Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i would say they chose a pretty crappy site to leak to. 4 chan? really?
    How is it crappy? That's total anonymity. That's valuable when you're leaking sensitive information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    How is it crappy? That's total anonymity. That's valuable when you're leaking sensitive information.
    Or complete misinformaton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Can you please link to his "correct" predictions then?
    Can't, Posts that don't get updated after a while get wiped from 4chan. Only hope of finding it is through an archive site or the original poster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Can't, Posts that don't get updated after a while get wiped from 4chan. Only hope of finding it is through an archive site or the original poster.
    see thats the problem. people come here claiming "this is the same guy that leaked the MoP expansion and he was 90% accurate!" but don't link the MoP post.

so as far as i can say based on the evidence i've seen this guy could be a blizzard insider or a nobody. I can't be convinced without solid proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    How inconvenient. Pretty amusing though that some of those ideas in the fake Pandaria post are pretty much ctrl-ved into the OPs "leak" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Cause 4chan isn't know for trolling, right?
    Generally speaking /v/ is actually pretty decent in terms of leaks, you'd be surprised.

Also, while I've no evidence to back this up, other posters in the thread on 4chan were saying that this guy has done this 3 times before expansion announcements and that he's been spot on each time.

Also I get the feeling a lot of people are skim reading the document. It does say that there will be no new races or classes and no new models. But it does also say that this is being done to implement sub-races. To me, that means Taunka for the Tauren, Jungle trolls, etc all as playable characters, which I would love to be honest.

So could it be a fake? Possibly. But it sounds pretty damn interesting. Interesting enough to make me want to sign up again, which is really what WoW needs.

While I don't believe that this is a true leak (it's a cleverly put together collection of known information and logical speculation), I would not complain if this were the actual expansion. Biggest giveaway to me that this is fake is mention of the DotA BG - which was recently confirmed to have been indefinitely shelved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar Theron as warchief... No, he doesn't deserve that, he deserves better. He's been build so well in Mists of Pandaria, don't really wish for him to take the reins of the Horde - He needs to go his own path with his people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Just sounds like some bloodelf playing wrath fanboy wrote this crap.
    The amount of wrath babies just wanting a dark expansion with those damn spiders..
    At the end you'll be complaining about the underwater zones if this would be true.

Better be the burning legion. Don't even care about new races/classes.
    Maybe a 4th spec here and there. Player models would be a huge plus.

But really it feels like there's a link between wrath babies and people who want the alliance and horde to work together.

F*** bloodelfs, Hellscream ftw!

This is just a well thought-out extrapolation of the information we already have. Several of the details are plausible, some even likely; others however are not. For starters, I think the number of zones is simply too high. Given how complex and time-intensive zone design is, I doubt that Blizzard would split 10 levels into so many zones. There is a reason they went with smaller level brackets each expansion, and one of those is that they simply don't have the resources to flesh out 10+ separate zones. Look at Cataclysm: the redesign ate up so much content that they themselves admitted it was a mistake. And that was just RE-design, not building stuff from scratch.

Aside from that, there's a few other issues, like Azjol-Nerub heroic, even though we already have that mode available for it. It feels like a stretch, just to somehow fit the theme of the supposed expansion. Also, he lists both Azshara and N'zoth as raids - but if that is all done in the first tier, what's left for the rest of the expansion? Aszhara is too iconic a character to be just washed away in an entry-level tier, she'd be much better suited for the intermediate tier; the last tier would, of course, be N'zoth itself.

Another glaring problem is that Blizzard has pretty much confirmed an ilvl squish at this point. That would likely mean a revisiting of the entire leveling route - including the big sore spot that is Outland. Given that we have had hints at the Legion on more than one occasion during MoP, and that the "Skysunder" 5.5 patch has a distinct TBC look to it, I find it highly unlikely that the next expansion will not involve the Burning Legion in some way. This version of TDB sounds more like Cataclysm, i.e. the "new face" of Azeroth, except this time it's underground/underwater. Given how divided opinions were on the Cata reshape, I doubt they would do something similar so soon.

It may very well be that Blizzcon partially confirms some of the features mentioned, but I wouldn't misconstrue this as the OP having inside information - he just guessed well, based on the available information. I also believe that Lor'themar is going to be the new Warchief of the Horde; I also believe that there will be no new race next expansion; etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is just a well thought-out extrapolation of the information we already have. Several of the details are plausible, some even likely; others however are not. For starters, I think the number of zones is simply too high. Given how complex and time-intensive zone design is, I doubt that Blizzard would split 10 levels into so many zones. There is a reason they went with smaller level brackets each expansion, and one of those is that they simply don't have the resources to flesh out 10+ separate zones. Look at Cataclysm: the redesign ate up so much content that they themselves admitted it was a mistake. And that was just RE-design, not building stuff from scratch.

Aside from that, there's a few other issues, like Azjol-Nerub heroic, even though we already have that mode available for it. It feels like a stretch, just to somehow fit the theme of the supposed expansion. Also, he lists both Azshara and N'zoth as raids - but if that is all done in the first tier, what's left for the rest of the expansion? Aszhara is too iconic a character to be just washed away in an entry-level tier, she'd be much better suited for the intermediate tier; the last tier would, of course, be N'zoth itself.

Another glaring problem is that Blizzard has pretty much confirmed an ilvl squish at this point. That would likely mean a revisiting of the entire leveling route - including the big sore spot that is Outland. Given that we have had hints at the Legion on more than one occasion during MoP, and that the "Skysunder" 5.5 patch has a distinct TBC look to it, I find it highly unlikely that the next expansion will not involve the Burning Legion in some way. This version of TDB sounds more like Cataclysm, i.e. the "new face" of Azeroth, except this time it's underground/underwater. Given how divided opinions were on the Cata reshape, I doubt they would do something similar so soon.

It may very well be that Blizzcon partially confirms some of the features mentioned, but I wouldn't misconstrue this as the OP having inside information - he just guessed well, based on the available information. I also believe that Lor'themar is going to be the new Warchief of the Horde; I also believe that there will be no new race next expansion; etc...
    But all that hinges on the Skysunder thing being genuine, which I cannot recall being properly verified, which means we'll have to wait for Blizzcon to confirm this and then the expansion reveal will determine whether or not the Skysunder thing is right.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Big ol' bowl of bullshit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I dont think we can really avoid azjol nerub, or nerubians in general if we really are going with nzoth and underworld-theme.

I'm just not buying it. :\ Why leak this stuff to 4chan, if it were true where it probably wouldn't be believed by the majority of the WoW community. I would have probably bought a little bit more into it if it were on the WoW forums/fansites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. It's the usual pile of 4chan trollshit. There's not much there that's not easily extrapolated from what we already know. Not to say that it's all bad, and a lot of it I like the sound of... but it's still fake.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Odd. An expansion about Azshara and no playable Naga? Best time to add them. I kinda hope some of this is fake like no new class or races.

Sub-races would be awesome

Tauren - Taunka - Yaungol

Human - Vrykul

Orc - Mag'har

Draenei - Broken (the Krokul)

Troll - Forest Troll

Dwarfs - Wildhammer Dwarfs - Frostborn Dwarfs

Night Elf - Highborne

etc.

As soon as it said 90-100, I knew it was fake. There's no way they're going to start reducing the amount of possible expacs, especially if the one that goes to 100 isn't dealing with the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Odd. An expansion about Azshara and no playable Naga? Best time to add them
    Cataclysm was an expansion about Dragons and Old Gods. They didn't become playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Odd. An expansion about Azshara and no playable Naga? Best time to add them. I kinda hope some of this is fake like no new class or races.
    Yeah, even more when Metzen said that he really want to see them as a playable race, but i have to say that i love the idea of subraces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Sub-races would be awesome

Tauren - Taunka - Yaungol

Human - Vrykul

Orc - Mag'har

Draenei - Broken (the Krokul)

Troll - Forest Troll

Dwarfs - Wildhammer Dwarfs - Frostborn Dwarfs

Night Elf - Highborne

etc.
    I'd rather Dragonmaw Orcs for Orcs.

This is fake though. The guy who does this every expansion is always wrong for 95%.

It is hilarious that people say he was "Dead on" on other expansions. Dead on as in 5% right.. Yea if you play Darts with a blind fold I am sure one of the darts will stick.