Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I didn't like BC. Sue me.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria, closely followed by Cataclysm.

At least I remember some things from Cata. I genuinely forgot I leveled a char to level 90 in MoP, that's how forgettable it was.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-08-22 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Worst to best:

Cataclysm > TBC > Wrath > MoP.

Deleted
    Cata easily. To this day i have not entered a single one of the raids, everything felt so random, getting twinks through those level is a huge PITA, it felt like blizz was getting lazy and arrogant (you can almost feel the attitude of 'those fucking nolife addicts will buy and enjoy it anyway, no need to put effort in' in literally everything they did in this expansion)...just... no. Fucking disgrace to a company that once was respected as a From Gamers For Gamers brand.

List of the good features of Cata:
    RBGs before they turned to shit

Glad to see lots of others think Cata just seemed.. I dunnoo.. lazy? The lore didn't give off any sort of "feeling" for me. There were lots of pop culture references to the point of it being "stop", and the whole "death and destruction fire rawr" just didn't resonate with me. All the other expansion had a definite aura to them, Cata was just.. there.

Catacylsm

Blizzard ruined the game for me with Dragon Soul. All the bosses were either easy(eventually easier), boring, or just retarded (Spine, and Madness). Blizzard barely tried and completely failed. Easily the worst tier of raiding I have ever been a part of.

Cataclysm hands down. With as easy as wrath became, I saw almost no cc, people breezed through dungeons like they didn't even care, groups became all about me and what I'm doing. when i first started healing on my shaman, which was my first step outside of dps, i could just sit there and spam chain heal while falling asleep at my computer without fear of anyone dying. I know it sounds like I'm bashing wrath, but the content was fun, an the story was interesting when you stopped to read quests and examine what's going on around you.

Come cataclysm, it was MANDATORY to cc right off the bat, it threw many players off dramatically, since most new players to wrath had no idea what cc even was. Dungeons were a horrible nightmare, I once spent 4 hours in Grim Batol, because I needed that mace off the last boss so badly and every time people would drop, we would just get more people who can't understand that cc was necessary. I saw more players quit the game at that massive learning curve over anything else. I watched a server die. Tanking became so difficult most people I knew, completely dropped it and didn't pick it back up until they had a decent amount of epics. Healing was equally as frustrating, it was impossible to keep a tank alive when he would just charge right into a full pack of un-cc'd mobs, and I got to watch as our party quickly turned to ashes. Due to this, I saw a massive rise in toxic players, who would badger each other endlessly over the slightest mistakes.

The dungeons themselves, were dull and boring, with only a few fun fights throughout. I have to say my favorite dungeons in the expansion were SOLELY the twilight dungeons, and not even because they were fun, but because I enjoyed the lore.

the raids were more frustrating and disappointing than anything though. when I went into BWD i realized the only fight that was really fun, for me at least, was Atramedes. it was drastically different and was for the most part the only part of the raid that had ANY lore tied into it. Chim was okay, but the mechanic was frustrating to teach to healers who weren't willing to learn. BoT had much the same issue, and honestly the raid itself was terrifyingly boring. even Sinestra was making me yawn. I didn't even bother with ToTFW up until after firelands came out. Firelands was interesting at first, until all the bugs and frustrating boss mechanics came into play. not to mention the entire raid fucked melee at every corner (traps on shannox, the constant movement on beth, the legs on rhyo, etc.) I found most raid guilds (on my server at least) were forgoing almost all of their melee dps for ranged. I was the only melee in my 10 man group, and there were other guilds on the server that weren't even using melee.

DS was an enormous mess. things hardly made sense, and when they did, it was gimmicky and lame. I did however enjoy the later parts of the raid as the aspects took more of a role in the fights (specifically Ultraxion and Madness), and I was delighted to find my favorite mount (lifebinder's) in the raid.

LFR I think was a good addition for those players who don't raid, or couldn't raid, and I think it was a step in the right direction of fixing everything that was wrong at the start of the expansion, but the loot was handled poorly. Many times did i see a full heroic geared person roll into lfr and just need on everything they could.

SOME of the questing zones were enjoyable, in particular for me, deepholm and twilight highlands. Hyjal was disappointing before and after the firelands patch. and I feel like Vash'jir (sea world) had a ton of potential, and I do remember seeing a blue post that there were many bugs that they had, that they didn't have the time or effort to fix, which lead to the disappointment that it is. I will never quest there again. ever. Uldum was decently fun and I really enjoyed the Indiana Jones references, made for a few good chuckles. but having them all seperated as they were just felt...weird? i don't know. The quests themselves were hit or miss. some quests were awesome, other quests made you want to gouge your eyes out.

so, uh, yeah. cata.

TL;DR? Cata removed a lot of baddies from the game, but also changed the players that stayed. People became bitter and angry. Dungeons, and raids were boring as hell, and there were only a few good questing zones.

sorry for the long ass post. I talk about this with my friends and guildies on a strangely often basis.

Edit: totally forgot to bring up transmog. if anything good came from that xpac, it was lifebinder's handmaiden and transmog.
    Last edited by Deanscream; 2013-08-22 at 08:08 AM.

Like everyone already said.. Cata zones weren't as cool and no new continent made it worse and the raids weren't as fun as in other xpacs. For example, BWD,BoT, ToFW weren't as fun as EoE, OS, and Naxx and DS was too easy and Deathwing's death felt anticlimactic.

End cataclysm and begin of pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm, although not by a huge margin

I think all of them were really good (didn't play during DS though, and people really didn't like that).

Cata had awesome launch raiding content imo. Also I like the 1-60 revamp.

It had some issues (levelling content spread over the entire world was pretty bad)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeven1301 View Post
    I very much suspect that, if you asked this again after the next expansion hits, MOP would have far more votes. People are still playing it and feel the need to defend it, many people staunchly defended Cata when it was still active too. I also suspect that those choosing TBC are people who are angry at everyone saying it was the best expansion and hating on the current one, so are choosing TBC with the intention of marking it down, probably those who started in Cata/Wrath. Much like people have to hate on the best MMO etc.
    I'm playing since Vanilla focusing mainly on progressive raiding and TBC was by far the worst experience ever. I've cleared all the content in TBC but it wasn't pleasant at all. Almost everything later on was much more fun and actually challenging experience skill wise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I'm playing since Vanilla focusing mainly on progressive raiding and TBC was by far the worst experience ever. I've cleared all the content in TBC but it wasn't pleasant at all. Almost everything later on was much more fun and actually challenging experience skill wise.
    you're right, but you are one player, one out of 7 millions currently playing and possibly 20-30 millions ex-players. i play since vanilla and progress in raid since vanilla like you, and i say TBC was the best time i had in wow. I guess that counter balance your opinion.

Deleted
    What a surprise, Cata came on top! I wonder why rofl

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I'm willing to bet a lot just vote for TBC out of spite, because they do know that TBC pretty much won every single contest of best wow expansion. keep in mind that a very large chunk of TBC player does not hand around MMO-C anymore, so TBC will only have weak support at best here, still popular though.

but fear not, you know it, i know it, the immense silent majority of past players knows it, TBC will forever be the golden age of wow. Only after TBC that wow stop its growth and start to stagnate and decline.
    Actually noone knows what the silent minority thinks so don't assume stuff to support your oppinion. TBC started the trend of dying servers due to complently broken progression model. Also forced tons of great players with slightly less time to put into the game to quit WoW. TBC model supported quild switching like no other era ever before or after. TBC was the pinacle of douchebags and wanna be elitist who had a lot of time for the game. When the game actually started requiring more skill than time the wannabies felt threatened by "the casuals" since they weren't special anymore ONLY because they could spend tons of time in game. Not to mention that FotM specs in TBC were so much better than everything else. Class balance was broken. The gameplay was only challenging time wise. And I've cleared the whole content in TBC as well tho not before the major nerfs because I didn't want to play a FotM class/spec and because I prefered to stick to my guild (till there was no chance to recruit anymore on a dead servers) and not jump ship like most people the moment something didn't go smoothly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you're right, but you are one player, one out of 7 millions currently playing and possibly 20-30 millions ex-players. i play since vanilla and progress in raid since vanilla like you, and i say TBC was the best time i had in wow. I guess that counter balance your opinion.
    You are also 1 out of current 7 millions which for most don't come to the forums. TBC is ONLY popular on forums which is hugely inconclusive. People mistake the popularity of WoW during TBC thinking it was due to the quality of the expantion while the most logical reason is that the game was still fresh and growing. WotLK reached the mmo market saturation point. Cata tried to cater to TBC fans and look how it turned out for Blizzard making the "challenging" content bring the start of the biggest drop in subs ever.

Also, taking into account that 90% of my Vanilla/TBC friends quit during TBC I would assume I'm not that alone in my oppinion about TBC. Sure, it's not conclusive, but shows that TBC was not as brilliant as people make it on the forums. You don't even imagine how many people hated TBC who don't play anymore due to its horrible design. Tbh, I was so close to quitting in TBC as well. Glad haven't done that because everything later was so much better. Cata broke few things due early cattering to the TBC fans but still was miles better experience than TBC even tho it was obviously unfinished.

Vanilla > TBC >> Cata > WotLK > MoP is how the quality of WoW presents. I would even add one more > between WotLK and MoP if it manages to fix what Cata has broken.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2013-08-22 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    I have a feeling most people saying Vanilla and TBC were poor never actually played them pre Wrath.

Some people also need to learn '>' means greater than.

Vanilla > Wrath > TBC > MoP > Cata.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-08-22 at 10:59 AM.

Cataclysm. There is no really other options.

Deleted
    If gameplay : cata
    If not gameplay : mop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I have a feeling most people saying Vanilla and TBC were poor never actually played them pre Wrath.

Some people also need to learn '>' means greater than.

Vanilla > Wrath > TBC > MoP > Cata.

Why is it everyone assumes people who didn't like tbc never played it?

Mmo-cs hardon for tbc is getting really tiring.
    dragonmaw - EU

I'm gonna go off-poll and say Vanilla. Yep, that's right, the original game content was SHIT. Cataclysm vastly improved most of it with its revamp, made it not 'gouge out my eyeballs' bad to level in. Burning Crusade is right behind it, that content is so moldy and craptastic now it sticks out like a swollen boil on the game's ass compared to the more refined questing seen in Wrath and onwards.

Deleted
    Pandaria easily. Heroic 5 mans becoming so useless and so uninteresting. Daily quest grind is the only thing we have together with dumbed down and uninteresting raids that means nothing now. No tactics in either is needed, no focus, no nothing, no need for others. People moaning and crying wanting to play an MMO as a single player game.