Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd have a bigger problem if they just stuck someone in the seat that we haven't seen in 3 expansions just because he's an Orc. Or part Orc. Whatever.

Only people that have a legitimate claim on the seat are: Thrall(NO), Vol'jin, and Lor. I would prefer to see Vol'jin get it, but the Belf wouldn't suck. But no more Green Jesus. Please.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

"Warchief" isn't just the leader of the Horde, it's the leader of the Orcs. To have a troll or blood elf leading the orcs is preposterous. I don't think either of them will be Warchief, nor do I think Thrall will return. Eitrigg and Saurfang are still around, too. The Warchief doesn't even have to be elected when SoO ends and it can be someone they build up over the next expansion. Some new character they have yet to introduce.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    It's because he has long hair, smooth facial features, and proper proportions instead of tusks jutting out of his jaw and bad posture.
    The dude has an Eyepatch and goatee.

That's all I'll say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I still don't think of blood elves as being a "true" part of the Horde, I don't care how that sounds. They would be better off if they broke ties with the Horde and lead a third faction in the game.
    Right.

I stand by my statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The dude has an Eyepatch and goatee.

That's all I'll say.
    I'm just glad they finally put that on his in-game model hahah, for the longest time his model looked like a regular blood elf.

I still don't think of blood elves as being a "true" part of the Horde, I don't care how that sounds. They would be better off if they broke ties with the Horde and lead a third faction in the game.
    Posts like this make me want it to be the Belf just so you rage on forums about it.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravemind View Post
    "Warchief" isn't just the leader of the Horde, it's the leader of the Orcs. To have a troll or blood elf leading the orcs is preposterous. I don't think either of them will be Warchief, nor do I think Thrall will return. Eitrigg and Saurfang are still around, too. The Warchief doesn't even have to be elected when SoO ends and it can be someone they build up over the next expansion. Some new character they have yet to introduce.
    I hate this argument. The Warchief is the leader of the Horde. The Horde used to be only orcs, so naturally the only option for a Warchief was an orc. The orcs have never had need of another racial leader because they are a part of the Horde, and possibly up until now, the Warchief has also been an orc. But now, the Horde has many different races in it, and of course there has never been so stupid a rule as "only an orc can be the Warchief". When a non orc is made Warchief, and it will be a non orc since there is no orc character in the storyline that is fit for the job, you can be sure that the orcs will elect a "High Chieftain" to represent their clans.

Heh, no way the "I play horde to be a tough guy!"-brigade will accept a blood elf as warchief, which is why i hope Blizz will do it anyway, but since warchief means both orc and horde leader (A bit like "king" seems to suddenly cover both humans and every other alliance race), it will probably be an orc or Vol'jin at a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I'd have a bigger problem if they just stuck someone in the seat that we haven't seen in 3 expansions just because he's an Orc. Or part Orc. Whatever.

Only people that have a legitimate claim on the seat are: Thrall(NO), Vol'jin, and Lor. I would prefer to see Vol'jin get it, but the Belf wouldn't suck. But no more Green Jesus. Please.
    Varok Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Posts like this make me want it to be the Belf just so you rage on forums about it.
    The funny thing is, I have a blood elf alt

I actually don't mind blood elves all that much (although there are WAYYY too many belfs running around Orgrimmar/Shrine nowadays), but from a lore, etc perspective I think they are a poor fit for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I hate this argument. The Warchief is the leader of the Horde. The Horde used to be only orcs, so naturally the only option for a Warchief was an orc. The orcs have never had need of another racial leader because they are a part of the Horde, and possibly up until now, the Warchief has also been an orc. But now, the Horde has many different races in it, and of course there has never been so stupid a rule as "only an orc can be the Warchief". When a non orc is made Warchief, and it will be a non orc since there is no orc character in the storyline that is fit for the job, you can be sure that the orcs will elect a "High Chieftain" to represent their clans.
    High Chieftain is the leader of the tauren. Orcs have a Warchief (See: Blackhand, Orgrim, Ner'zhul, Kargath, to name a few). It would be like having a gnome be the High King of the Alliance (and therefore faction leader of the humans). A Horde without heavy orc leadership isn't a Horde at all.

Deleted
    Undead Anduin, could happen!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    High Chieftain is the leader of the tauren. Orcs have a Warchief (See: Blackhand, Orgrim, Ner'zhul, Kargath, to name a few). It would be like having a gnome be the High King of the Alliance (and therefore faction leader of the humans). A Horde without heavy orc leadership isn't a Horde at all.
    Heh funny you mention it... From the frontpage, the interview section; "High King Mekkatorque" :3

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcyst View Post
    Undead Anduin, could happen!
    Undead Calia...you know, heir to Lordaeron? Arthas' sister? There are some hints as to what happened to her but nothing confirmed.

Deleted
    I think they are preparing vol'jin to be the king of trolls. I mean, he and the darkspear managed more than the exisitng empires - And he has the potential to lead zandalari etc.

Rexxar would spit on the ground rather than accepting the mantle of warchief

Thrall is most likely, but blizzard said someone we won't expect...if it is thrall, then wtf blizz?

Lorthemar sounds plausible, but he doesn't like the political bshit part of his job

Syvlanas - nope.

goblin prince - nope.

Baine - Too young to take the mantle I think.

Redeemed Garrosh - maybe.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I think they are preparing vol'jin to be the king of trolls. I mean, he and the darkspear managed more than the exisitng empires - And he has the potential to lead zandalari etc.

Thrall is most likely, but blizzard said someone we won't expect...if it is thrall, then wtf blizz?

Lorthemar sounds plausible, but he doesn't like the political bshit part of his job

Syvlanas - nope.

goblin prince - nope.

Garrosh dies... Big time. He more or less implodes after the fight.

And preparing Vol'jin to be king of all trolls? Ehh... Hardly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

Syvlanas - nope.

goblin prince - nope.

We're killing Garrosh so strike that off. And even if we aren't killing Garrosh, we are killing Garrosh.

Deleted
    I actually don't mind blood elves all that much (although there are WAYYY too many belfs running around Orgrimmar/Shrine nowadays), but from a lore, etc perspective I think they are a poor fit for the Horde.
    That's because they are the only ones with semi-decent number of polygons, I expect this to change big time if the new models ever come out, then you'll be seeing cute female orcs/undead running all over the place.

Also, they fit just fine, and no - the new warchief won't be Lor'themar Theron.

But how?! I can see the future. ^_^

p.s. Garrosh is very much dead after the siege is over

They are an ideal fit for the horde. The horde is a group of outcast races united in their believe that Alliance persecution is wrong and they need to band together to prevent extinction. Not a group of savages like the Alliance believes. The blood elves were heavily wronged by Alliance in Wc3, they would be dead had they followed them. They have just as much reason to be in the horde as the trolls and forsaken do.

Lor'themar will not become warchief, blizz just wants us to think its possible for speculation sake. He has to much on his plate already being the blood elf leader and someone has to watch over the Eastern kingdoms who isn't Slyvannas. Blizz isn't going to make a new orc leader and a new warchief a the same time and make it two different people. They will accomplish both at once with Saurfang. The only one of the candidates mentioned who doesn't have a lot on his plate currently and has the experience(and is the correct race) to lead the orcs and horde.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-08-25 at 07:53 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    High Chieftain is not a term exclusive to tauren, it simply means "the chieftain in charge of all the chieftains of the clans". It was a throwaway term anyway, they would obviously come up with some new custom title for the new orc racial leader like "Lord of the Clans" or something. This is a new Horde now, it has been ever since Forsaken were accepted into it, and it's been cemented with the inclusion of blood elves, goblins, and pandaren. To think that the Warchief WILL be an orc just because every Warchief beforehand has been is a very dated and flawed argument. Varian didn't like Thrall much less Garrosh, what makes anyone think he's going to leave knowing another orc is in charge?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Well that Wrathion guy is always edgy and mad at something...someone has to tell him to just take a deep breath, forget about the whole "burning legion is coming" thing and find a dragon lady to get laid...
    He is just a whelp at the moment...