Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Discuss]: "Leak" On Sub-Races In The Dark Below

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...quot-Leak-quot

This isn't about speculating whether or not the purported "leak" is all true but specifically the "leaked" sub-races IF IT WERE TRUE. (Not having updated character models on launch day because of the "leaked" sub-races taking the updated character models more time)

So what Sub-Races do you think they are and how do you think they'll be implemented?

-Adding different color dwarf e.g. Wild Hammer?
    -Adding Sub Race "units" Forsaken: Skeleton, Ghoul, Abomination?
    -Adding High Elves to Blood Elves?
    -Adding Furbolgs, Naga, Murloc, Ogre to Neutral Panderan?

Let the speculation commense

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it but I see it as incredibly unlikely for Blizzard to bother, harsh as the truth might be. As far as Blizzard will be concerned it doesn't really add any practicality to the game as we would already just have new character models. Unless they see such investments as having a great pay off they won't bother. Which is a shame.

I would also like it sub races could not have access to certain classes or else they would break fluff.

15+ Year Old Account
    adding not just colors, but tattoos too. wildhammers have tatooed faces, dark irons have dark skins and red eyes.

not sure what they want to give gnomes thou...leper gnomes are kinda lunatic.

night elves have the high-borne who should look different (like different eye color and pinker skin that resembles their link to high elves.)

humans should have high elves as sub-races, and have the option of being gilnean humans. (not all gilneans became worgen.) gilnean humans have british accents.

draenei can have the broken in their ranks.

Deleted
    If they do add these sub-races they'll most likely be just recolours of existing races. For example, Mag'har orcs will be just brown regular orcs. Or high elves, they'll be white skinned night elves. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elf-modeled undead (like sylvanas and her dark rangers)
    Taunka/Yaungol Tauren
    Maghar/Felblood Orcs
    Frost/dire/berserker Trolls
    High Elf Blood Elves

Earthen/Dark Iron Dwarves
    Mecha/Leper Gnomes
    Highborne Night Elves
    Broken Draenei
    Feral Worgen

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    adding not just colors, but tattoos too. wildhammers have tatooed faces, dark irons have dark skins and red eyes.

not sure what they want to give gnomes thou...leper gnomes are kinda lunatic.

night elves have the high-borne who should look different (like different eye color and pinker skin that resembles their link to high elves.)

humans should have high elves as sub-races, and have the option of being gilnean humans. (not all gilneans became worgen.) gilnean humans have british accents.

draenei can have the broken in their ranks.
    Original high-borne look exactly the same as NEs we have today. They are the same race. They just had higher status in thier society back then.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-08-26 at 03:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sub races would certainly be nice. Though I'm not sure how they'd work them into starting zones. I mean I don't imagine there are a ton of Dark Rangers running around the Blood Elf starting zone for example.

Unless of course they ignore lore accuracy in favor of gameplay customization options.

As a roleplayer this would certainly be something extremely welcome to help define my character's image within the game as well as my own personal description. That being said, Blizzard hasn't catered directly to the wishes of roleplayers for eight years. I don't imagine they'd start now.
    Butts.

People are paying way too much attention to this thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    That being said, Blizzard hasn't catered directly to the wishes of roleplayers for eight years. I don't imagine they'd start now.
    They should have burned the Goldshire Inn down to the ground for all the RP that has happened there, but it still stands. That's more than enough favors for 8 years don't you think?

OT: I don't like the idea of sub races from a lore stand point and it doesn't really do anything for my gameplay. If it really took time away from updated character models, then I'm pretty shocked. I would prefer a high quality character model over a couple of new skins, though they need to have way, way, way more customization options for characters.

At the least they need to double the amount of hairstyles available. But none of this should be at the expense of new models.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    If these were just to be some recolours it wouldn't even be worth the time to do them.
    Each sub-race should be somehow different from the races they come from.

Humans -> High Elves (would get BE's racial instead of EMFH)
    -> Survivors of lordaeron (bonus dmg versus undead/demons? btw. don't tell me the whole of lordaeron's ppl were killed, there must have been some of them outside the city walls)

Night Elves -> Naga(transform into highborne form to ride a mount, swim speed bonus. dmg reduction? scales etc.)

Dwarves -> Dark iron clan and the others, idk the lore here.

Orcs -> Fel orcs, Mag'har, lots of possibilties, make each sub-race be able to be different classes so standard orcs would be shamans, warriors, warlocks while mag'har would get mages or something like this.

Trolls -> frost/forest/berserker trolls idk whats the difference though, i hate the fact that trolls get so much attention from blizz.

Tauren -> Taunka (frost ressistance increased maybe?)

Undead -> skeletons/zombies/"input race name"'s undead version/dark rangers

There are tons of possibilities and i am bad at thinking how to differ all the sub-races. I would love to see fel elves (selin-fireheart)
    If they did sub-races in a creative and nice way this could be much better than new races and a chance to reuse old models.

If broken Draenai were added, would that allow them to be warlocks?!? Also, would new class/race combos come with other sub-races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No high elves, i'd rarther play a wretched.

Deleted
    This thing comes from 4chan and you actually waste the effort to discuss it?

Deleted
    Welll why do you list High Elves as Human subrace? I think they are in same bag as Blood Elves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    we aren't really discussing the hoaxed leak per se
    we are discussing the concept of sub-race options as a form of character customization

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No high elves, i'd rarther play a wretched.
    oh yeah i totally forgot about them, i would play a wretched BElf, especially a warlock, mage or rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abda View Post
    Welll why do you list High Elves as Human subrace? I think they are in same bag as Blood Elves...
    Highelves could be a Blood Elf and Night Elf option so both factions get them,

i think that one guys listed High Elves as a Human option because High Elves were always part of the Old Alliance in the eastern kingdoms and were never in Kalimdor, but i don't think that logic is sound.

adding sub races would be great ! trolls for example, so many troll models and sizes out there...
    yet, from a business point of view.. why would blizz add all of those in 1 xpac rather than just 2 each xpac?

sub race or main race its a new model anyways so why would they do that?
    allso, i hardly believe with all the only 25% new models done in 1.5 years as a side project, and a new complete xpac to build they could find the time to create all of those...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Regardless of the legitimacy of the leak, some of the points it raised were pretty well thought out and make people want to delve further. Just because you can't think about anything that may even be remotely false doesn't stop other people from doing it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    IF it were true... By the speed of blizzard this would probably delay new models for about another 2+ expansions. But one can only wish... I'd love playing a forest or a frost troll or a wildhammer dwarf or maybe even a fel orc. That'd be truly awesome but I'm afraid they might not be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that if they do add subraces blizzard should give us the option of doing a subrace change on our characters for free for the first week of launch or week you purchase the expansion. Since so many of us have been asking for the race updates.

Deleted
    This is realistically what I think we'd get.

Dark Iron/Wild hammer Dwarves.
    Broken Draenei (A Stretch)

Mag'har/Dragonmaw Orcs.
    Taunka for Tauren.
    Undead Blood Elves for Forsaken.

These are the only realistic ones I can see. They have to keep it within what is currently known to be part of the factions. People suggesting Naga as a sub race for Night Elves is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.