Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about...
    I can't help but feel that when Blizzard says stuff like this, they're just trying to appeal to the fans who just cannot get over Orcs vs Humans (the ones that say it can't be Warcraft unless the Alliance and Horde are fighting each other, like somehow fighting the Scourge and the Burning Legion is not a war).

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
    World of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

None of these were about the Alliance and Horde fighting each other. Sure, it happened, but it was not what they were about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about...
    I can't help but feel that when Blizzard says stuff like this, they're just trying to appeal to the fans who just cannot get over Orcs vs Humans (the ones that say it can't be Warcraft unless the Alliance and Horde are fighting each other, like somehow fighting the Scourge and the Burning Legion is not a war).

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
    World of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

None of these were about the Alliance and Horde fighting each other. Sure, it happened, but it was not what they were about.
    Agree, it's annoying.

Frankly I think it's just an excuse because Metzen and co lack the ability to create an interesting story for more than a couple characters at once

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Wait so Thrall needs the approval of the rest of the horde before deciding the leader of the Orcs? Like how the Tauren asked everyone else before appointing Baine? Do you know why he's the WARCHIEF? Because he's the strongest of all the Horde clans. And I don't have a problem with "we don't like garrosh so we gonna waste him." I have a problem with a weaker, minority faction of the Horde holding power as a Warchief. The Orcs are the strongest, don't think otherwise.

Btw, my favorite race was the Undead and Human in WC3, and a night elf warrior in WoW so don't think I'm some dumbass Orc fanboy.
    The orcs have yet to have anyone actually challenge them recently, because of plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The orcs have yet to have anyone actually challenge them recently, because of plot armor.
    Also because of regular armor. And the warchief rules because he's the strongest. Man, after they introduced Blood Elves, the Horde has been filling up with people who want to have tea and discuss shit in flower fields. I called this back then too.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's such a shame if they don't move on past this ridiculous Orcs and Humans focus on things and just move on to being Horde against Alliance vs the big nasties. The Horde isn't just "orcs" anymore. Just as the Alliance isn't about "humans" anymore.
    Oh they've long moved past it. Him saying that amounts to nothing but nostalgic fan service. It hasn't been about Orcs vs Humans since WC3.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Oh they've long moved past it. Him saying that amounts to nothing but nostalgic fan service. It hasn't been about Orcs vs Humans since WC3.
    Tell me more about how important the dwarves and gnomes are to the Alliance storyline. And how important the worgen are, king standing next to varian n shit. Oh and the draenai seem incredibly important in the Horde/Alliance conflict. The only thing that's fanservice is that small bit with the Night Elves in pandaria...a land where their storyline couldve come out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also because of regular armor. And the warchief rules because he's the strongest. Man, after they introduced Blood Elves, the Horde has been filling up with people who want to have tea and discuss shit in flower fields. I called this back then too.
    The orcs have not done anything they did not lean on their partner races for. This isn't a thread talking about the raw strength of a class, but a lot of the orcs' engineering and infrastructure was created by goblins and ogres. Not sure where the orcs would be without Ogre influence, actually.

I think that each of the Horde races, given the opportunity, could subjugate the other. And that is part of the point of this expansion and raid. The orcs are NOT infallible and the "strongest" (debatable) warchief yet has been able to be taken down by the mobilized efforts of the Horde and even the Alliance.

If Varian were the one to pick the new leader and its someone we wont be suspecting the only "horde" he would probably trust would be Valeera Sanguinar. Or Baine Bloodhoof if he asks his son for advice on who would be good.
    Don't really think that its going to happen but would be cool to have a hot female leader of the horde.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2013-08-23 at 08:25 PM.

The orcs have not done anything they did not lean on their partner races for. This isn't a thread talking about the raw strength of a class, but a lot of the orcs' engineering and infrastructure was created by goblins and ogres. Not sure where the orcs would be without Ogre influence, actually.

I think that each of the Horde races, given the opportunity, could subjugate the other. And that is part of the point of this expansion and raid. The orcs are NOT infallible and the "strongest" (debatable) warchief yet has been able to be taken down by the mobilized efforts of the Horde and even the Alliance.
    Okay? So what? You built my blimps, so now I'm going to include you in my executive decisions? The gnomes are asked when Varian decides wtf to do? And no, the Blood Elves will never be able to subdue the orcs and joined with them just because the alliance scumbagged them, the Tauren do not have it in their blood to subdue the orcs because they are not a warmongering race, the Undead cannot subdue the orcs because the Humans will crush their lands if they try and in fact, need the orcs more than the orcs need them, the trolls are a super small faction of Darkspears when compared to the massive troll race and the goblins were always the neutral race helping whoever gave them more money.

As you can see, clearly the orcs are leaned on more than any other race with the possible exception of the Tauren. You must've never played WC3. And this expansion only proved that the Horde is not as unified as people thought with the exit of Thrall and that's that. Thrall respectfully and semiforcefully earned his position of Warchief, while Garrosh didn't. It didn't prove they could subdue the orcs. In fact, this is a small faction of orcs AND they needed Alliance help to raid Ogrimarr. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Sadly that is Metzen, and you are correct. Frankly i've stopped giving him the time of day however; even his voice acting is grating on me. There are more than two races in WoW; it's about time he recognized this, or leaves his station so that someone else who recognizes this fact can take his place.
    got to love how you tried to dismiss him saying what he said to begin with, and yet when its shown to you how it was actually said, your response is 'bah, I don't like him anyway'.

I've never known a more ungrateful group of whiners then people in the wow community, since what you are actually whining against is the person who GAVE YOU THIS GAME TO BEGIN WITH. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
    #boycottchina

Tell me more about how important the dwarves and gnomes are to the Alliance storyline. And how important the worgen are, king standing next to varian n shit. Oh and the draenai seem incredibly important in the Horde/Alliance conflict. The only thing that's fanservice is that small bit with the Night Elves in pandaria...a land where their storyline couldve come out.
    The whole fact that Tyrande or Malfurion could have interacted with Pandaren or even met Shaohao during their lifetime before the Sundering, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, the potential of the NE connection with the Pandaren (there's even the eastern feel to NE architecture) was yet another wasted opportunity.

So the closing cinematic about the raid where the Horde rebellion overthrows their corrupt Warchief after their previous Warchief confronts him will be about the Horde having a new Warchief.

But the Alliance get to raid the enemy capital, so it's totally for the Alliance!

Yeeeeaaaaah, I don't think I've ever felt like this since I started WoW, but.......A Realm Reborn starts next week! WOOHOO!

Things are still a bit Human dominated on the Alliance side, but on the Horde side the leader of the revolution is a Troll (with Thrall playing a secondary, if important, role) and Lor'themar ended up taking centerstage for half the MoP patched content for the Horde.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    got to love how you tried to dismiss him saying what he said to begin with, and yet when its shown to you how it was actually said, your response is 'bah, I don't like him anyway'.

I've never known a more ungrateful group of whiners then people in the wow community, since what you are actually whining against is the person who GAVE YOU THIS GAME TO BEGIN WITH. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
    So, um....just out of curiosity, we should be lapping up Star Wars: Episodes 1-3 as the greatest films we could have hoped for since Lucas gave us Star Wars in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Things are still a bit Human dominated on the Alliance side, but on the Horde side the leader of the revolution is a Troll (with Thrall playing a secondary, if important, role) and Lor'themar ended up taking centerstage for half the MoP patched content for the Horde.
    Alright...? So having the Orcs serve as a final raid encounter against the combined races of all the remaining Horde AS WELL as the Alliance doesn't put them at the centerlight? Am I on crazy pills here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If Varian were the one to pick the new leader and its someone we wont be suspecting the only "horde" he would probably trust would be Valeera Sanguinar. Or Baine Bloodhoof if he asks his son for advice on who would be good.
    Don't really think that its going to happen but would be cool to have a hot female leader of the horde.
    Once again, Varian will have no say on who the Horde's leader will be.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    None of the Orcs would accept it. The only thing stopping the different clans from fighting among eachother is having a Warchief that rules over all and can keep them in check. They won't listen to an Orc leader who is not the Warchief. Nor would they listen to a Warchief that is not an Orc.
    They could choose a capable leader for the orcs but choosing another leader to lead the horde as a whole. For example saurfang as warchief but Vol'jin as leader of the horde.
    Or just make a council.

According to the lore, it takes the might of the Alliance combined with all of the Horde to bring down Garrosh's horde.

I'd say he's pretty strong, and that that shows how strong Orcs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So, um....just out of curiosity, we should be lapping up Star Wars: Episodes 1-3 as the greatest films we could have hoped for since Lucas gave us Star Wars in the first place?
    His point is that you can't deny the lore presented in Star Wars Episodes 1-3 since Lucas gave you Star Wars. When that said lore was presented to you, you can't be like "oh i didnt like the moveis so I will deny the intention of the creator"

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The whole fact that Tyrande or Malfurion could have interacted with Pandaren or even met Shaohao during their lifetime before the Sundering, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, the potential of the NE connection with the Pandaren (there's even the eastern feel to NE architecture) was yet another wasted opportunity.
    This sounds more like typical NE fanfic thought. Even if the War of the Ancients trilogy wasn't how history actually played out you'd still have to make a huge number of leaps for night elves, much less named ones like Malfurion and Tyrande, to run on over to Pandaria and interact with people there 'just because'.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you actually understand the implications of my comment. The conflict between Orcs and Humans hasn't been the driving factor for ANYTHING that has gone on inside of warcraft other than quest hubs, scenarios, and possibly on a technicality this whole expansion...

For all the talk of that's what Warcraft is about, it sure seems like it's several races from both factions constantly having to 'save the universe' from the big bad. Mists was the first expansion where that took a side seat to the actual conflict and in the end it leads up to Alliance and Horde working together again.

To even think that this has been about Orcs vs. Humans after WC3 is naive at best, completely ignorant at worst.

Edit:

We've been too busy saving World Trees, Dealing with extraterrestrial demons, and generally all sorts of stuff that could blow up creation (sunwells, lich kings, deathwings, etcs)

Like people do remember that WC3 had those campaigns for all the races right? The story was certainly more than orcs vs humans.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-08-23 at 08:31 PM.
    BAD WOLF