Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I love CM, and would like to play her as many games as possible. I wouldnt care about that kind of flaming, if people flame for that they will flame you for whatev you choose really. It's an easy char to play, yes... but then enemy can choose anti-mage and use bkb and so on.
    No worries, I dont care about such flaming at all. I was just shocked that it was CM they were complaining about. I wouldnt even pick her, I randomed her. She is just a terrible hero if you dont have voice chat and a trilane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    #crystalmaidenbandwagon

Why don't you pick a hero that takes skill to use instead, like Storm Spirit?
    CM is too easy: all you need to do is support and wardbitch

Deleted
    Techies in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Techies in yet?
    no maybe next year

They need to add Terrorblade already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I love CM, and would like to play her as many games as possible. I wouldnt care about that kind of flaming, if people flame for that they will flame you for whatev you choose really. It's an easy char to play, yes... but then enemy can choose anti-mage and use bkb and so on.
    I love her too (she's one of my three most successful heroes). To be frank I don't give a damn about people labeling characters as bandwagons and such. I wasn't even aware she was considered one until now.

Why has this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I love her too (she's one of my three most successful heroes). To be frank I don't give a damn about people labeling characters as bandwagons and such. I wasn't even aware she was considered one until now.

Why has this happened?
    Shes not fotm :s
    Weak hero outside of early game ppl are dumb and/or trolling

Deleted
    I do wonder how Techies will work in Dota 2 in very high MMR. When I played him in DotA, the average skill level was so much lower compared to what I play against now in AP. You could always get first blood on easy lane with well placed mines and people hardly ever bought a gem or sentries. Nowadays there are supports who constantly carry sentries if they are against something invisible.

i was catching up on some stuff and i was reading this blog post about the four new heroes added into captains mode. i have never played either of these heroes in captains mode if they were ever in DotA, but as far as i understand, abaddon has to be the single best trilane support hero in the pool. even with a measly 500 range on his purge, i dont see a single hero that would universally fit so well with practically any single trilane. elder titan should be interesting, too.

i remembered this quote from five weeks ago or so too
    That guide is awful. Please never, ever, ever play Abaddon as a support hero.
    do you still think this

could you explain to me why he is not a fantastic support hero in most scenarios, preferably like i am six years old or something

because maybe i am missing something obvious

for your convenience, here are some quotations from the blog post i linked (written by someone way smarter than me):
    "support Abbadon is extremely viable", "carry Abaddon doesn’t seem to be working too well", "Semi-carry Abbaddon also appears relatively viable", "there is absolutely no evidence that he’s working as a carry"

to note is that hir list is not normalized for creep kills per minute versus game time, which would cause heroes that want the game to end earlier rather than later to score lower. i guess take it with a bit of salt
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-08-23 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I do wonder how Techies will work in Dota 2 in very high MMR. When I played him in DotA, the average skill level was so much lower compared to what I play against now in AP. You could always get first blood on easy lane with well placed mines and people hardly ever bought a gem or sentries. Nowadays there are supports who constantly carry sentries if they are against something invisible.
    Fuck that, suicide fb ftw
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

So, my last 4 games of dota...

Russian guy picks Pudge ''I mid or feed quit'';
    Proceeds to quit anyway, even though he had mid.

Bunch of people that don't speak english at all
    A zeus trying to rush basher

and well, that's it....

10+ Year Old Account
    I played two this morning, my team threw the first one horribly and in the second one the opposing team threw the game really badly so it all evened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Russian guy picks Pudge ''I mid or feed quit'';
    Proceeds to quit anyway, even though he had mid.
    Hah. I had a game with a Pudge player called "mid or feed"; I told him I didn't give a fuck. He starts flipping the fuck out, apparently not realizing I've no interest of even being mid. After feeding a few times he abandons with his only items being a few Iron Branches. Geez.

I think we actually won that game anyway, but I can't really remember. Well, it was one or the other.

Deleted
    Is this like a diary thread or something.
    Hello dear diary today I turned on dota then realized I need to go to the store and turned off dota.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i was catching up on some stuff and i was reading this blog post about the four new heroes added into captains mode.
    Does this mean we can do tryhard strats in -CM now.
    And maybe actually lose once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Is this like a diary thread or something.
    Hello dear diary today I turned on dota then realized I need to go to the store and turned off dota.
    It's pretty much like the "Bad Games" and "Screenshots of best games"-threads we have in the LoL-subforums... Which are mostly just thinly-veiled diary threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Hah. I had a game with a Pudge player called "mid or feed"; I told him I didn't give a fuck. He starts flipping the fuck out, apparently not realizing I've no interest of even being mid. After feeding a few times he abandons with his only items being a few Iron Branches. Geez.

I think we actually won that game anyway, but I can't really remember. Well, it was one or the other.
    eh, no idea what's with these people.

I mean, how someone finds it fun to ruin a game is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    could you explain to me why he is not a fantastic support hero in most scenarios, preferably like i am six years old or something
    A support Abaddon sits in the back and waits to heal his allies. For this reason, it's pretty easy to simply ignore him completely and just expect to have to do a bit more damage to his mates for kills. He gets zero use out of his ultimate and very little use of frostmourne, just being a weaker version of omniknight. If we're talking strictly trilanes, then obviously Abaddon's two support spells are very useful. I wouldn't call him the best, repel is still a far better spell than Abaddon's entire kit combined and I'm not sure why Omni continues to get flat out ignored by the community when he was a god tier pick in d1.

I would take data like the post you linked with a pile of salt. Trying to find statistical relevance between gold gain and win rate is pretty dangerous in public DotA. This doesn't show you what heroes serve as more stereotypical carry heroes, as the guide suggests, it only shows you what heroes need gold to perform any role at all. This is less because of the hero and the role and more because of the community. Antimage can make a pretty effective tank and initiator if he just stacks health early on (vanguard rush used to be the only way to play him). Now, everyone goes for battlefury no matter how long it takes them to build it. Of course an Antimage with only 300 GPM is going to lose the game when he's at 35 minutes and still only has a perseverance. On the other hand, most Abaddon players will build support items, even if their GPM is really high. A 600 GPM Abaddon is just an Abaddon with mek/pipe/sheep, and of course he's more likely to win the game than an Abaddon with just mek.

Overall, I'd say the chart linked in that blog post is next to meaningless. All it gives us is trends for how people play heroes. The heroes that people INSIST on carrying with are near the top, and the heroes people insist on supporting with are near the bottom, for the most part. Let's observe that Silencer is near the bottom of the list, not too far away from LoA. Does this mean Silencer is a better support than a carry? I don't know a single person in my bracket who thinks Silencer should be a support hero, yet people insist on Abaddon supporting - why?

You don't play Abaddon as a carry because he has super good damage scaling and makes the best use of his gold. You play him as a carry because if the enemies are attacking you instead of your team, you will always know who to shield (yourself). Furthermore, as you soak damage you can simply pop your ultimate mid fight and keep smacking people while you get healed. Abaddon's ability to permanently stick to a target and be impossible to kill is what makes him scary, not his ability to save allies from death. Like I already said, Omniknight does that way better, anyway. The only advantage I give Abaddon over Omni at supporting is purely in trilanes, which is the only circumstance where I would skill death coil on this hero. At the same time, I would still build carry items as I could.

To sum up my opinion, it is that you will see a big change in Abaddon trends, especially with gold use, as people learn how to actually play him. He is such a strong hero that it doesn't matter how you play him in most brackets. His ability to flat out ignore towers with aphotic shield will allow him to win most lanes anyway. However, I invite you to watch this (http://dotabuff.com/matches/283695761) game and see how useless support Abaddon is if the game lasts longer than lane phase. The guide even admits "semi-carry" is viable, which is the role nearly all strength heroes play (or should play). You're not going to rely on LoA to do all the damage, no, so I guess "carry" in that sense is not what I mean. He's your secondary, like Jugg, SB, Wolf, Sven, Siren, Drow (these days), Slardar, Viper, etc.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-08-23 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    On the other hand, most Abaddon players will build support items, even if their GPM is really high.
    A few stats on items for Abaddon this month:

Carry:
    Mask of Madness: 358,283
    Skull Basher: 291,814
    Sange and Yasha: 264,017
    Assault Cuirass: 214,921
    Heart of Tarrasque: 163,297

Support:
    Urn of Shadows: 356,276
    Mekansm: 234,645
    Arcane Boots: 132,220

I could have included Vladmir's Offering (666,436) as a support item, but the fact is most pub players will buy it on a carry Abaddon anyway.

When only 20,000 more meks are purchased on Abaddon (in a sample of 2 million games) than ACs, I don't think it's fair to say that support is more popular than carry. I know you're going to say that pubs are not a reliable source for this information, but the purpose of this post is mainly to prove that most Abaddon players do not build support items.

By the way, sheepsticks bought on Abaddon this month? 4381. That's a 0.22% build rate.

EDIT: Another interesting stat: Observer wards - winrate on Abaddon = 38%. On Rubick winrate = 34%, on Lion = 37%. Normal winrate = 36%

However, I invite you to watch this (http://dotabuff.com/matches/283695761) game and see how useless support Abaddon is if the game lasts longer than lane phase.
    Well if it's anecdotal evidence that we're going by...
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2013-08-23 at 08:24 PM.

An enemy team that can't break 1000 gpm combined is a bit TOO anecdotal for me. The game I linked wasn't a complete smash, we actually lost heavily early game as a result of support Abaddon. Luckily, the usefulness of his spells fades very, very quickly.

Even if I believed that people build carry Abaddon more than support (I don't - statistical analysis pulls from all skill brackets and I'm heartlessly not concerned with the 99%) it doesn't change the fact that his win rate is higher with carry items than it is with support items, just browsing dotabuff's stats on him. I don't know what your point is by saying that sheepstick is rarely purchased on him, most support Abaddons never get past mekanism so of course you won't see much else. Half the ones that do will transition into building "carry" items like AC as Necrolyte would.

Deleted
    his win rate is higher with carry items than it is with support items
    Well, yeah... carry items always have higher winrates than support items. Take crystal maiden. Winrate with Mekansm = 68%. Winrate with Daedalus = 79%. Abaddon: Winrate with mekansm = 64%. Winrate with Daedalus = 81%. Same pattern for every hero... Lich: Mek = 62% WR, Daedalus = 76%. Naga: Mek = 63% Daedalus = 77%. Doom: Winrate with mek = 53%, Daedalus = 76%. If you're wondering why I chose daedalus, it's because it's pretty much the only item that is good on every single carry.