Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No wonder PvP Is fkd up

"but maybe every class doesn't need an interrupt / disarm / silence."

Found it frontpage today..
    I srslry dont get Blizzards "balance this game" thinking, I mean logicly, nr 1 on the list must be making sure every class got pretty equal spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    sure , lets just replace every healer with priest , every melee with warrior and every caster with mage , just change spell color for different classes, i mean why bother since everyone will have same spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I srslry dont get Blizzards "balance this game" thinking, I mean logicly, nr 1 on the list must be making sure every class got pretty equal spells?
    that's actually partially the reason this game has gone to hell

you know what used to define the warrior class? it's expansive toolset. and now it has one of the smallest toolsets in the game. its like, why the fuck is disarm even in the game? it only effects 2 classes, barely effects a few others, and has little to no effect on the rest. it's most common use is on pve mobs which, based on all the mobs you might actually want to disarm, has an 80/20 chance of working and then, of course, Warriors.

Monks get a dodge buff from being disarmed even though they dont even use weapon skills, what the fuck lol

that is why this game is where it is, not because everyone doesn't have a hunter cc chain and a blanket silence

Deleted
    The only way to make pvp 100% balanced is if every spec got a dedicated pvp-spec with the same abilities to every class.
    Different names and graphic bla bla bla. If everything is the same then everyone would be at the same level and only
    skill would matter.

But... that would be fucking boring, right?

So the next best way to balance pvp would be to make every spell perform differently in pve and pvp.
    This would be the only solution but blizz have stated that they dont want to do this because it would
    make the game complicated for new players. Horrible argument imo.

Anyways... Discussing it here wont change anything but i guess it feels better to ventilate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've been PVP'ing 100% over PVE since Cata released. Plain and simple, PVP is about Flavor of the Month comps, and classes. But to be honest.. it's been that way since the beginning of PVP

I mean logicly, nr 1 on the list must be making sure every class got pretty equal spells?
    Uh, no? That's a really dumb idea, and "giving every class equal spells" goes against the idea of a class based PvP system.

Deleted
    From an arena standpoint thats a good idea- fixing your chars weakness with your teammates abilities and vice-versa.

One of the big things that messed up mop pvp was the fact that they tried to give everyone everything. Classes need to have strengths and weakness, mop gave a lot of classes a lot of new things without taking anything away. Its funny they talked about disarming the arms race in cata and in mop they built it more than ever before lol.

Found it frontpage today..
    You didn't figure out that when they said that battlegrounds are like ducks?

Deleted
    Hunters, pallies, priests, warlocks and druids(?) shouldn't have interrupts. The blanket parts for priest, locks and moonkin can stay for pvp mayhaps. Game needs to be adjusted to not be a necessity to have one for solo content.

Mortal Strike effect should ONLY be warriors having, and that a 50% effect. Damage and burst adjusted accordingly after that.

Only shamans and POSSIBLY moonkin druids should have the knockback, hunters with traps should not.

Weapon chains should be removed, and disarms should only come from warriors and rogues, possibly monks too.

Fears should only come from warlocks and priests.

Bigger stuns should only come from Rogues and pallies (not some DK bullshit).

Heroism should only come from shamans.

Only mages, druids and hunters(with spider pet webshot, not the talent together with disengage) should have roots.

Consistent heals/selfheals should only come from hybrid classes. I can live with stuff like Enraged regen, healthstone and glyphed Evocation.

Extra trinkets removed! Can't stress that enough. Exceptions could be blink, IBF, zerkerrage and freedom. I'm more in favour of abilities that can make you CC immune for a while without breaking it, such as fear ward or old tremor totem. They allow for higher skillcap. Bestial wrath making you stun immune for 10 seconds, but doesnt break a stun once you're already afflicted with it for example.

Game should be adjusted and fixed accordingly after that.

There's some examples of mine....
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2013-08-25 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Hunters, pallies, priests, warlocks and druids(?) shouldn't have interrupts.
    Interrupt is a must for melee as long as there are spammable CCs. Eating a fear to the face is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Interrupt is a must for melee as long as there are spammable CCs. Eating a fear to the face is not fun.
    basic interrupt is a must for everyone, however every one having an interrupt, a stun or two, along with a silence, disorient, or fear. Many being instant on top of it is extreme overkill

Deleted
    Every class just has the same tools these days. Its so stupid.

Complaining about lack of proper PvP balance in a game that was never designed with proper PvP in mind really makes me laugh. PvP in WoW is an afterthought, it was bolted on to what was originally intended to be primarily a PvE game, and even 10 years later, has never managed to properly be integrated with the rest of the game. Face it. PvP will never be "balanced" because it is pretty much impossible to balance PvP internally, in a game where it also has to mesh with the PvE gameplay and the devs didnt design the game with the intent of having both from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Complaining about lack of proper PvP balance in a game that was never designed with proper PvP in mind really makes me laugh. PvP in WoW is an afterthought, it was bolted on to what was originally intended to be primarily a PvE game, and even 10 years later, has never managed to properly be integrated with the rest of the game. Face it. PvP will never be "balanced" because it is pretty much impossible to balance PvP internally, in a game where it also has to mesh with the PvE gameplay and the devs didnt design the game with the intent of having both from the beginning.
    Was just about to write something like this. PvP was never the main thing in WoW, and unless they totally screw up just about everything about PvE and class differences, it will never be fully balanced. Honestly, it started going downhills when they first began to hand out CCs and interrupts and such to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving every class everything removes variety and thus increases homogeneity and thus reduces strategy required. It isn't fun.

On the one hand I think they regret the level of homogenisation we see in the game today.

On the other, I sure hope they don't follow through with that thought. Unless they plan to seriously change the way PVE encounters operate.

PVP, eh, that can be fixed in other ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Hunters, pallies, priests, warlocks and druids(?) shouldn't have interrupts. The blanket parts for priest, locks and moonkin can stay for pvp mayhaps. Game needs to be adjusted to not be a necessity to have one for solo content.

Mortal Strike effect should ONLY be warriors having, and that a 50% effect. Damage and burst adjusted accordingly after that.

Only shamans and POSSIBLY moonkin druids should have the knockback, hunters with traps should not.

Weapon chains should be removed, and disarms should only come from warriors and rogues, possibly monks too.

Fears should only come from warlocks and priests.

Bigger stuns should only come from Rogues and pallies (not some DK bullshit).

Heroism should only come from shamans.

Only mages, druids and hunters(with spider pet webshot, not the talent together with disengage) should have roots.

Consistent heals/selfheals should only come from hybrid classes. I can live with stuff like Enraged regen, healthstone and glyphed Evocation.

Extra trinkets removed! Can't stress that enough. Exceptions could be blink, IBF, zerkerrage and freedom. I'm more in favour of abilities that can make you CC immune for a while without breaking it, such as fear ward or old tremor totem. They allow for higher skillcap. Bestial wrath making you stun immune for 10 seconds, but doesnt break a stun once you're already afflicted with it for example.

Game should be adjusted and fixed accordingly after that.

There's some examples of mine....
    So hunters only should get a root wich is disspelable? Seems fair man

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    So hunters only should get a root wich is disspelable? Seems fair man
    and its hard to make it undisspelable right?

well since apparently every spec has to be equally good in pvp against any comp (in blizzard's mind at least) that's what you get. every spec feels the same and class differences turn out to be just differently colored spells.