Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look if the next expansion isnt burning legion (most likely isnt) then its pretty much guaranteed the one afterwards will be. draenei can wait another year
    Waiting 4 expansions for new lore is unacceptable.

Dalaran floating above ogrimmar whould have been so awesome...
    wows version of malazans, the siege of pale! garrosh buried in the tunnels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    "Which came first, Titans or Old Gods?"

"I can't answer that."

"Will we find out the answer soon?"

"No."

FUUUUUUU-
    He said look at the existing material. The existing material is very clear as to which came to Azeroth first (Titans).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Waiting 4 expansions for new lore is unacceptable.
    no it isnt wait your turn.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    yep, killing fleeing blood elves in Dalaran wasn't any fist pump. Now replace blood elves with orcs, and Dalaran with some location of great importance to the Horde and it would've been better.
    You mean like Orgrimmar? Yes, too bad that the Alliance isn't killing orcs in Orgrimmar...

Lore aside, Jesse is due for an NPC reference. He'd be a troll standing in front of a wall in some dungeon, with a little snake's tail poking out of the bottom, occasionally yelling "What dis be mon?! It make no sense!"

EDIT: And a butterfly pet! :0
    Last edited by Twerking As Intended; 2013-08-25 at 11:34 PM.

no it isnt wait your turn.
    No other race has had to wait that long. So, it most certainly is my turn.

Jesse, are you allowed to show us the NDA material after the secret stuff gets officially announced?

Would like to see that part of the interview, sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by FCJKSD3093 View Post
    Lore aside, Jesse is due for an NPC reference. He'd be a troll standing in front of a wall in some dungeon, with a little snake's tail poking out of the bottom, occasionally yelling "What this be mon?! It make no sense!"
    Voiced by him, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No other race has had to wait that long. So, it most certainly is my turn.
    you cant just shove shit where it doesnt belong. wait your damn turn
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

you cant just shove shit where it doesnt belong. wait your damn turn
    I have waited my damn turn.

Deleted
    Thank you for making this interview possible Jesse, some really good questions in there.

It's sad to see he didn't understand why Alliance players are upset in the first place. We're not upset because we never win, we actually do win in some places... we're upset our victories never truly make it into the game, we're not there to experience them most of times and instead we're given some shit joke. For example, the Alliance fleet debarking into the Barrens! That would have been an amazing moment, conquering the Southern Barrens... yet you only get there when the deed is done and you get to see how the Alliance mostly lose the zone with their general dieing and their major stronghold destroyed.
    Another perfect example, Dalaran, you go there, slay some blood elves... then Dalaran is gone, it's like the whole battle never even mattered and on island of the Thunger King both the sides seem perfectly equal like the few that escaped from Dalaran (blood elves I mean) are as strong as all the other mages of Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaelan View Post
    It still won't be enough. There are already countless threads that devolve into petty arguments. It looks like there is no quieting that faction until there is no more Horde. It's not equality they want, it's supremacy.
    No, that's what you want to think. That's the argument people like you bring when you say Alliance players are whining though most times except a few fanatics nobody asks for the utter destruction of the Horde. We just ask for a similar experience as quality. Get it? As in, I don't want to go with robo-cat while you assault a town... because that's lame. Maybe I want to... I don't know, conquer the ruins of that keep in Durotar whose name I forget. It's not something that makes the whole game unbalanced or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    • Removing the Kor'kron from the Undercity
    • Battle in the Barrens alongside Rexxar
    • Dalaran's aerial siege on Orgrimmar

Dammit Blizzard, stop cutting out the good stuff. (And yes, I realize that there were technical issues with that last one.)
    Agreed. And to be honest, if they felt that Dalaran hovering over Orgrimmar would have created tehnical issues... why not simply have it hover over the sea, in the distance, and you seeing fireballs and whatnot being thrown from Dalaran and from Orgrimmar you'd see cannon fire heading to Dalaran. Since you couldn't get to Dalaran since it would be hovering above the water, it wouldn't create problems, and since it would hover above water, it wouldn't create problems for the area below it...

yep, killing fleeing blood elves in Dalaran wasn't any fist pump. Now replace blood elves with orcs, and Dalaran with some location of great importance to the Horde and it would've been better.
    To be honest, I don't even care we just killed a few blood elves in Dalaran, my problem with it is... that it doesn't matter, Dalaran won't be anywhere, ever. It's like that "victory" never even existed, Dalaran could have crashed in the sea and Jaina took the survivors from the amount of Kirin Tor we see after we capture Dalaran.

Also, I like your avatar.

That was a fun interview, especially if you like lore IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun interview.

Best of all and most important I'd say, he kinda says that the relationship between the Alliance and the Horde will change quite a bit (well this was kinda obvious?), but most importantly, he throws in Saurfang into the convo.......mmmmmmhh

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Thank you for making this interview possible Jesse, some really good questions in there.

It's sad to see he didn't understand why Alliance players are upset in the first place. We're not upset because we never win, we actually do win in some places... we're upset our victories never truly make it into the game, we're not there to experience them most of times and instead we're given some shit joke. For example, the Alliance fleet debarking into the Barrens! That would have been an amazing moment, conquering the Southern Barrens... yet you only get there when the deed is done and you get to see how the Alliance mostly lose the zone with their general dieing and their major stronghold destroyed.
    Another perfect example, Dalaran, you go there, slay some blood elves... then Dalaran is gone, it's like the whole battle never even mattered and on island of the Thunger King both the sides seem perfectly equal like the few that escaped from Dalaran (blood elves I mean) are as strong as all the other mages of Dalaran.

No, that's what you want to think. That's the argument people like you bring when you say Alliance players are whining though most times except a few fanatics nobody asks for the utter destruction of the Horde. We just ask for a similar experience as quality. Get it? As in, I don't want to go with robo-cat while you assault a town... because that's lame. Maybe I want to... I don't know, conquer the ruins of that keep in Durotar whose name I forget. It's not something that makes the whole game unbalanced or something.

Agreed. And to be honest, if they felt that Dalaran hovering over Orgrimmar would have created tehnical issues... why not simply have it hover over the sea, in the distance, and you seeing fireballs and whatnot being thrown from Dalaran and from Orgrimmar you'd see cannon fire heading to Dalaran. Since you couldn't get to Dalaran since it would be hovering above the water, it wouldn't create problems, and since it would hover above water, it wouldn't create problems for the area below it...

To be honest, I don't even care we just killed a few blood elves in Dalaran, my problem with it is... that it doesn't matter, Dalaran won't be anywhere, ever. It's like that "victory" never even existed, Dalaran could have crashed in the sea and Jaina took the survivors from the amount of Kirin Tor we see after we capture Dalaran.

Also, I like your avatar.
    The Alliance is getting the biggest victory of all which you are apart of, the sieging the main enemy city and killing its leader. I think that kind makes up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You weren't there to experience stopping Garrosh's plans in 5.1?
    You weren't there to experience kicking the BElves out of Dalaran?
    Maybe you didn't see the Horde completely dissolving, and only got a tease of the Alliance coming together.
    You don't get to experience marching into Orgrimmar, taking an enemy capital, killing every orc in sight, killing the Warchief, then allowing the Horde to pick a successor that the Alliance can work with?

It's called the Sunreaver Onslaught, but if you payed attention, they got rolled into Rommath's Magister forces. The operation on IoT is personally led by Lor'themar. To pretend that it's only Sunreavers is disingenuous or misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He said look at the existing material. The existing material is very clear as to which came to Azeroth first (Titans).
    The material is contradictory.

The earliest lore indicates that the Old Gods were there first and the Titans came later.
    Later lore suggests that the Titans had elements in place before the Old Gods corrupted them, although it doesn't expressly state that these elements were in place before the Old Gods had even arrived on Azeroth. Some of it suggests the Titans may have made repeated visitations, but that is not directly supported.
    Other lore indicates that certain Azeroth races predated the arrival of the Titans, but not the Old Gods, which suggests that the Old Gods were there first.

There aren't that many lore elements that expressly state flat out that Titans came first and Old Gods infested their works later. If it were that cut and dried, he wouldn't have avoided answering the question flat out. This is why it needs straightening out.

They've mentioned that a 'Book of Cain' style graphic novel is in the works which will explore Azeroth's earliest history. I imagine he doesn't want to give too much of that away.

Clamouring for any new lore will result in shitified lore in game. Do you really want that? I wish Night Elf fans would've stfu about wanting lore back in Wrath. The only good Night Elf development exists in books, unless you think Malfurion pandering to the horde was beneficial for a race that had the most damage and losses from Horde aggression.
    I'm not really worried about draenei characters going neutral since almost everything the draenei have done since being introduced has been neutral or helping the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    can do all that as a horde player too. The experience is not Alliance exclusive.
    Why does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The material is contradictory.

The earliest lore indicates that the Old Gods were there first and the Titans came later.
    Later lore suggests that the Titans had elements in place before the Old Gods corrupted them, although it doesn't expressly state that these elements were in place before the Old Gods had even arrived on Azeroth. Some of it suggests the Titans may have made repeated visitations, but that is not directly supported.
    Other lore indicates that certain Azeroth races predated the arrival of the Titans, but not the Old Gods, which suggests that the Old Gods were there first.

There aren't that many lore elements that expressly state flat out that Titans came first and Old Gods infested their works later. If it were that cut and dried, he wouldn't have avoided answering the question flat out. This is why it needs straightening out.

They've mentioned that a 'Book of Cain' style graphic novel is in the works which will explore Azeroth's earliest history. I imagine he doesn't want to give too much of that away.
    It's plausible that the Titans and Old Gods were born from the same entity/event (Warcraft's Big Bang), and these eternally opposing forces of order and chaos visited Azeroth more times than they could remember or are aware of. We don't know exactly how old Azeroth is, so perhaps there were many other native/alien races before the ones we know to date