Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Because the story has moved on from that point. Which means they need another change....
    in which i say again Gameplay > lore
    And why should Ashenvele get special treatment? There are 3 whole continents left in the cold

- - - Updated - - -

drek, I am fairly positive you don't have *any* Alliance toons at max level possibly even half that.
    well if you say then it must be true right?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you don't seem to understand what pushing the Horde all the way back to the Warsong Lumberyard .
    Pushed back? You just attack it, that dsnt mean everything West of it was destroyed
    Last I checked Hellscream's Reach, Splintertree, and Silverwing where still there
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Do you? You don't even know how to spell Ashenvale correctly and you have clear ignorance of the Alliance arcs.
    this level of nit picking is rather ridiculous. oh and you DON'T want Org to be in ruins after the siege? just have your forrest to fly through every now and then?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the REASON hellscream attacks Theramore is because he was DEFEATED in Ashenvale.
    Wolfheart happens before Cata questing

- - - Updated - - -

will make it crystal clear to horde players like you that you got your asses stomped into the dirt and lost.
    and here I remember the Alliance always complaining that they were 'losing everywhere'

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you?
    yeah I do, a human rogue, though i dont think you would believe me either way

- - - Updated - - -

Ashenvale, lore wise is Alliance territory
    And gameplay wise its a contested zone
    As said before Gameplay will always trump lore in all aspects of WoW

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tides of War is not Wolfheart... And the Horde was massively defeated in Wolfheart too.
    Baine reflects how Hellscream was smarting after defeats at the hands of Varian, which happened in Wolfheart, which happened before Cata questing, least in terms of Ashenvele

Ignorance of Alliance quest arcs isn't ridiculous, it's a very sound case for having no Alliance toons.
    not that, giving a guy shit for spelling a fictional fucking forrest wrong is ridiculous. and really do you know what toons he has? do you happen to know what toons I have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay can and will be mutable and changed to accommodate story telling. Barrens was altered, Vale was altered, Krasarang too. Phasing and dynamic environments change to fit the way the story is progressing. What a shame it is to not use it where it matters, what a bunch of crap it is to deny Alliance players a victory (from the siege itself) via such things because devs don't think it or the Alliance fanbase is worth the time. What would I give up for a revamp in Ashenvale? I'd gladly say don't bother revamping Orgrimmar
    Because we're fucking doing things there. WTF are lvl 90s going to go back to Ashenvale for? That place is stuck in Cata time. No part of the current story is taking place there that would make for compelling gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why make all these changes around Orgrimmar and in Durotar when there's nothing going on in the city? Everything is instanced.
    The design is already done for the instance. They just copy/paste it into the game world. Same as what they did with Theramore.

And we're talking about a fucking faction capital. Not changing it to show a new Warchief is stupid. It gets massive amounts of traffic from all levels compared to a low level zone out in the middle of nowhere. They permanently changed Dalaran to reflect the LK's death.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-26 at 05:36 AM.

Well this thread got derailed hard
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Im not even talking to you. In fact I don't care who the hell you are. You nitpicked something I said and ignored the important part, now you're going on about something irrelevant. Don't talk to me, this is between Drek and myself. btw it's "forest" with one r, not with 2, ty have a nice night
    oh ho, pardon me for responding to a public post on a forum. if you want to have that private a chit chat with drek they have PM's for that. otherwise me or other people can and will respond to the things you post. and hey, with that kind of attitude I don't think you are worth talking to either.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-08-26 at 06:34 AM.

they're revamping shitgrimmar again after the siege. Like the place needs it...
    No, they AREN'T. They are changing NPCs and the throne Room, since that seat is Garrosh's property, that no Orc leader will want to sit in.

You're just butt-hurt that Shitwind still have a destroyed park and is making this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol really? You don't need to change a fucking thing. Replace Garrosh with whomever is the new one and call it a day.
    You don't even know what they're changing in Orgrimmar...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it needs no changes at all besides replacing Garrosh with the new Warchief as leader. BUt you Horde fans think its insanely important. A difference of opinion falling right down red and blue lines.
    Please enlighten us your insider knowledge of all the sweeping changes they're making to Orgrimmar besides replacing Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you illiterate? I said Orgrimmar doesn't need any changes. I didn't say what they are changing, I said the only thing they NEED to do is replace Garrosh. Slow the bloody hell down and comprehend what you are reading. It's not even long sentences...
    You brought up Orgrimmar.

Moon Blade: "they're revamping shitgrimmar again after the siege. Like the place needs it..."
    Moon Blade: "Why make all these changes around Orgrimmar and in Durotar when there's nothing going on in the city? Everything is instanced."
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-26 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You forgot to ask about Illidan. =/
    He forgot to ask about Death Kinghts :´(

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    He forgot to ask about Death Kinghts :´(
    :P
    I only had 30 minutes. If I asked about every forgotten character, story arch, location, faction, etc...
    we'd be here all day.

With that said though, I'm pretty sure Illidans story is over. At least that's what they said post Caverns of Time Dungeon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay can and will be mutable and changed to accommodate story telling. .
    no it itnst
    Gameplay comes before lore, always has and always will
    Dosent matter how awesome a story sounds if it does not result in complelling gameplay they cant use it

- - - Updated - - -

was because he was defeated by the Night Elves and has stinging resentment of the fact. It's covered well in the first few chapters.
    Hellscream was stinging from defeat by Varian, which is from Wolfheart, not Cataclysm
    The Alliance halt various Horde advances, no more no less. There were no quests involving the fall of Hellscream's Watch, Splintertree, silvering, or the Lumber Camps

The most you do is kill some shit or burn some shit. Same exact thing the Horde does.
    In other words they give each other bloody noses, but arnt strong enough to overwhelm the other - as in Stalemate

- - - Updated - - -

you must've heard wrong.
    na, Im pretty sure the whole cycle of "Horde Favoritism" started when people started complaining the Alliance were 'losing everywhere' while the Horde was 'winning everywhere'

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, the current story is the end of Horde aggression towards the Alliance.
    Its about the escalating conflict involving Orgrimmar
    Conflict between red and blue will never end within WoW's lifetime
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-08-26 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    More or less. Canonically, Alliance are clear winners of the Pandaren Campaign (culminating in the Siege), with Ghostcrawler actively discussing ways to show Horde reparations ingame. such as Ashenvale and Gilneas, without detracting from low-level content on Twitter.
    See, now that would be fine. Horde are free from their tyrannical dictator, Alliance would reclaim their own lands that Garrosh's lust for power took away (IIRC, Garrosh ordered Sylvanas to push into Gilneas in the first place, not that she's all so innocent either), both sides win. Hell, I'd personally like to see an end to the Alliance-Horde conflict in general, with bigger threats like Azshara, N'Zoth and the Burning Legion on the horizon (I distinctly remember both Alliance and Horde having to join forces to repel them last time, and it seemed to work out pretty well). Things like the Alliance aiding the Darkspear Rebellion plus Horde giving them proper reparations for Gilneas and Ashenvale (ie; pulling their troops out, working out some sort of treaty/agreement for much-needed resources), could be awesome starting points for that.

Pity we probably wouldn't even get that in-game. :/

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for asking about Gallywix and Magatha Grimtotem!

I'm glad to hear the still have plans for Magatha.

The Gallywix response seemed a little worrying. I'd really love to see them develop him / the Bilgewater storyline.