Poll: How did I do?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortifie View Post
    When asked about pandas right before MoP was announced they side-stepped the question a similar way, saying something along the lines of them generally being used as april fools jokes or something. I wouldnt put too much thought into the vague things they say, especially with blizzcon right around the corner.
    The thing is though, Pandaren were used by Blizzard. In Warcraft but also as an April's fools joke. I haven't seen any Tinker jokes or rumors started by Blizzard alike that!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victosia View Post
    The thing is though, Pandaren were used by Blizzard. In Warcraft but also as an April's fools joke. I haven't seen any Tinker jokes or rumors started by Blizzard alike that!
    maybe it's because they were already part of the game?

Goblin alchemists... Goblin Zeppelins... Gnome flying machines... Gelbin Mekkatorque... Gnome mechsuits... Goblin shredders...etc etc.

if you ask me Tinkers are one of the most under-appreciated classes in warcraft.

I have no idea what links tinkers have had to blizz at this point, all Im getting at is that I dont think the recent blue post means much. Hypothetically, lets say blizz is planning on implementing tinkers in 6.0. How would they respond to people asking about them? Well, history suggests they might respond by giving a short and trivial reason why they might not want to implement them.
    Last edited by Mortifie; 2013-08-22 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers were also brought into WC3 as an April Fool's joke, then brought into the game fully after fan reaction.

So both have a similar history.

The plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    maybe it's because they were already part of the game?

Goblin alchemists... Goblin Zeppelins... Gnome flying machines... Gelbin Mekkatorque... Gnome mechsuits... Goblin shredders...etc etc.

if you ask me Tinkers are one of the most under-appreciated classes in warcraft.
    I guess that is because all of the things are tied to engineering and not tinkers as a class, I guess. Maybe blizzard simply just doesn't want the overlap since they see it as whimsical. Hmm!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortifie View Post
    I have no idea what links tinkers have had to blizz at this point, all Im getting at is that I dont think the recent blue post means much. Hypothetically, lets say blizz is planning on implementing tinkers in 6.0. How would they respond to people asking about them? Well, history suggests they might respond by giving a short and trivial reason why they might not want to implement them.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Tinker

see the list of notable tinkers in that page? thats actually a dozen times as many as the number of notable monks that was in the game pre-MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that is because all of the things are tied to engineering and not tinkers as a class, I guess. Maybe blizzard simply just doesn't want the overlap since they see it as whimsical. Hmm!
    whimsical or not, technology was always an aspect of warcraft since w2(hell, we had Oil Derricks, sub-marines and choppers in Warcraft2, it can't get any better than that!) . i don't see any class representing them do you?

mages represent arcane
    warlocks represent fel magic
    death knights represent death magic
    druids represent nature magic
    etc etc.

no class represents technology. and that's why it's going to be a unique class.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was the case, GC would have simply said that there's already Engineering in the game.

The fact that he didn't indicates that Blizzard doesn't view a class as the same thing as a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If that was the case, GC would have simply said that there's already Engineering in the game.

The fact that he didn't indicates that Blizzard doesn't view a class as the same thing as a profession.
    I just don't think it'll happen after said blue post. It sounds like a decline. We'll have to wait and see!
    Oh lawd

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think it'll happen after said blue post. It sounds like a decline. We'll have to wait and see!
    Actually I think it increased.

It showed that A. Blizzard doesn't view Tinkers as an overlap with Engineering, and B. Their implementation is a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually I think it increased.

It showed that A. Blizzard doesn't view Tinkers as an overlap with Engineering, and B. Their implementation is a possibility.
    Nope just that they "Might be a little too whimsical for WoW"

I really like this idea I think it need a few changes but its a good start

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I've completely redone this concept to make it completely revolve around the hammer tank concept. I feel that this would be the most likely path Blizzard would take if they ever implemented the Tinker concept because it aligns with their general design for the concept up to this point.

Please let me know what you think, and thanks for reading.

I've been wanting non-cloak back-mounted items since forever. This concept certainly delivers on that. I like how it's a different device for each spec and race. That ought to serve to make tinkers seem more rare than they actually would be, and would showcase the art styles of each races' mechanical contrivances. It also would limit the classic tinker arms to the rarest spec choice. I like the arms, and they belong on a tinker like warglaives belong on a demon hunter, but I get the feeling that the "too whimsical" hangup the devs had was directly related to them - a little of them goes a long way. Leaving them to the tanks would let there be a little of them. The heat/venting mechanic is interesting, but I worry that the repair mechanic would really only add anything fun to the tank spec.

Anyway, I'd play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I've been wanting non-cloak back-mounted items since forever. This concept certainly delivers on that. I like how it's a different device for each spec and race. That ought to serve to make tinkers seem more rare than they actually would be, and would showcase the art styles of each races' mechanical contrivances. It also would limit the classic tinker arms to the rarest spec choice. I like the arms, and they belong on a tinker like warglaives belong on a demon hunter, but I get the feeling that the "too whimsical" hangup the devs had was directly related to them - a little of them goes a long way. Leaving them to the tanks would let there be a little of them. The heat/venting mechanic is interesting, but I worry that the repair mechanic would really only add anything fun to the tank spec.

Anyway, I'd play it.
    I apologize for not responding to this sooner. Don't know how I missed it.

I know that some are worried about silliness or whimsical-ness with a technology concept. However, I think that the hammer tank concept would make a lot of sense, and differentiate the class from the engineering profession. I also don't think that the arms contraption is silly. I think its pretty awesome personally. Not saying you're saying that, just pointing that out before someone says something.

That said, thanks for responding. I should have the talents finished soon.

Call me crazy Teriz, but I think I prefer your Chemist concept to this.