Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Call it engineer and I'm fine with it. Call it some stupid name like Tinker, even in spec, and I can't help cringing.
    There's technician, artificer. Mechanic, machinist, inventor, Gyromancer, and Mekgineer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So your case is that THEY WERE MENTIONED!!! THEY'RE HAPPENING!!! I recall they mentioned DHs too, in a similar inconformatory tone, doesn't that invalidate your case against DHs?
    No. My case is that they're mentioned and there's plenty of evidence to indicate they are the next WoW class. In the case of DHs, the evidence works against them.

It's a little on the redundant side, and while I would like to see a class like a tinker over the Demon Hunter (That one got stripped for parts for so many other classes), it will be a hard sell. The idea being the tinker is already in the game with Engineering, but they might be able to figure something out if they did decide to do it.

As for saying it's too whimsical, this is warcraft we are talking about. It's pretty damn whimsical at times as it is. It was never a series that took itself too seriously and even makes fun of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    It's a little on the redundant side, and while I would like to see a class like a tinker over the Demon Hunter (That one got stripped for parts for so many other classes), it will be a hard sell. The idea being the tinker is already in the game with Engineering, but they might be able to figure something out if they did decide to do it.

As for saying it's too whimsical, this is warcraft we are talking about. It's pretty damn whimsical at times as it is. It was never a series that took itself too seriously and even makes fun of itself.
    Wrath of the Lich King took itself pretty seriously, collect-acorns-from-your-own-shit quest aside.

...and there's nothing wrong with selling an engineer class, as long as one of its specs is based on ranged explosives, like a Dwarven Demolition Team from Warcraft 3, people will be all over throwing explosives barrels and blowing shit up.

Just don't name it "tinker" or "tinkerer" or whatever. ARGH just puked on my keyboard again.

Why are you sighing, of course they aren't going to tell you "yeah the tinker class is totally real" or "no it's fake", they need the mystery to advertise their expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Just stop talking before you embarrass yourself for a lack of knowledge on ANYTHING Mistweaver-related. Oh wait...too late.
    I didnt say they can't do it, I said that ranged healing is far more efficient than melee healing, in comparison melee healing sucks to ranged. ALso take in note that mana tea will give less mana back and they are making spirit more important than intellect and you have a major gap between melee healing and ranged healing.

The least of which anyone can take from GC is that Tinkerer has not been in development for next expansion and tinkerbells need to come to grips with the reality of it.

Teriz are you happy knowing you started possibly the biggest shitstorm in mmoc history

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The least of which anyone can take from GC is that Tinkerer has not been in development for next expansion and tinkerbells need to come to grips with the reality of it.
    This. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Teriz are you happy knowing you started possibly the biggest shitstorm in mmoc history

- - - Updated - - -

This. /10chars
    Oh I see now, I thought this was a discussion forum, it's just some weird Demon Hunter team vs Tinker team battle I walked into. Similar to the Mario vs Sonic battles of the 90's.

Please, Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Oh I see now, I thought this was a discussion forum, it's just some weird Demon Hunter team vs Tinker team battle I walked into. Similar to the Mario vs Sonic battles of the 90's.

Please, Carry on.
    I wonder why did it come down to Demon Hunter vs Tinker? All these threads of late present it as if these are the only two possible candidates for the next new class. It's more than likely that the next new class will be neither DH, nor Tinker (and I really hope so).

I guess it's just a couple of active people that really want to force Tinkers upon the community and chose DH as the most popular class as an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I wonder why did it come down to Demon Hunter vs Tinker? All these threads of late present it as if these are the only two possible candidates for the next new class. It's more than likely that the next new class will be neither DH, nor Tinker (and I really hope so).

I guess it's just a couple of active people that really want to force Tinkers upon the community and chose DH as the most popular class as an opponent.
    Yeah its teriz forcing tinkers down everyones throat in every thread. Team tinkerbell vs team demon hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post

Please, Carry on.
    Well, everyone thought demon hunters had a chance because of a possible burning legion expansion. And all of the demon hunter fans were excited at the possibility of the class being added. And then the one guy came in like "nope tinkers are gonna be the next class" and essentially any opposing points were brushed off, ignored, or called wrong with no really good arguments as to why.

There were only a couple good arguments to no demon hunter, which werent game breaking.

But a ton of good arguments against tinkers, where the tinkerbells would essentially make fun of the people who came up with good points instead of retaliating them.
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-08-23 at 10:44 PM.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Yeah its teriz forcing tinkers down everyones throat in every thread. Team tinkerbell vs team demon hunter
    I see. Well, after hearing about Tinkers so much I only wish it won't be them. Demon Hunter? Ok. Battle Mage, Dark Ranger? Yeah, fine! As long as it's not Tinker and it has a dps caster spec - I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I see. Well, after hearing about Tinkers so much I only wish it won't be them. Demon Hunter? Ok. Battle Mage, Dark Ranger? Yeah, fine! As long as it's not Tinker and it has a dps caster spec - I'm in.
    Shhhh. You cant have free will in these kinds of threads or they come after you. It reminds me of the new movie with shaun of the dead and the robots attacking.

Shhhh. You cant have free will in these kinds of threads or they come after you. It reminds me of the new movie with shaun of the dead and the robots attacking.
    You can think whatever you want, you can hope for whatever you want - someone shooting down your idea isn't a repression of free will.

Logic tells us they won't add a class that has significant overlap with existing classes. Monks and Deathknights both had basically no overlap with existing classes, therefore offering something completely new to the game.

90% of the suggestions in these threads have significant overlap with multiple classes. Logic tells us they won't be implemented. They add nothing new to the game.

Battle Mage, Dark Ranger? They obviously overlap with existing classes. Sea Witch, Demon Hunter, Mesmer, Shadow Hunters, etc. All these things I've been seeing, these all overlap with multiple classes. Significantly.

If someone came into these threads with a fresh idea for a class that doesn't overlap with the existing classes it wouldn't be a tinker thread, but alas - no one has.

And before someone comes in here and says Lasher, a woman whipping people is not a viable class option.
    Last edited by Pebble; 2013-08-24 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Logic tells us they won't add a class that has significant overlap with existing classes. Monks and Deathknights both had basically no overlap with existing classes, therefore offering something completely new to the game.
    Monks are rogues that use Holy Power. They took a Rogue template and put the Ret rotation on them then spiced it up to be very unique.

The same can easily be done to a Rogue/Hunter to give us another bow/dagger user we really need at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Monks are rogues that use Holy Power. They took a Rogue template and put the Ret rotation on them then spiced it up to be very unique.

The same can easily be done to a Rogue/Hunter to give us another bow/dagger user we really need at this point.
    Monks are unarmed fights that focus on using martial arts, powerful brews, and the aid of celestial beings. That is nothing like a rogue or ret paladin. The fact that they have energy and wear leather does not make them a rogue. The fact that they have a resource system does not make them ret paladins.

Was there previously an unarmed fighter in the game that I'm unaware of?

If someone came into these threads with a fresh idea for a class that doesn't overlap with the existing classes it wouldn't be a tinker thread, but alas - no one has.
    Cheerleader class!!!

Monks are unarmed fights that focus on using martial arts, powerful brews, and the aid of celestial beings. That is nothing like a rogue or ret paladin. The fact that they have energy and wear leather does not make them a rogue. The fact that they have a resource system does not make them ret paladins.
    You can write something similar of every new class:
    Demon Hunter: Warglaived fighters that use demon steroids to fight the same demons that they had inside. The fact that they use demons or have the same resource doesn't make them a warlock (summoner/ranged dps).
    Wardens: Assassins that use vengeance and magic-summoning in melee to avenge their people with circular-blades. The fact that they use magic skills doesn't make them a mage, and the fact that they use poisons, doesn't make them a rogue.
    Tinkerer: a technology-user that throws rockets and summon robots to fight enemys. The fact that they seems to use some engineering trinkets doesn't make them like an engineers.
    etc etc...

If you want to create a new class, just try to use the same mechanics of monks/DKs. Doesn't matter if your class overlapp another, just make their core-mechanics different, give them something really cool and you are done.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-08-24 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel GC's comment could indeed fit within the "Oh, don't worry, if we were to do anything Pandaren related, it'd probably just be a book or something" vein of responses.

I don't see why Tinkers are too "whimsical;" they've been in Warcraft for quite a long time. The only issue I could really see is that they'd basically "take over" the theme of an entire profession.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Cheerleader class!!!
    I know you're mostly joking, but that would probably manifest itself in WoW as a Bard, which while I don't personally think they fit into WoW's grand theme, is an open theme within the existing classes we have.

The question, of course, becomes why? Why a bard? Why now? We've never seen anything like that in game or lore (outside of the April Fools joke), and "The Dark Below" doesn't exactly imply Bard.
    Last edited by Pebble; 2013-08-24 at 12:34 AM.

The question, of course, becomes why? Why a bard? Why now? We've never seen anything like that in game or lore (outside of the April Fools joke), and "The Dark Below" doesn't exactly imply Bard.
    Have hope!!!
    Tinkerers started in WC3 for an April's fool. Some fan-forums here, some concepts there, and voilà! A Wild Tinkerer appeared in Tavern!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Cheerleader class!!!

You can write something similar of every new class:
    Demon Hunter: Warglaived fighters that use demon steroids to fight the same demons that they had inside. The fact that they use demons or have the same resource doesn't make them a warlock (summoner/ranged dps).
    Wardens: Assassins that use vengeance and magic-summoning in melee to avenge their people with circular-blades. The fact that they use magic skills doesn't make them a mage, and the fact that they use poisons, doesn't make them a rogue.
    Tinkerer: a technology-user that throws rockets and summon robots to fight enemys. The fact that they seems to use some engineering trinkets doesn't make them like an engineers.
    etc etc...

If you want to create a new class, just try to use the same mechanics of monks/DKs. Doesn't matter if your class overlapp another, just make their core-mechanics different, give them something really cool and you are done.
    Except you really can't. They don't have to be the same to share a common theme. No two classes in WoW at the moment overlap in theme.

Demon hunters, no matter how you twist it, at the end of the day overlap with warlocks, warriors, hunters, and of course rogues.

Warden, no matter how you twist it, at the end of the day overlap with monks, rogues, paladins/priests, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

They aren't the same, but they're similar enough - you won't see it in WoW.
    Last edited by Pebble; 2013-08-24 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    You're dense. It was their polite way of saying "what a stupid fucking idea"
    It's a shame there is no like button on these forums.