Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Is everything in this novel considered cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Is everything in this novel considered cannon?
    its been considered cannon since bc came out. we just dont know what happened to it.

its meant to explain why the hell kael'thas went from being a good guy to muahahahha i is evil villain
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Your opinion isn't exactly valid either.

Oh but it does.
    Oh, but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I think it's an early release; the English version doesn't even have a date yet AFAIK. Shame, since this sounds like a solid buy.

Eh, I don't think it's that explicit, but maybe. I feel like it would've been touched upon by now if they wanted to go anywhere with it.

Yeah, who knows. Aethas could be barely older than Valeera I suppose.

The Anasterian part makes me sad. That guy was a boss.
    "Ladrin's mentor and the one who raised her, Highpriest Vandellor, wouldn't mind her hooking up with Lor'themar and his friend, Grandmaster Belo'vir tells him to stop trying to get her to date just because he never had any interest in doing so himself. Liadrin thinks that they act like an old married couple, that never fails to make her laugh. "

this part confuses me

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is a future book that is linked to next expansion or just trying to the Blood Elves more story is still good aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    So this is a future book that is linked to next expansion or just trying to the Blood Elves more story is still good aswell.
    no its a book written in bc they never got around to finishing/releasing and are releasing it now.

so think of it as a really really REALLY late tie in to bc
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    "Ladrin's mentor and the one who raised her, Highpriest Vandellor, wouldn't mind her hooking up with Lor'themar and his friend, Grandmaster Belo'vir tells him to stop trying to get her to date just because he never had any interest in doing so himself. Liadrin thinks that they act like an old married couple, that never fails to make her laugh. "

this part confuses me
    Liadrin thinks Vandellor and Belo'vir act like an old married couple. One wants her to date Lor'themar, the other says to quit messing with her (Liadrin).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    It doesn't matter. Blood Elves have way too much lore compared to the other races.
    Hey guess what gnomes are boring!

Just kidding.. no not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent, more blood elven propaganda ...

You could say that in the time that these events elapsed, all they were still uncorrupted High Elves, however we must not judge them by past events, but by the acts that they eventually performed.

In the end all of them became blood elf traitors ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Anasterian was the best king!!!!
    Of course, Anasterian Sunstrider was the best leader that the High Elves ever had, a leader loyal to their allies, a hero of the Alliance.

Let us pay a tribute to Anasterian, the last true King of the Quel'dorei, Glory to the Alliance! Alleria will continue his legacy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its been considered cannon since bc came out. we just dont know what happened to it.

its meant to explain why the hell kael'thas went from being a good guy to muahahahha i is evil villain
    It actually focus more on Liadrin then Kael'thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like.

They're certainly piling on the Blood Elf lore atm which is nice. I'll admit it's stuff like this that's irking me to play my Horde characters more than my Alliance toons atm. I loved Blood Elves before, but MoP's really put them in a league of their own atm.

I wonder how much the novella will cost. It certainly seems like a must buy at least atm.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-23 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    more of a book that should have been released several expansions ago to tie up the loose ends with how blood knights came to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Of course, Anasterian Sunstrider was the best leader that the High Elves ever had, a leader loyal to their allies, a hero of the Alliance.
    Are you serious? I really can't tell with you. >.<

As with most elf-related lore, I think it would do you some good to actually read up on what you're talking about.

Let us pay a tribute to Anasterian, the last true King of the Quel'dorei, Glory to the Alliance! Alleria will continue his legacy ...
    Yes let Alleria continue his legacy, looking down on humans, treating them with disdain and leaving the alliance for good, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be a little OTT in saying this but I've got to say that Blood Elves are the best written race.

As a race they've remained consistent since they became Blood Elves and have continued to maintain a sense of grey story telling.
    They haven't had much development in WoW until now but they've gotten a lot of it, and I don't have any complaints about any of it really. Lor'themar has gone from being "Who?" to one of the star characters of this expansion.
    They've had a diversity in characters that have represented the pro's and con's of what they represent as characters or as class (Mages, Rangers and Blood Knights etc) without ever going ott to the detriment of that character.

All of this while as a race maintained an individuality and identity that's unique to them.

Kael's fall seems to be the only hic up in terms of consistency although this may be properly explained in the novella, which I seem to recall was one of it's aims.

I'm a little jealous.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-23 at 12:15 PM.

You could say that in the time that these events elapsed, all they were still uncorrupted High Elves, however we must not judge them by past events, but by the acts that they eventually performed.

um... what? you mean the same king who thought that quel'thalas was invincible and told the alliance to to go f themselves because it wasnt their problem until the amani joined the orcs and burned down their forests?

10+ Year Old Account

You know at this point I'm an advocate of a full blown High Elf genocide with Alleria getting stabbed multiple times simply to put an end to your posts.

Is this story unique to the short stories collection being released or is there another place to read it? i am genuinely interested in reading this story.

Deleted

King Anasterian Sunstrider, the one that said "Screw you, Alliance!" after the Second War? You really need to rework all your fanwank vision of the story, it's not working for you anymore.

omg I knew it. High elves playable next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    omg I knew it. High elves playable next expansion!
    how so? There was no implication. If you think it's because of the new lore, then well... This was meant to be released in Burning crusade, but was severely delayed for publishing reasons. So, sorry for dashing your hopes there.
    Last edited by eillas; 2013-08-23 at 12:26 PM.