There is a queue service for the servers. The problem is the queue is full as well.

My wife and I just got in after 7 hours of being locked out and theres maintenance in 30 minutes.

I still feel like i wont the lottery or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    There is a queue service for the servers. The problem is the queue is full as well.
    Then it's not a queue system...queue systems don't just "turn off" or "Get filled". If you're not even going to build a properly functioning queue system, don't bother.

Seriously, if it's getting slammed this hard for early access, I shudder to think of how their servers will work at launch. And by that, I mean that they probably won't.

So yay for companies continuing the trend of being unable to launch a fucking MMO without breaking their god damn servers. It's fucking pathetic that it's still this way.

And before anyone says something like, "Well they didn't know how many people would be logging in!", bullshit. These are all off of preorders, which they had numbers for. They knew damn well how many people would be flooding their servers, and they had heavy loads during open beta crashing them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So disappointing that the early access has been this much of a shitshow. I was really hoping they'd have their shit together given how long 1.0 was running, but I guess something as simple as a queue system for your servers is asking too much : /

Yes, I'm totally bitter right now. Even moreso because my friend has yet to be able to actually register his game, and was completely unable to create a character on Ultros during open beta, and it's looking like he may not be able to now either : /

Dear Squeenix, get your fucking shit together, this is embarrassing.
    In SE's slight defense, 1.0 servers were entirely different machines and coding structure than ARR's. And the login amounts from NA/EU are far exceeding beta4's and JP servers

And in-game message for emergency maintenance for the NA/EU servers. Again. 0400 to 0530 GMT.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    When you unlock a job, what than? you lvl your job from 1 or you're lvl30?
    No. Jobs are literally specs for classes. They level with the base class, ie Monk/Pugilist, Lance/Dragoon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawm View Post
    Alright.
    I'll contact customer support, then.

Should perhaps have bought the game from GMG or another external shop, as SE is clearly incompetent.
    I read on different forums that canceling the pre-order and redoing the pre-order solved the problem of not receiving the Promo code. You can try that before contacting Customer Service. Look in your email you received from the retailer too. You may have overlooked the code in there.

Crystal Caravan is looking for experienced raiders to fill our 24 man roster. We are also looking for raiders for an 8 man team or an already established 8 man team that would like to merge with us and become part of our 24 man as well. We come from a top 25 13/13 Heroic 10man Guild that knows the ropes and what it takes to become a successful guild and raiding team.

What we need from you:
    - detailed application on our website giving us a good idea of what kind of player and person you are.(website located at the bottom)
    - working headset
    - knowledge of the class you will be raiding on
    - positive attitude

What you can expect from us:
    - awesome people
    - focused progression raiding
    - lots of bad jokes

Outside of Raid:
    We have a bunch of people that sit in vent playing League of Legends, Starcraft, and a bunch of other games daily.

Raid Days:
    Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 9pm - 12pm pst

Send us an application at crystalcaravan.enjin.com

IGN: Shane O'reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Knarp View Post
    I read on different forums that canceling the pre-order and redoing the pre-order solved the problem of not receiving the Promo code. You can try that before contacting Customer Service. Look in your email you received from the retailer too. You may have overlooked the code in there.
    Digital River gave pre-order code when first pre-order, in the original email and purchase page. you can also do the findmyorder.com and get it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Chihana View Post
    In SE's slight defense, 1.0 servers were entirely different machines and coding structure than ARR's. And the login amounts from NA/EU are far exceeding beta4's and JP servers
    True on the server bit, I'm bitter.

But bullshit that they're "overwhelmed with how many people are playing". They know preorder numbers, and the only people who are playing are preorder players. They should know exactly how many people will be playing this weekend and should have been able to have the hardware capable of supporting them. Especially since the servers will be even more slammed at launch.

Like, I'm tired of making excuses for online games having their servers shit themselves at launch. It's bullshit and it shouldn't be the case anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    True on the server bit, I'm bitter.

But bullshit that they're "overwhelmed with how many people are playing". They know preorder numbers, and the only people who are playing are preorder players. They should know exactly how many people will be playing this weekend and should have been able to have the hardware capable of supporting them. Especially since the servers will be even more slammed at launch.

Like, I'm tired of making excuses for online games having their servers shit themselves at launch. It's bullshit and it shouldn't be the case anymore.
    Well, have you considered things are slow is because all the people that are online aren't logging off(Even if they are afk).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Watching a stream of it and a topic about classes being added in came up which got me thinking.

It's a simple thing with wow and ffxi add class level from 1.

However what do you think they will do with this game?

Lets say a new one is Ninja, will they start you out as a martial artist of some sort then become a ninja at 30? Basicly having to add 1 class and 1 job per?

I don't see much of an option for them besides this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well, have you considered things are slow is because all the people that are online aren't logging off(Even if they are afk).
    How is that my problem? If they don't way to provide hardware of handling the early access crowd, much less launch crowd, then fuck them.

How is that my problem? If they don't way to provide hardware of handling the early access crowd, much less launch crowd, then fuck them.
    Frustrations aside, why bother messing with a game that's just going to piss you off repeatedly?

Not that I'm one to talk stuck around with WoW far to long with all my frustrations about it. My excuse, nothing to really rival it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Frustrations aside, why bother messing with a game that's just going to piss you off repeatedly?
    Because they took my money?

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Because they took my money?
    I bought 1.0, it was terrible, I quit playing.

Your excuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    See, now you are acting unreasonable. Seriously walk away from XIV for a bit if you're acting this bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, glad I decided not to get this game yet. Maybe I'll take a look after it cools down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    See, now you are acting unreasonable. Seriously walk away from XIV for a bit if you're acting this bad.
    Sorry if I spend money and expect to get to play the early access that I paid for. I guess I'm just an unreasonable, entitled asshole who wants to play a game he enjoys. Fuck me though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I bought 1.0, it was terrible, I quit playing.

Your excuse?
    Who said I was frustrated. You asked for a reason and I gave one.