Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    rexxar and ogres for the horde to be complete
    Yeah, no, not really, I don't think an anti-social half breed that doesn't enjoy city life whatsoever, much less authority positions, is a good canidate for Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But the franchise is Warcraft, so you can be sure that the war will be continuing for as long as this franchise runs. A temporary peace to fight a common enemy has been tried way too many times since vanilla, I prefer the factions to be at war. I get far more joy out of slaying Alliance NPCs than I get from slaying Scourge or Demons.

If Baine becomes the new Warchief and works for peace with the Alliance, I hope it is the Alliance that starts provoking the Horde again. Kinda like Warcraft 3/vanilla WoW, or how Varian restarted the war over personal issues in Wrath. Let the Alliance be the bad guys again.
    War does not have to be the H/A war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I wouldn't mind that, assuming, of course, that he slaps Aggra into submission and drops the Go'el nonsense.

Too much of a softie imho, not saying we need another Hitl-Hellscream, I mean, but from what we've seen of Baine so far, he doesn't have what it takes.

The Warchief of the Horde has always been an Orc, and should be, regardless of what you like or dislike, I mean Blizzard did admit, that at its very Core, this game is Orcs vs. Humans, I don't think it would be a good move to do something like that, just for the sake of "progress"...

Pretty much everyone I've talked to in game hates the legendary cloak. Sure Anecdotal evidence and whatnot, but not everyone likes it. Also, again, Change, simply for the sake of it, is not a good thing.
    I agree with you for the most part. Warcraft is still Orcs vs Humans at the core, it is why Varian became the supreme ruler of the Alliance and not Malfurion or Tyrande.
    That is also why I don't like seeing Vol'jin or Lor'themar as Warchief, it just hurts the core of the franchise. I'd rather it be an Orc like it always has been.

And I think many people wouldn't mind seeing Thrall being Warchief again, they are simply tired of all this Go'el bullshit. Let him go back to the Doomhammer plate and crack some Alliance skulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Has always been doesn't mean it will always be, especially not when the previous Warchief was a psychopathic nut. It would be strange for the rest of the Horde to trust another Orc to lead them so easily and quickly, after Garrosh and his Kor'kron guard.
    To be fair, aside from Blizzards statement about wanting to stay true to Orcs vs. Humans, the Kor'kron are loyal to the Warchief, sure there are some rotten apples like Malkorok, but the Kor'kron are oathbound to the Warchief, whether they agree with him or not. Considering that Thrall was Garrosh's predecessor, and most other Horde leaders have seen that Garrosh is not every Orc, I don't think they'll "not trust" an Orc Warchief, simply because he's an Orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    War does not have to be the H/A war.
    So why even have the two different factions in the first place? Might as well merge them.

And what are the consequences of that? Oh, it's only hurting the core of their franchise... Blizzard isn't that stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's not going to be anyone obvious, which rules out vol'jin and theron. I'm thinking Rexxar.

OR A SURPRISE APPEARANCE BY GARONA DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
    Varian would probably stab her in the throat if she turned up lol.
    Aye mate

To be fair, aside from Blizzards statement about wanting to stay true to Orcs vs. Humans, the Kor'kron are loyal to the Warchief, sure there are some rotten apples like Malkorok, but the Kor'kron are oathbound to the Warchief, whether they agree with him or not. Considering that Thrall was Garrosh's predecessor, and most other Horde leaders have seen that Garrosh is not every Orc, I don't think they'll "not trust" an Orc Warchief, simply because he's an Orc.
    Even Malkorok seems to be loyal to Garrosh. His dying quote is even "It is an honor to die for the Warchief" or something along those lines.

High hopes for Rexxar, Tho I don't have any single idea what is he being busy with..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And I think many people wouldn't mind seeing Thrall being Warchief again, they are simply tired of all this Go'el bullshit. Let him go back to the Doomhammer plate and crack some Alliance skulls.
    As much as people love to spew anti-Thrall nonsense (and then engage Trassk in a forum war) most of it really IS because of the Go'el stuff, I'm pretty sure if he grabbed the Doomhammer and put on Orgrim's Armor, they wouldn't complain too much.

I still think Saurfang's a viable canidate though. I mean the guy has been with the Horde since the siege of Shattrath to the Third War. Served as Doomhammer's second in command during the Second War. Led the Might of Kalimdor. Played a Role in the Horde's victories in Northrend. Has respect for Varian Wrynn. I mean the guys practically custom tailored to be Warchief right now, sure he might be a little old, and lost his son, but he can definitely still fight, and his son died, 3 years, will it be? At the end of MoP

Deleted
    Isn't everyone in the Horde sworn to obey the Warchief? I believe that's an oath you take when you join it. So if Vol'jin and the rest could choose not to obey Garrosh because they thought he had gone nuts, then so could the Kor'kron. For whatever reason however, they decided to stick with him, and it doesn't look like they hate doing what they do either.

The next Warchief would have to be very influential and trusted for the other leaders to trust him/her, the only Orc I can think of that would do the job currently is Thrall.

The only reason I don't think Saurfang is a viable choice is because he's been too absent. Lor'themar, Thrall and Vol'jin, and even to an extent Baine, have all been major players in bringing Garrosh down, while Saurfang's role is essentially a fanservice cameo in the siege to show blizz hasn't forgotten he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Guys, we won't be seeing a new warchief rise in SoO end cinematic.
    You can't just select a new faction leader in like 3min, that just stupid.

Beside, developers said that new warchieft will be chosen in a patch after SoO.
    SO don't get your hopes up seeing a new Horde Leader in SoO.
    What if a few get selected by Thrall during the end cinematic and then those selected get to duke it out with the reveal/outcome showing in the patch after 5.4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Even Malkorok seems to be loyal to Garrosh.
    Sorry, that was a phrasing issue on my part, Malkorok is loyal to Garrosh, like the rest of the Kor'kron, however, not because of an oath or anything like that, rather, he actually agrees with what is going on, and proves to make Garrosh look reasonable, with some mere suggestions of his in ToW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Isn't everyone in the Horde sworn to obey the Warchief? I believe that's an oath you take when you join it. So if Vol'jin and the rest could choose not to obey Garrosh because they thought he had gone nuts, then so could the Kor'kron. For whatever reason however, they decided to stick with him, and it doesn't look like they hate doing what they do either.
    They are actually fiercely loyal to whoever is leading the Horde, not any particular individual -"The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm", page 179

Also, I think you're forgetting Saurfang. Either way, Thrall>Lor'themar/Vol'jin/Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'd guess a Horde Council with Vol'jin as the bigger guy.
    Someone confirmed it wouldn't be a council.

although i think they will go with a more established character like saurfang, vol'jin or lor'themar, personally i'd like to see it go to sunwalker dezco. he seems to have been an ever present ambassador of the horde in pandaria forming good relations with the pandarian and anduin. also in the quests for access to vale he does talk about his horde.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    as long as it isn't Saurfang or Thrall.

Thralls had his time and Saurfang is too old.
    I don't know people keep saying this. Nothing has ever pointed to Saurfang being feeble (if Orcs ever even get feeble)

He was just cleaving faces in Northrend a couple years ago. And seemed to be doing better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't know people keep saying this. Nothing has ever pointed to Saurfang being feeble (if Orcs ever even get feeble)

He was just cleaving faces in Northrend a couple years ago. And seemed to be doing better than most.
    They do, look at Drek'Thar.

But that's not the reason he shouldn't be warchief imo. It's that he's done nothing since Wrath but show up for a fanservice cameo in SoO. The new Warchief IMO should be someone more involved in dethroning Garrosh than that.

Don't get your hopes high, it will be Thrall.

Metzen's Mary Sue shall rule forever =(
    Signature in progress...

I wonder what excuse Blizzard will give if the new Warchief is not an Orc. The Warchief should be, before anything, the leader of the Orc clans (IMO).

Why would the Orcs accept a non Orc as their leader? What would stop them from picking their own Warchief and leaving the Horde? Also, if there's no Orc Warchief, why would all the different Orc clans submit themselves to the leadership of an *Orc leader* that's not above their own clan leaders and has to submit to the leadership of a non-orc.