 12 years, how long until we stop making a bit deal out of the 9th of September?

P.S. I can't believe that was 12 years ago.
    You mean the 9th of November.

10+ Year Old Account
    remember remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot?

So there is no coin change? We still going to use Mogu coins for SoO?

Deleted
    I think it's safe to say that this isn't the first time the patch is going to be delayed xDDDD

So we are going to use Mogu coins still for extra rolls? Interesting...time to cap to 10!