Oldgodsdamnit our tier looks sexy!

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Oldgodsdamnit our tier looks sexy!
    I don't think the tier looks very "warlock-y", more of a mix between mage and warlock to be honest. Where are all the dark and gloomy tier sets? T14 may be my new transmog until I get something else.

As for the repeated questioning over the RoF nerf, it wasn't to nerf destro's damage in any way, it was to remove it from the single target rotation. As long as this loss of damage will be made up through bonus immolate damage and maybe 10% to incinerate, and more ember generation through conflagrates (let's say), the spec shouldn't have changed much.

I really don't understand what they're doing with UVLS... if they're gonna nerf the proc rate this much they should just change it all together. Make it some mastery proc or something. All they're really doing is just wiping it in our faces for "abusing" the mechanic...
    Last edited by Saferis; 2013-08-22 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't really think that buffing Immolate in that way will cause any sort of long lasting issue. I just don't feel like it really "fits" the identity of the spec is all.

(I wasn't exactly a fan of RoF in the single target rotation either as you might have guessed by now, and I'm glad that it's gone [Assuming they compensate for it. If they don't, then GIEF IT BAK])
    I feel like you are really nitpicking at something totally irrelevant in the scope of how the spec would play after a buff to immolate ember regen. It plays the exact same, and is good at the exact same things its always been good at. The reasons have changed throughout the years, but destro has always had a reason to cast immolate before casting nukes and a class overhaul in between expansions hasn't changed that. Linking the spec's damage to Immolate + nukes is closer to the spec's identity than Immolate + nukes + 30% rain of fire.

Yeah but RoF has more green fire involved then Immolate. Therefore RoF>Immolate.

I'm with Brusalk in that overbuffing immolate (relative to other ember generators) is a very bad idea. Perhaps we are both gunshy about destro starting down a slippery slope into dots > nukes? Destro at its core should be about its nukes. The spec got severely away from that for a couple expansions. If anything I'd support a glyph that trades immolates up front damage for instant + 3 sec/1 tick duration at the end. Ember generators need a coef buff and ember spenders need to go up about 30%'ish. That's if they don't touch mechanics.

The delay is great news both for prepping and quality of product of the next few months. So far though all we know is 10% to immolate is ~1% gain and we are down 30% ember generation single target and quite a bit more in multi target. I still notice sustainability issues trying to aoe say 5'ish mob packs which is pretty common. The 2pcT16 is still very horrible due to RNG on top of RNG for a minor buff. The 4pcT16 is stronger but has an ICD so it scales inversely with gear or CD's (darksoul/warp/etc). No special trinket interaction (like uvls and demo) to crutch the spec on.

@strmstrike - I would love to use h/htf wush if I could get one. Our luck on trinkets is beyond horrible and its already been said we are not going back. Though I guess we get a few more chances with the delay announced. I have a 543 UVLS and Chanye (or 530 valor trinket lol). Feels like my options are mainspec aff w' bad trinkets and hope for luck w' amp/KTT or go demo w' crit setup and run chanye + timeless isle trinket for normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    The 4pcT16 is stronger but has an ICD so it scales inversely with gear or CD's (darksoul/warp/etc). No special trinket interaction (like uvls and demo) to crutch the spec on.
    Any idea what the icd is for this?

It is bad enough that the 2set doesn't scale (conflag cd being static) vs affi and demo both scaling via haste, and #targets in affi's case - even if they had icd's, you can't spam conflag / gaining an ember - either you get the proc or don't. Affi will keep ticking, getting its proc after any icd ends, and demo can fish till it gets a proc, then save sf charges till the proc/icd is over.

They really would have to do a lot to catch destro up, and they haven't really shown any interest in it so far :l
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-08-22 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I don't think the tier looks very "warlock-y", more of a mix between mage and warlock to be honest. Where are all the dark and gloomy tier sets? T14 may be my new transmog until I get something else.
    Personal pref, but I kind of loathe the new tier set (I've hated all the lock tier sets this xpak tbf). At least the new pvp set looks amazing.

Honestly would love some sort of instant chaos bolt that costs no ember mechanic. Would help those people complaining that KJC doesn't effect chaos bolt. 20% chance on a Immolate crit. This would boost usefulness of the 2 piece tier 16 as well. Chaos bolt hits like a noodle now in PVP so I don't feel this change would screw that up really at all.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

If the patch would have went live next week, then I'm pretty sure Destro would have gonna under the radar like it has been. I felt it was going to be one of those specs they just forget about. Maybe the extra 2 weeks will buy them enough time to look at it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have logs of hwo we are doing on the fights so far in SoO?

Anyone have a spec by spec comparison between the classes?

I think it would help a lot if we could actually see some of the numbers we are pulling in comparison to others. Some say we are terrible others are saying we will be fine. I would rather look at the straight dope than be stuck in limbo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Personal pref, but I kind of loathe the new tier set (I've hated all the lock tier sets this xpak tbf). At least the new pvp set looks amazing.
    Tyrannical Elite from this season was pretty nice, not sure I can say the same about next.

Breaking into the top 10 out of 15'ish dps isn't stellar lol.... Anything where destro can snipe shadowburns it will do well but niche situations don't make a spec. Crutching an entire spec on shadowburn sniping (esp w' havoc + shadowburn cleave) seems like a gimmicky playstyle to say the least.

Yeah, fights where you can snap Shadowburns ala Horridon, it'll do well, but that is indeed a very niche situation.

I like the Immolation giving guaranteed Embers solution - it'd essentially fill up Rain of Fire's function. Just make sure to limit it to only generate embers if it's on 1-3 targets, or something like that, so people can't exploit it (like anyone would keep hardcasting it, but yeah).

@Werst: tbh Destruction has been pretty gimmicky this last tier - if you're exceptional with it you can do well, but in most normal situations you'd only use it on fights where you can abuse FnB (or snipe Shadowburns).

10+ Year Old Account
    they do not want to compensate taking rof out of the single target rotation with another way to generate embers. they want to do it through numbers instead

10+ Year Old Account
    They can buff Chaos Bolt for PvE, they'd just have to adjust the PvP modifier accordingly. They already said they don't want to increase Ember generation, but the starvation it's led to in AoE can't really stay; perhaps they could increase RoF Ember generation for the 2nd-3rd target it hits?

Deleted
    its incredibly simple to fix the ember generation, ive come up with ideas to bake it into backdraft, another way is to simply make FnB(to fix the ember starvation while aoeing that ppl are reporting) cheaper to use or generate more ember(cost 1 ember but generates 2 ember bits etc.), if blizz were even reading some of these pages they would have gotten plenty of ideas from a lot of different ppl that are usable and not in any way OP, ofc im in no way saying that these ideas will solve everything but for blizz in this situation its better for them to do something, rather than nothing and so far all we've seen from them is them doing nothing.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-08-22 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would also be nice if the initial cast of immolate gave you emberbits, especially in ae situations
    Last edited by sasofrass; 2013-08-22 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry if my question may sound stupid but, as how I understand it Destruction is behind not only on single target, but it has its AOE crippled heavily by the ember generation loss. Can anyone, playing the PTR, confirm this is the case? I really enjoy Destro's AOE and I find it strange that Blizzard would cripple a spec so severely in every department, when the said spec was not stellar to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I'm sorry if my question may sound stupid but, as how I understand it Destruction is behind not only on single target, but it has its AOE crippled heavily by the ember generation loss. Can anyone, playing the PTR, confirm this is the case? I really enjoy Destro's AOE and I find it strange that Blizzard would cripple a spec so severely in every department, when the said spec was not stellar to begin with.
    Well when there are a lot of targets (like > 6) Destro is still among the top AoE specs obviously, but now this is only if the targets are in a small radius (since MF doesn't work anymore with FnB), and it is harder to keep the AoE rotation when you have limited targets (5-6-7, I haven't really tested how many is needed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    i havent really tested destro out myself, but ive also heard from ppl that they are currently incapable of maintaining aoe on 5 and below amount of targets, and that is from ppl i have no reason to doubt, so i would confirm it based on that.

well it wasnt about crippling a spec as much as it was about fixing its single target rotation, having to use an aoe spell for single target dps is wrong and it shouldnt be used and atm they just havent given any compensation or fix for the issue, and im sure many of the ppl that play destro regularly made a sigh of relief when they heard the patch wasnt coming out until september 10 which would give blizz more time to fix destro's issues.