Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Aethas didn't betray anyone. Hell, Jaina betrayed him by locking him up and issuing martial law in the city of Dalaran. Aethas and all the other Sunreavers were set up by Songweaver and Silverthorn, rogue-agents of Garrosh.
    Where was this stated?

Because Aethas knew about it, as you see in the dialogue on the Isle of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Where was this stated?

Because Aethas knew about it, as you see in the dialogue on the Isle of Thunder.
    He shuffled uncomfortably thats not an admission of guilt

Because at no point has he expressed that he wanted to be warchief.
    That doesn't mean he won't take the mantle if asked. He also clearly has no problem leading his own people and doing what needs to be done.

I'm still thinking Vol'Jin will be Warchief.

Why?
    - Vol'Jin has a built up lore this expansion
    - He almost payed with his life to protect his people and hided himself then.
    - Though the trolls had to pay with their lives for Vol'Jins actions. Vol'Jin needs something to make it up for his people.
    - He is Thrall's closest friend along the Horde leaders.
    - He has no capital to look on currently, while the others have a capital.

The thing is though, that neither Vol'jin or Lor'themar have ever expressed wanting to replace Garrosh as Warchief. Wanting to dethrone/remove/kill him, yes. Replace him, no.

There's also the fact that with the death of Garrosh, not only will the Horde be without a Warchief, the orcs will also be without a leader.
    Remember during 5.1?

"You would make an excellent Warchief, Lord Reagent".
    Lor'themar: "It may come to that".

While I would much rather see Vol'jin become Warchief. That was a very interesting comment. I do think Vol'jin has had the most development though. He's proven that he can command the Horde with his Revolution. I would rather see Vol'jin be Warchief. Hell maybe even a council of all horde races.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

Why?
    - Though the trolls had to pay with their lives for Vol'Jins actions. Vol'Jin needs something to make it up for his people.
    Don't forget he now has his own book as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar hasn't had much play time this expansion, or at all really. Players do not know him very well.

Maybe this is all the more reason for him to be the next warchief. Throw him into the limelight and let us get to know him!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post

Why?
    He has the Echo Isles just like Mettatorque does with upper Gnomeragen.

Blizz aint that creative plus the orcs need a racial leader

I don't think Lor'thremar will actually become Warchief, but in a way it would make a lot of sense. Blood Elves are the most commonly played Horde race by a large margin. It would be a nice nod to their preferences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    They did say that a character not to be expected would be the next Warchief.

I am placing my money on Rexxar returning and becoming the next Warchief since he
    has had such a minor role in WoW so far.
    They are not going to make some random outland quest NPC with no development since warcraft warchief of the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Lor'themar hasn't had much play time this expansion, or at all really. Players do not know him very well.

Maybe this is all the more reason for him to be the next warchief. Throw him into the limelight and let us get to know him!
    He's had more time in the spotlight this expansion than he has had since.. ever.

Deleted
    Seriously people, read Shadows of the Horde and pay attention during the 5.3 Escalation quest-line. Vol'jin will be warchief : he is the only remaining leader of the old horde still-aligned with it, and has determined to consciously represent the spirit of the values of its foundation. He will be warchief, I assure you.

If, on some weird-ass off chance he is supplanted by Lor'themar, I won't play the next xpac - I like the dude, but he is not of the Horde, he is a BELF first, foremost and above all else, caring only for his own species - he tried to re-align with the Alliance ffs. He would have left the trolls to their fate - that is no warchief of the Horde. NO. Just NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Are you sure you were playing the same game as the rest of us? He has done more in MoP than Thrall, and just because players do not know him very well does not mean he has no background, it is their own fault for not knowing who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Someone didnt want the Blood Elves to join the alliance

Why did they leave an obvious footprint in darnassus?
    When the continent of Pandaria was discovered by Horde forces, Lor'themar and the blood elves were invited to help conquer the new land, but the sinister methods of Warchief Garrosh Hellscream led Lor'themar to reconsider his position. The regent lord initiated conversations with King Varian Wrynn, hoping to rejoin the Alliance, but Garrosh sabotaged his diplomatic efforts by organizing a heist in Darnassus and focusing blame on the blood elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Seriously people, read Shadows of the Horde and pay attention during the 5.3 Escalation quest-line. Vol'jin will be warchief : he is the only remaining leader of the old horde still-aligned with it, and has determined to consciously represent the spirit of the values of its foundation. He will be warchief, I assure you.

If, on some weird-ass off chance he is supplanted by Lor'themar, I won't play the next xpac - I like the dude, but he is not of the Horde, he is a BELF first, foremost and above all else, caring only for his own species - he tried to re-align with the Alliance ffs. He would have left the trolls to their fate - that is no warchief of the Horde. NO. Just NO.
    You won't play just because they didn't give a certain NPC a certain title? Best "I QUIT" reason ever.

Well, it won't be Lemmiwinx, I mean Gallywix or whatever the mia goblin leader is. It won't be Sylvannas, she has strayed to far to the dark side with the capturing of Koltira. I think Vol'jin is the 'obvious' choice they lead into, followed with the statement, 'it won't be who you expect'. That also lines well with it NOT being an orc.

Orcs can get a faction leader that -is not- warchief of the (new) Horde. Saurfang could be the Orc leader. Warchief Theron is a possibility. I recall discussion in game (and most likely in the literature as well; can't currently find links to either) about making him King, but he refused and didn't like the idea at all. Those who recall this would find him being Warchief that much more unlikely.

What makes it seem plausible is the lack of other good candidates outside Orcs (which is fully expected). Baine is too young. What helps is the peace talks between Wyrnn and Theron. It would seem most plausible why he walks away and allows the installation of Theron as the new warcheif; and with Jaina's current bloodlust fueled hate towards belves, it would certainly cause a rift between her and the King. Allowing another Orc, after Garrosh, who isn't Thrall or Saurfang would be a rather stupid move on Wyrnn.

Saurfang makes the most sense as Warchief or at minimum orc leader for me. He is a veteran of many wars. He has remorse for the atrocities under the control of demon blood. He led the Might of Kalimdor to fight in Silithus in the AQ war effort.

High Overlord Saurfang stands before the Might of Kalimdor.
    High Overlord Saurfang yells: I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife, the land and Legion and Scourge, sacked our homes, killed our families — these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes — waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, us to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our … loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?
    He is the best Azeroth has. A true warrior. One who meters his rage and respects peace. He knows the TRUE war in WARcraft is against the threats to the planet and peace; not some silly squabbling between bipedals. He knows who the hated enemies are, and it isn't the Alliance, who he has allied with against the forces of AQ, who his son died fighting with trying to hold back the LK and scourge, Who saw honor and respect given to him when retrieving his son's corpse at the citadel.

He, is the true horde, a true warrior, a true orc, and a true leader; proven in battle and in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    You won't play just because they didn't give a certain NPC a certain title? Best "I QUIT" reason ever.
    Some people actually care about the lore. I know, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    When the continent of Pandaria was discovered by Horde forces, Lor'themar and the blood elves were invited to help conquer the new land, but the sinister methods of Warchief Garrosh Hellscream led Lor'themar to reconsider his position. The regent lord initiated conversations with King Varian Wrynn, hoping to rejoin the Alliance, but Garrosh sabotaged his diplomatic efforts by organizing a heist in Darnassus and focusing blame on the blood elves.
    But who was it? Someone gave jaina a obvious foot print

The Sindorei aint that stupid to allow jaina to follow there tracks someone wanted jaina to know it was the blood elves that infiltrated darnassus

The only thing I would say would make it valid would be that blood elves are by far the most played race on the horde.

Voljin or Lor'thremar I'd have to go with Lor'thremar, thats just a guess though.

Blizzard did say before launch or maybe just after the new leader would have their lore built up over the expansion, the only two to truly recieve this is Voljin and Lor'thremar. So while I expect the orcs to get a new leader, I'm not backing that they will also get the warchief title even though that would be pretty lame.

why people dont want lorthemar to be warchief ?