Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remembered playing a really cool game on our old Commodore 16 Plus 4 when I was very young, but for years I couldn't remember what it was called and had no clue how to find it. A few years back I decided to just trawl through a list of games for that system and see if anything rang a bell. Somehow I eventually found it. Jack Attack!

Managed to find an emulator and get it to run on my PC. So much nostalgia!

There was also a game I used to love playing with my cousins when I went over their house. All I could remember was that it was a game where you compete to be the best circus performer and the game had a pretty weird sense of humour. Eventually found out that it was called Fiendish Freddie's Big top O' Fun and came on a cartridge with a bunch of other games including Flimbo's Quest which was another I loved but didn't even remember untill I looked up the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    -snipp--
    I must admit that is a really odd title name lol.

Cool that you figured it out it was by luck I figured out mine I even posted in a thread here trying to get help. I am slowy rebuilding my old game collection and this "ST Zoda's Revenge" was one game I could never remember.

There is also a Sega game I am looking for I can't remember the name to. Its where you fly like a space ship and its a scrolling shooter has interesting boss fights and on one of the levels you fly over what looks like "The Death Star" but it isn't that it just reminds me of it. Ill ask my brother later he will know what it is lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    StarTropics and #2 are great Zelda knockoffs. I enjoyed the first one more than the second, but that's because of the atmosphere it provided. #2's game mechanics are definitely better and it plays smoother overall.

Glad you got to rediscover a great game!

One that brings back a lot of memories for me is

It was a terrible game. A side-scrolling shooter game, but the music was fun and me and my little brother played it co-op a lot whenever we would rent it from the local video store (Also rented out NES and Genesis games).

Another great Co-op experience for the NES that me and my little brother were big into was this:

One person played as the Jeep and the other the Helicopter, it was fun. Kinda like R-type, but much much worse

One of the great things about being 5-6 is that bad games aren't nearly as bad as they feel as an adult. =p
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    -snip-
    Yep just trying to figure this sega one out now if anyone can help me thats great.

Its a scrolling shooter where you fly a space ship and one of the levels reminds me of a Computer Montherboard the ship is white and has some fun boss fights. It scrolls from down to up I think.

Also to you I almost got Bayou Billy the other day for like 3$ but passed it on it. I got a bunch of sega games today and one of them was Sonic Pinball and I loved that game when I was little.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I'm not even sure gamestop would sell Bayou Billy for 3 Dollars. =p They might have to give that one away.

I'll see if I can help lol =p using your clues, I was able to find this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Seed

could be it =p who knows
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

I know this is a nes game thread, but their was this game for Snes that i played, and i can only remember bits and pieces of it.

It had fairy tale things in it, like the 3 little pigs and i think you played as the wolf
    The password system was werid, you picked 3 or 4 things and one of them was like "jam" as in jelly.
    It was a platformer/sidescrolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered playing a really cool game on our old Commodore 16 Plus 4 when I was very young, but for years I couldn't remember what it was called and had no clue how to find it. A few years back I decided to just trawl through a list of games for that system and see if anything rang a bell. Somehow I eventually found it. Jack Attack!
    You know whats funny about this, I actually own a sequel to that game (Jack Attack 2) that came out years later, like Windows 98/95 era, for the PC. I never actually checked to see what the first game was like, never even would have thought the first was a Commodore game and the fact a that a sequel was realized so long after for such an obscure game.

StarTropics 1&2 are personal favorites of mine. I actually liked them more then the original Zelda during the time they were released (before Link to the Past came out) and I was always saddened by the fact I have yet to see any reference to the games in any later Nintendo games besides their names being listed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I would love to see Mike appear as a character in Smash Bros 4, thought he may need his moves reworked since he shares a few that Ness would have. I do remember seeing an image of a supposed model for Mike that was being considered for Brawl, but I have a feeling the image was faked by someone since to me it looks a lot like a re skinned Pokemon Trainer. I am guessing the series hasn't been considered for inclusion because, from my memory, StarTropics 1 and 2 were North America only releases at the time, not sure if they have been re-released on digital services in other countries as of yet. It would certainly be cool to see Mike as a playable character from a non-Japan Nintendo game and then have Takamaru as a newcomer from another Famicom/NES game that was Japan exclusive, only other non-Japan character/game from Nintendo that would really stand out to me would maybe be Tin Star or Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. I would freaking love so much to see a StarTropics 3 that gets an overhaul like Kid Icarus Uprising did.

One game a few years back that I could not for the life of me remember was a top down shooter game I had played in the arcade that involved fighting mutants in the middle east with a control scheme very similar to Smash TV. As luck would have it at the time, Midway had released the 2nd of its classic game compilations which I had gotten for PS2 and on the collection was exactly the game I was trying to remember, Total Carnage.

No surprise then that the game reminded me of Smash TV, it was designed to be a sequel of sorts to it.

Another game I remember searching for that I had played way back was The Speris Legacy for the Amiga platforms, a Link to the Past rip off but with a a sweet, delicious Amiga quality soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I know this is a nes game thread, but their was this game for Snes that i played, and i can only remember bits and pieces of it.

It had fairy tale things in it, like the 3 little pigs and i think you played as the wolf
    The password system was werid, you picked 3 or 4 things and one of them was like "jam" as in jelly.
    It was a platformer/sidescrolling.
    Don't worry its not a nes game thread its really any game ever.

I can't think of that game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    TBH, I'm not even sure gamestop would sell Bayou Billy for 3 Dollars. =p They might have to give that one away.

I'll see if I can help lol =p using your clues, I was able to find this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Seed

could be it =p who knows
    Sadly that isn't it. all I can really remember besides what I already said is the game had really nice graphic's for a Sega game.

try googling something like "Snes game that had a password named jelly"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sadly that isn't it. all I can really remember besides what I already said is the game had really nice graphic's for a Sega game.
    It wasn't Zaxxon was it? What system did you play it on, Master System, Genesis/Mega Drive or arcade?

I remember what all but one of the games I used to play on my NES was called, though I can remember the first three levels vividly enough. You play as some sort of knight type character; the first level has you scaling a mountain by jumping from platform to platform, the second level takes place on clouds, and the third is in the forest where you can jump up and down branches of trees.

Never made it past the third level, as I was pretty young at the time, and while I can remember the look of the game I've never been able to track down the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I still can't quite recall what game it was but it was a Commadore 64 game.

From what I remember from my hazy childhood memory before Mario and Sonic abducted me... It was a very low res blocky looking game where you run through a kind of dark forest esque place and you get attacked by spiders, bats and all sorts of 'creepy' things. The character was just one of those stick men looking dudes and I can't remember if you had to shoot the monsters or just run past them and survive.

But it's been bugging me because I know there was a time where I played it quite alot and then it was lost in a move. :|
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twenty years later I still want Star Tropics 3.

Can anyone help identify this game/level...?

So first let me say that I don't have a really "great" recollection of this game... nor any screens or anything like that. In fact it may have been something I totally made up by combining a couple games! I think it's an older game (PS2, N64, GC, somewhere around there I think) and tbh I WANT to say it's a Zelda game... but I don't think it is.

That all said. One of the key things/levels I remember is that it was a sort of tower crawl/climb/challenge, with I want say 100 floors. (Which makes googling sooooooooo hard) I believe the rooms were circular, with portals up/down (similar to Zelda) and when you entered you either faced off against enemies or had a chance to re-stock things (and for some reason I'm thinking there were fairies here... another zelda thing). Every like xth floor (think 25) you could port down to the bottom if you wanted, but I think you then had to fight back up. At the top you got some reward, and I think it was a Piece of Heart (another Zelda thing...). I'm pretty sure this whole thing was optional too,

TBH my top game I think this level was from is Zelda Wind Waker, but the only thing I can find with google is the story tower, and I don't own it anymore to check... but I know that the story tower wasn't it. It was way more "grindy" and a challenge where things got progressively harder. Like one floor you'd face 1x mob, then 2x, then maybe 2 of one kind, etc.

So if anyone knows this game/level I'd appreciate it.

Do you remember if it was 2D, 3D, Isometric, Third Person, First Person, etc?

I don't know, could be one of the "Ys" games, thou I never played them.
    Your you're own enemy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a lot like Persona 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I remember what all but one of the games I used to play on my NES was called, though I can remember the first three levels vividly enough. You play as some sort of knight type character; the first level has you scaling a mountain by jumping from platform to platform, the second level takes place on clouds, and the third is in the forest where you can jump up and down branches of trees.

Never made it past the third level, as I was pretty young at the time, and while I can remember the look of the game I've never been able to track down the name.
    Sounds to me like it is one of the Wizard and Warriors games. Probably the first one. But I haven't touched those in probably 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered the name of the game "Magic Sword" because of Game Grumps. Then, a few weeks later, my brother sends me a message asking about the name of the game. Weird.

Anyone else remember the melody that played with "Heroes of Might and Magic, has run out, of memory"? It was this song that played when the game crashed

This is either eternal ring or dark cloud 2. one of the last few games I actually finished. The 100 level dungeon was a "bonus" for beating the game. Maybe even DC1. God... broken dagger glitch ROCKED!

There's a game I played a long long time ago that maybe people can help me look up. I've never been able to find it in years of searching.

I believe the game was on NES and it was a racing game. However, you were in spaceships and you raced around planets. I don't believe there were weapons but you could knock people off the side of the planet and they had to respawn. You could also purchase upgrades for your ship. I remember the game was an absolute blast but never been able to find it again. And this had to have been 20 years ago give or take.

Signature Created by Jassinta