Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I don't hate Nintendo. I just want them to make a new Star Fox game.
    I'm all for this so long as it's not a shooter (well not shooter per se, but third person action/adventure is probably more accurate) like Starfox Adventures.... Ugh.

I grew up on the original NES myself. I still love to play some of the games that they come out with. Love me some Smash Bros.

Nintendo does things their own way, which is both good and bad. They don't care about multiplayer (network), cloud storage or social media integration. Maybe it's a Japanese thing? And they have those party-games and movement controls that some people find to be anti-true-gamer. Also that they're not competing on graphics is a problem for some, because they cannot understand why anyone would ever buy a Nintendo console since it's not as powerful. Some people just want a console with nice graphics, a traditional controller and "pc games" they can play in multiplayer over the net. These people can't like Nintendo products.
    For my own part, I love many of the game franchise of Nintendo and I like that they're trying to innovate with different hardware. I also love "pc games", but I use my pc to play those. I will never nerf myself to playing FPS games with a standard controller, that's for sure.
    Mother pus bucket!

I think a lot of the hate usually comes from people who are really into the 'console war', and say it's just Xbox vs Playstation and Nintendo suck because they're not in the war! Imo, the only reason Xbox and Playstation are 'at war' with each other is because they're practically the same console. You could buy either one and it wouldn't make that much difference. Nintendo has forged it's own place in the landscape though, it's always going to be different enough from it's competitors.

'Friends' at school would make fun about me 'loving' my Nintendo console, just because I didn't have a PS2 or Xbox, when really it was they who were way too emotionally attached to this whole idea :/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People love to bring life to competition. Microsoft vs Apple, Xbox vs PS vs Nintendo, anything can be the groundwork. And while no company is perfect, the bigger the fanbase of each side of these debates, the bigger the hatred over the small things tend to become. Honestly, it's really stupid, all of the major gaming companies are responsible for creating masterpieces in their own right and to hate them over fandom just seems crazy to me.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

The whole Nintendo hate in my experience seems to come from the Sony crowd who grew up with Playstation or the 14 year old kid who started gaming on Xbox. They want to feel like their purchase was a good one, so they downplay and shit talk every other console, but at the end of the day they want the exclusives but don't want to buy the system for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well they did do the whole stupid Youtube stuff where basicly everyone who had any content from nintendo games got strikes... Oh yeah, and then they removed the cutscenes from the new supersmash bros because apparently they are useless if people can watch them on youtube... I guess stuff like that could piss people off.
    That was Sakurai's decision and had nothing to do with Nintendo.

While I respect him a lot I think that was a pretty shitty thing of him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how many motion controls were in super mario galaxy?

motion controls could be completely ignored if they didnt fit the game.

games like skyward sword benefited IMMENSELY from motion controls, no other zelda game has the levels of immersion that skyward sword has
    After replaying SS recently I found motion controls are a huge hindrance. Way too much emphasis on them especially when its simple shit like flying or swimming when TP handled that perfectly fine.

The sensitivity on slashing was garbage. I could be slashing horizontally left to right and it would go right to left or diagonal. Using skyward strike was also a pain in the ass.

At the end of the day I didn't feel immersed in the game just because I'm waggling a remote. For the most part it just drew attention to how awful motion controls are.

Deleted
    imo Nintendo shot themselves the moment they changed focus towards kids and families. I miss games such as killer instinct and lets face it they've somehow managed to turn Mario in to a family kiddish game. the Mario games on the snes and n64 were the glory days for Mario (including ww and sunshine on the gamecube). the wii was cool for like the first few days and then forth was left alone just gathering dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul360 View Post
    imo Nintendo shot themselves the moment they changed focus towards kids and families. I miss games such as killer instinct and lets face it they've somehow managed to turn Mario in to a family kiddish game. the Mario games on the snes and n64 were the glory days for Mario (including ww and sunshine on the gamecube). the wii was cool for like the first few days and then forth was left alone just gathering dust.
    The more hardcore traditional gamecube was maybe their biggest commercial failure since Virtual boy, whereas the Wii was their best selling console ever, so I wouldn't use the term "shot themselves". Mario was always a family friendly game, and the galaxy games weren't more childish than the previous games, and they could be just as hard. Take a look at these games. More violent that previous games on Nintendo consoles.
    I had MadWorld, but I didn't enjoy it that much. Super smash brothers is maybe the best fighting franchise ever, but it's not graphically violent. I think people also preferred Street Fighter to Mortal Kombat, even though the latter was much more violent.

Ok, a few different points there, but to sum up:
    Nintendo didn't go from hardcore to familyfriendly, and graphic violence doesn't improve a game by much. In fact, it might be a gimmick and will steal focus from good gameplay.
    Mother pus bucket!

When people grow up, they somehow expect their beloved franchises to grow up with them. This is especially funny during puberty when you start to see this manifest itself through angsty, gothic Harry Potter fanfics or such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't speak for the majority... but for me it's quite simple, they're NOT a games development company, they're a gimmick development company.

The problem is they're VERY good at doing this, so every generation they come up with some new gimmick, make trillions of pounds/dollars/yen and then spend all that on RnD for their next big gimmick.

Now I know this sounds like a good thing, the problem IS by the time they've come up with their new gimmick and released the console they're then left with no money for games, so they just release the same 5 titles ad nauseum.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hate? What hate. Everywhere I look I only see mindless worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Hate? What hate. Everywhere I look I only see mindless worship.
    I dont see it too. All I notice is a lack of interest in the Wii U, cant really classify that as hate.

Cause they rehersh games abit to much.

That and no propor online content, trough thats not what there targeted demographics seems to want (Japaneese/asian players)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    My hate is not for the company because i have respected what they have done for the industry in many ways, its towards some of the very usual rabid fanbase that thinks because you havent played LoZ or you do not enjoy the newest same mario that you are not a gamer. But then i mention my love for Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter from Naughty dog (dont like uncharted) or my enjoyment of R&C series both ps2 era and future, all i get from a nintendo fan is meh...just a mario 64/sunshine/galaxy clone. Overall though i just think its jaded eyes of some of the fans of nintendo which turns me off, only games i can become interested in on Nintendo consoles are not even made by them Ace Attorney series for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate Nintendo but I wish I still liked them. Nintendo is what got me into gaming when I was a little kid.

But Nintendo is stale. I watched as the Gamecube didn't exit its generation as gracefully as the Xbox or PS2. I watch as the Wii became sort of a gimmick to get money from naive casual gamers who bought up all the shovelware being made for the WIi. I watched as they produced more remakes of old games than added new chapters to their franchises. When they did add new chapters to their franchises they seemed odd or unimagined. The WiiU was a very odd move in my opinion and many games, both hardcore and casual, completely ignore it. I don't even remember what Nintendo did at E3.

Honestly if it wasn't for Zelda, Pokemon, or Multiplayer Mario game, Nintendo would have died a long time ago as a hardware company.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you don't have to go far. a few forums above, into the general discussion of world of warcraft. It's full of them (with many haters as well). They will defend wow with their lives, blizzard can do no wrong, tehy will spit and shit on any new MMO even before they get to play or even see actual footage of it.
    Again, I don't really see that. I've never seen people claiming how Blizzard can do no wrong and how everything they do is perfect and the greatest thing ever. I only see people being accused of thinking that way. It's just a cheap tactic to depreciate other people's opinion. It basically says: if you don't hate it, you must be a fanboy, because I hate it and I can't believe that the world doesn't revolve around my thoughts.

I love Nintendo, own a 3DS and it's awesome (if a bit flimsy). I think in the PS3/Xbox360 generation a bunch of the kids loved to hate on Nintendo as the childish kiddy brand, I don't think people in their mid 20s (who grew up with Nintendo) often fall into this catagory.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I won't really say much on the topic, but something that has always given me a good laugh is thinking all of the Nintendo haters who cry "GET WITH THE TIMEZ NINTENDO AND PRODUCE GAMES WITH TODAYZ GRAPHICZ!!!!!oneoneoneoen" are probably people who turn around and play WoW. Yeah, b/c WoW has the best graphics ever, amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul360 View Post
    I think they are recovering ground there with Bayonetta 2 for example. And the Wii actually has alot of "mature" games, they just happen to be drowned by all the shovel ware.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all pretty equal when it comes to fanboys and haters.
    I disagree. I am a Nintendo fan, I grew up playing their consoles along with Sega. While I respect what Sony and Microsoft have done in terms of expanding the gaming audience to a larger number of people then in earlier years, neither should be adored for their contributions because they have really just taken after what the likes of Nintendo and Sega did during the 90's and made it more powerful. Nintendo deserves respect for all they have done for gaming in almost 30 years. They have created a lot and really pushed the boundaries of console gaming over the course of time. Graphics can only get you so far but having unique technology makes you a pioneer and far more respectable. Nintendo makes consoles for Nintendo games and that is what people need to remember the most. They are still going off the backs of their own franchises, if it wasn't for 3rd party studios, Sony and Microsoft would have given up by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't hate Nintendo but I wish I still liked them. Nintendo is what got me into gaming when I was a little kid.

But Nintendo is stale. I watched as the Gamecube didn't exit its generation as gracefully as the Xbox or PS2. I watch as the Wii became sort of a gimmick to get money from naive casual gamers who bought up all the shovelware being made for the WIi. I watched as they produced more remakes of old games than added new chapters to their franchises. When they did add new chapters to their franchises they seemed odd or unimagined. The WiiU was a very odd move in my opinion and many games, both hardcore and casual, completely ignore it. I don't even remember what Nintendo did at E3.

Honestly if it wasn't for Zelda, Pokemon, or Multiplayer Mario game, Nintendo would have died a long time ago as a hardware company.
    For an entry console, the Xbox was a failure compared to the PS1 which owned everyone. The GameCube was highly undervalued by 3rd party studios and should have done a lot better with more support, it did have amazing games though.

Your post is very Hipocrite since we could say similar things about the rest of the companies, besides calling Nintendo lack of Creativity, innovation etc.... it's a clear sign of ignorance.
    It IS a lack of creativity and innovation when you crutch on the same game franchises for 30 years. It's even worse when your best version of that game franchise came out in 1993. On top of that, Nintendo has failed to produce a console which has competitive specs with Sony or Microsoft for the last 10 years. Instead, they focused on gimmicks as the main selling point.

We have a Wii. My 9 yr old would rather play games on his computer. Instead of asking for a Wii U for his birthday, he asked for an Xbox 360 with Orange box.

Does that tell you anything?