Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    why dont you play online campaign with him while he's in Manchester?
    Well, he's not strictly a gamer in the sense that people like you and me are, he enjoys strategy but he never goes out of his way to buy a gaming rig and doesn't have time for it. But we do so love to sit down with a beer and take over europe :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Auxilia were far better than Eastern Infantry. Eastern Infantry was literally USELESS, Auxilia could hold it's own against any other lowest tier unit. Eastern Infantry was no good against cavalry (even if it was attacking from the front), no good against archers, no good against other infantry. I remember only ever using this unit (and always only a single unit) if I wanted to siege a city, which couldn't be done if the army consisted only of cavalry. Or maybe you couldn't storm a city without infantry. I can't quite remember.
    They beat light cavalry and are pretty good against heavier cavalry in big mobs. In fights with infantry they're useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    They beat light cavalry and are pretty good against heavier cavalry in big mobs. In fights with infantry they're useless.
    They were especially useless against even basic pike units. I'm pretty sure I had some Levy Pikemen fall over dead, not from enemy damage, but exhaustion in one very one-sided defensive battle against a massive Parthian army.

That's a joke, but goddamn the Eastern Infantry weren't going anywhere, and it's hilarious to watch chariots try and charge a gap in the wall protected by a pike unit.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-War-Ro...ildsplaycha-20

rome 2 is £25 for physical copy! pretty good deal!
    dragonmaw - EU

Ok, just for giggles, what was the funniest thing you've ever gotten the AI to do in a Total War game?

Me? I got the Roman Senate to declare all 3 Roman factions traitors once. I'm still not entirely sure how. That was an interesting 4-way back and forth around Rome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Ok, just for giggles, what was the funniest thing you've ever gotten the AI to do in a Total War game?

Me? I got the Roman Senate to declare all 3 Roman factions traitors once. I'm still not entirely sure how. That was an interesting 4-way back and forth around Rome.
    This happened to me too, I have no idea how I did it or even if it was me that was responsible, but it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    This happened to me too, I have no idea how I did it or even if it was me that was responsible, but it was hilarious.
    I like to think that there's some hidden "Senate paranoia" stat or something, and if you manage to drive it high enough before being outlawed, the Senate just starts raving "Traitors! Traitors, the lot of you! Rome will be pure!"

Deleted
    I like to think that there's some hidden "Senate paranoia" stat or something, and if you manage to drive it high enough before being outlawed, the Senate just starts raving "Traitors! Traitors, the lot of you! Rome will be pure!"
    Hahaha, it sure looked like that to me, not that the senate really has enough power to enforce anything. Every conflict I have had with them has been over in a matter of 2 or 3 turns, without their Brutii Scipii and Julii minions they are useless. It was kind of an anti climax in my Macedon campaign when I finally reached Rome after striving to conquer Scippi and Brutii, and Rome fell so ridiculously easy with the SPQR armies being squashed with no effort.

Deleted
    I really wish Rome didn't crash every fucking time I alt+tab.

This has nothing to do with Rome 2, I just need to complain.

I really wish Rome didn't crash every fucking time I alt+tab.

This has nothing to do with Rome 2, I just need to complain.
    Mine doesn't crash, but if I forget and try to tab back, my screen goes crazy and I get a black screen where all my other programs will "flash through" for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Gotta go Suebi first =)
    I'm having trouble deciding who to play first. One thing that would help is knowing if the Suebi have units like naked fanatics from the first or berserker's do we have any info on this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Sweet Celestia, I just can't wait. What am I going to do for the next 10 days?

HNGHHHHHHHHH...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    I'm having trouble deciding who to play first. One thing that would help is knowing if the Suebi have units like naked fanatics from the first or berserker's do we have any info on this yet?
    There will be berserkers, was confirmed in one of vids. Dunno about the naked fanatics, but if memory serves, they were restricted to Britania, not Germania. Perhaps they will be in the game as well, but I don't think we got any footage of Britania in Rome 2 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Sweet Celestia, I just can't wait. What am I going to do for the next 10 days?

HNGHHHHHHHHH...

- - - Updated - - -

There will be berserkers, was confirmed in one of vids. Dunno about the naked fanatics, but if memory serves, they were restricted to Britania, not Germania. Perhaps they will be in the game as well, but I don't think we got any footage of Britania in Rome 2 yet.

yeah i dont think we know much about specific units yet apart from the few videos, all we know is there will be more variety between the factions
    dragonmaw - EU

I always use them for protecting the flanks, they will stop and cav flanking and slow down any infantry flanking.

Edit: Talking about Auxillia

- - - Updated - - -

Did it happen after you had declared war on the Senate? Everytime it happens to me its after I have attacked one of the other factions. I was actually able to get back in the good graces of the Senate while it was still at war with the other two. Had to kill like 6 of my leaders to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yeah i dont think we know much about specific units yet apart from the few videos, all we know is there will be more variety between the factions
    We really haven't even seen much of the roman army either.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Did it happen after you had declared war on the Senate? Everytime it happens to me its after I have attacked one of the other factions. I was actually able to get back in the good graces of the Senate while it was still at war with the other two. Had to kill like 6 of my leaders to do it.
    I honestly don't remember the exact chain of events anymore. I just remember, I got one of those missions with a threatening "reward," then I was asked to assassinate my leader, which I declined, declaring me outlaw. Then I think I resolved before engaging the other Roman factions, and the next turn we were all outlaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/totalwar/pla...al-war-rome-ii

not sure if anyones seen this yet, but i like this!

"Any playable barbarian tribe can, through diplomacy and conquest, create a confederation, essentially giving rise to a barbarian empire that can compete with the mighty powers of the Mediterranean. Likewise, technologically inferior factions can gain access to new units and tech by conquering settlements belonging to advanced powers. A barbarian tribe can start churning out triremes instead of their slow, oak beamed vessels if they manage to make their way down to the Mediterranean coast, for instance. "

thats pretty cool! saves the barbarian tribes from sucking late game against the more advanced factions!
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    1) from what I heard, all will be playable right away
    2) If you have the willpower to not play sparta, you are a better man than I am
    Brosef, a crazy berserking Suebi German would crush a Spartan one-vs-one. Shots fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Brosef, a crazy berserking Suebi German would crush a Spartan one-vs-one. Shots fired.
    A berserker would get a nasty case of spear to the throat before he even started swinging his axe. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good old Gamestar showing the good stuff again.

Plus some HoC

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.