Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    You cant prove something doesnt exist, only that it does. So until proven otherwise, his statement remains true. But we should rather be focussing on gamelore, otherwise this will get locked pretty quickly due to "religion bashing" and such..
    Absence of proof is not proof of absence. So no, the statement is not true, no matter how obnoxiously one says it is.

As for the game, I think there must be some equivalent. In the Sylvanas story, it sounded like she was in a Hell of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Such things do not exist in real life. :P
    Well, you went there, so... yeah.

This is a logically self-defeating statement, as C.S. Lewis explains, "If the solar system was brought about by an accidental collision, then the appearance of organic life on this planet was also an accident, and the whole evolution of Man was an accident too. If so, then all our present thoughts are mere accidents—the accidental by-product of the movement of atoms. And this holds for the thoughts of the materialists and astronomers as well as for anyone else’s. But if their thoughts—i.e. of materialism and astronomy—are merely accidental by-products, why should we believe them to be true? I see no reason for believing that one accident should be able to give me a correct account of all the other accidents. It’s like expecting that the accidental shape taken by the splash when you upset a milkjug should give you a correct account of how the jug was made and why it was upset." In short, to preach atheistic materialism is to invalidate you as an authoritative, intelligent source capable of discerning and describing truth. You have cut off the branch you're sitting on.

Deleted
    Spirit realm for the humans and so, until The Light has taken them forward to other place.. Nathrezims go to Twisting Nether.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    There's a difference between a game and real life.

In a game, a higher power can exist, and so can a heaven, and a hell, or whatever there might be in the game files.

Such things do not exist in real life. :P
    And you know that because...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Source please
    *insert common sense + daily science* :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Wherever people go when they die, you can bet it will be raided in some future expansion.
    But but they are already dead?
    Holy shit! A healer priority raid, having to res the bosses before it sends you out of the spirit world, dps will have to hurt the healers to maintain them in the spirit world, and tanks can finally AFK an entire raid! Blizzard hire me and give mucho money

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Crusader_Bridenbrad

I suppose that's close enough to it.
    No. Just stop right there. I do not want to cry again. ;_;

Deleted
    They teleport to the nearest graveyard in 59...58...57...(ragequit)

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    This is nothing more than begging the question + misrepresenting science. Science is about observation and crafting hypotheses and theories based on repeatable observation to predict future outcomes. Modern science is therefore an invalid source on matters that have not been observed; science is unable to confirm, deny, praise, or criticize something that does not fall within its paradigm of observation. Thus you suggesting "science" as a means to disprove something that lies outside its scope is really materialistic philosophy masquerading around as science. Far too many fail to distinguish between the two.

Blizz imo fucked it up by implying there is such thing as paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    "daily science", lol.

If you're even reading such a thing(which I think you not), then you should know that we don't know everything about many things, and saying that Heaves DOESN'T exist is pretty stupid.
    People who're saying that the God or Heaven don't exist are novice in science, and probably should better read many books and think about it.

Deleted
    Science says that god does not exist. Reason for that is, that science only says something exists if it can be proven to exist. Hence, everything that cannot manifest itself does not exist. Exceptions for that rule are things that have working theory for something that has not been discovered but suggest that something exist.

Though, science does not say that God will never exist. Only that it does not exist right now.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-08-22 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizz imo fucked it up by implying there is such thing as paradise.
    maybe the paradise but the afterlife ala spirit world was an integral part in the story of the lich king. paradise may be different but i don't know if there's any proof that there is a paradise after death in the wc universe simply that the characters say there is, doesn't make it true.

also im glad this sparked a religious discussion because i for one have never ever seen people talk about "is there an afterlife" before in my entire life

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "daily science", lol.

If you're even reading such a thing(which I think you not), then you should know that we don't know everything about many things, and saying that Heaves DOESN'T exist is pretty stupid.
    People who're saying that the God or Heaven don't exist are novice in science, and probably should better read many books and think about it.
    From a scientific PoV, both topics are worthless, as you can't actually do anything with them. You can't prove or disprove their existence, and you can't make any observations or predictions about them.
    That makes it the more sensible stance to assume their non-existence and not bother with them any further.

Deleted
    Why do you have to use 'Heaven?' Not everyone is a Christian. o.o

Deleted
    Diablo has "heaven" so heaven is universal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Why do you have to use 'Heaven?' Not everyone is a Christian. o.o
    Paradise, eden, holy place, Nirvana, nothell... Termology for the same thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Science says that god does not exist. Reason for that is, that science only says something exists if it can be proven to exist. Hence, everything that cannot manifest itself does not exist. Exceptions for that rule are things that have working theory for something that has not been discovered but suggest that something exist.

Though, science does not say that God will never exist. Only that it does not exist right now.
    I think that's still misrepresenting science. To say something does not exist assumes all possible knowledge to deny it exists anywhere in the Universe and beyond. At worst, science is silent on the matter. What is really being implied here is the Aristotelian philosophy of observation and how we can come to know truth through the natural world and the five senses, upon which modern science is based. There's a lot of credit to that philosophy, but it does not and cannot address all things in existence. Love, intelligence, sentience, etc., are all outside the realm of science. We may measure patterns of behavior by which these things manifest themselves, but never do we observe the thing itself. Does love, intelligence, and sentience not exist, then? If we take your misrepresentation of science to be accurate, then they must not exist, as they cannot be directly observed in and of themselves. I do not think that's what science is, however. Science describes what is observed; it is silent on matters unobserved, neither confirming nor denying their existence. To go beyond that is to enter the realm of philosophy, which many people here have done unknowingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    They just go on to the next expansion...
    LMAO! I know that druids (and night elves?) go to the Emerald Dream since it's based on Lovecraft's Dreamlands.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-08-22 at 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot about night elves

There is however instead of the Up and down Heaven or Hell that Christianity implies Souls in Warcraft can be diverted to other "Realms." The Voodoo realms that protect the Souls of the Trolls, the Naaru that saved the fallen Crusader in Icecrown redeemed his soul with the light and brought it somewhere "bright." On the other side of the spectrum are the darker realms of the Void where Sylvannas actually saw the tortured soul of Arthas in child form.

Unlike heaven there is no paradise waiting for anyone when they die. They will be with whoever they put their "Faith" into whether it be ancestors, Shamans, Naaru, Val'kyr or otherwise. If they fall into the void however they fall as Voidwalker food or worse.

Edit: Just followed this link http://wowpedia.org/Crusader_Bridenbrad

I've lost loved ones to cancer too but this also made me just as sad. I never knew.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-08-22 at 09:48 PM.