Page 1 of 2
LastLast

OQueue randomly adding people to my friend list?

I've just started using OQueue today and for some reason it keeps adding random people to my friend list.

Why is it doing this and how can I stop it?

I dont personally use it but the way my friend explained it to me is that when you que for something, it needs to grab other players from different realms. The only possible way to do that at the moment is through battle tag.
    Bane

Deleted
    The addon has this nice button to remove friends added by OQ. Hit it when done with the addon, you'll get new friends everytime you use it.
    If you find decent folk you want to hang on to, add them manually.

Their's also an option to 'go dark' and remove all oqueue friends. Look in the settings or config or something for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

But i'm not actually queuing for anything. It's just doing it randomly and completely by itself.

I mean I'm literally just sitting in Orgrimmar etc and suddenly 5 people get added to my friendlist out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    But i'm not actually queuing for anything. It's just doing it randomly and completely by itself.

I mean I'm literally just sitting in Orgrimmar etc and suddenly 5 people get added to my friendlist out of nowhere.
    mines doing the same, yesterday i logged on with 3 new friends who were not there the night before! i don't get the option to accept / refuse the request, they just get added.
    dragonmaw - EU

It is possibly related to an online check, where one addon I had would add players to check if they were online or not.
    You get a different message when trying to add an opposing faction player to the friends list, depending on if they were online or not at the time.

Deleted
    was doing the same to me on my lowbie alt. ended up removing the addon.
    its an interesting addon but there is way too much going on with it for my personal liking. if it was in library's then I would probably look at it again, however in another thread the author was less than responsive to people's feedback.

Check if you have Submit battletag option checked in options , also i think there was pull battletag button somewhere in there press that also , and I THINK u wont get people randomly added anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    oQueue implements a mesh network to spread the premade information you see on the find premade tab. the information is passed between realms via bnet.

the lower right shows your connection to the mesh (ie: 10-4). in the example, this would mean 10 people on your realm and 4 people on your friends list are using oQueue. it's through these people you receive the premade information

if you 'go dark', you are shutting off the information flow to those dependent on you (ie: the dead realms)

Its how oqueue passes information about premades and what group are you looking for, i think its the only possible way for addons to communicate, im not sure. It auto deletes and replaces people, unless u manually add them. Its battletag anyway not realid, battletag is the thing u give out to strangers, dunno why people are alarmed having randies on battletag, its not facebook, it wont give out personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    if you 'go dark', you are shutting off the information flow to those dependent on you (ie: the dead realms)
    Even when set to "go dark" it's still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Its battletag anyway not realid, battletag is the thing u give out to strangers, dunno why people are alarmed having randies on battletag, its not facebook, it wont give out personal info.
    Because it's annoying and intrusive.

If I remember well, every battletag added by oqueue is also automatically removed by it afterwards. Except if you disable the addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Click remove btag in the setup window

And why does it keep playing random cheer sounds and doing /hail all the time This is extremely annoying, how do I stop it?

edit> Never mind, I just edited the addon a little to remove that thing.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-23 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    And why does it keep playing random cheer sounds and doing /hail all the time This is extremely annoying, how do I stop it?

edit> Never mind, I just edited the addon a little to remove that thing.
    It does that when it's outdated.

I ended up removing the addon. It's useless for older 5.0 raids because all you get are lfr heroes doing 60k dps and standing in shit, and if you want to do RBGs, all you get are 1200-1500 scrubs. Not to mention plenty of them are complete asshats. I'd rather pug from my own server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It does that when it's outdated.

I ended up removing the addon. It's useless for older 5.0 raids because all you get are lfr heroes doing 60k dps and standing in shit, and if you want to do RBGs, all you get are 1200-1500 scrubs. Not to mention plenty of them are complete asshats. I'd rather pug from my own server.
    Most PVP players are dickheads. You learn to co-exist if you want to make it to higher ranks.

The the OP there's an option to remove yourself from the mesh and all friends that were added. I do this when I'm done otherwise when it's disabled I get friend spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    another bug i found, if you have someone on your friends list with OQ on, and you don't you get your chat spammed with loads of non-sense. this has happened with a few different people ive tried it with. anyone else had this?
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    another bug i found, if you have someone on your friends list with OQ on, and you don't you get your chat spammed with loads of non-sense. this has happened with a few different people ive tried it with. anyone else had this?
    oQueue uses a mesh network to communicate premade and other information across the realms. That 'spam' you see are the oQueue messages. In order to send those messages to other oQueue users, oQueue scans the broadcast text of everyone in the friends list looking for '(OQ)' in the beginning of the text. If your broadcast text begins with '(OQ)' ... you receive the messages from your oQueue enabled friends.

If you turn off your oQueue and set your broadcast text to '(OQ)'... you will see those messages. This is working as intended, any 'error' is on the part of the user.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    oQueue uses a mesh network to communicate premade and other information across the realms. That 'spam' you see are the oQueue messages. In order to send those messages to other oQueue users, oQueue scans the broadcast text of everyone in the friends list looking for '(OQ)' in the beginning of the text. If your broadcast text begins with '(OQ)' ... you receive the messages from your oQueue enabled friends.

If you turn off your oQueue and set your broadcast text to '(OQ)'... you will see those messages. This is working as intended, any 'error' is on the part of the user.
    Just to add to Tiny's post in order to state the unstated obvious, since I get asked this all the time -

If you want to disable or uninstall oQueue you have to make sure you delete [OQ] from your battle.net broadcast message in addition to disabling or uninstalling the mod.

As a side note to Tiny, it does make it a bit difficult on alts I do not wish to use oQueue on, as the best option is just to enable it since it's such a pain in the neck to fight through all the spam you get before you can delete the broadcast. I'm not sure there's a way to do this automatically, though, if the addon is not present. Maybe a separate addon called "No oQueue" that you can install alongside oQueue, and if it detects that oQueue is not currently enabled, it automatically erases your battle.net broadcast message for you?