Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Kor'kon are duty-bound, they follow the warchief whomever he is. They are like drones, they do not question his words, they just obey. So whomever the next warchief will be, they will obey.

Deleted
    OP, there are three mistakes in your post.

First of all, the Kor'kron in vanilla was indeed Orc only and served as the elite guards of Thrall. Later their numbers seemed to rise, included other races as well and were assigned multiple tasks. So you see, they aren't an Orc only organization as you say they are. Perhaps the elite guards of the Warchief are though.

Second, you seem to blame Garrosh for the lock down of Undercity while it was in fact Thrall that ordered it.

Third, the Kor'kron didn't betray the rest of the Horde, the rest of the Horde betrayed the Orcs. Garrosh had a problem with Vol'jin, since he was an insubordinate. The Darkspear helped their leader and thus were also put under watch. However, outside of that it is Lor'themar and Baine that choose to start a war with the Orcs, not the other way around. So you see, it's the rebels that betray the Orcs, not the other way around.

For the record, seems like many people like to bring up WWII when comparing this situation, but it was France and the UK that declared war on Germany and not the other way around as many seem to believe.

Anyway, why does the Horde need a new elite? I think the Kor'kron functioned just fine under Thrall. They are simply 100% loyal to their Warchief, so whatever order they're given they follow it. They don't care if it's Thrall or Garrosh that gives the order, whoever the Warchief is they will listen to. There is no need to get rid of the faction. I think Saurfang retaking control would be the most fitting, and they should remain the Orcs' as well as the Warchief's elite soldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Did the Praetorian guard cease to exist after Caligula? or Nero? Nope

They will survive MoP and will have to be reorganised but the name will still stand imo

They are a tool of the Warchief Proud and Loyal and will do what ever the Warchief says thats there job.

If the Warchief says you will give out fluffy bunnies to orphans on childrens week the Kor'Kron will do it.

If the Warchief says liquidized some rebel trolls the Kor'Kron will do it.
    Yeah, exactly. No need to blame them for the orders they were given.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I really hope you are wrong.
    Me too, but we have to remember that this expansion is being written by alliance developers. I doubt they will go any deeper than "he dies".

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kor'kron were multiracial (albeit still orc-heavy) before Garrosh evidently kicked the other races out of it. Back in Wrath we saw all sorts of Kor'kron.

I don't think they need to become defunct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The Kor'kron were multiracial (albeit still orc-heavy) before Garrosh evidently kicked the other races out of it. Back in Wrath we saw all sorts of Kor'kron.

I don't think they need to become defunct.
    Im sure i saw forsaken Kor'kron in ICC just before the gunship battle as well as other races.

Bottom line is the Kor'Kron is a special forces unit of highly trained bodyguards and will be so again after garrosh death

Deleted
    They could do with a re-brand I suppose as they've been up to all kinds of naughtiness. If there's any left, I'd imagine the Kor'kron would be very short on numbers after the massacre that's coming.