Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We should go back to ICC style tokens, they still had Vanq/Conqueror groups etc but they didn't drop for specific slots. If you got a token you could buy any piece you wanted. I'd prefer that style for 10 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I'm not a huge fan of going to 8piece tier sets (even with 4piece or some other low number for the set bonuses). I am a fan of returning to tier tokens not taking a boss drop slot. The RNG factor of getting proper loot on 10man has stopped one of our rogues from getting iron qon's dagger for the entirety of ToT (Megaera hasn't dropped her dagger either).

To be completely clear I support this for 10 and 25man, 25man can get 3 tier tokens and 6 normal drops, 10man gets 1 tier token and 2 normal drops. 25man would still be ahead on number of drops per player (9/25=36% vs. 3/10=30%) for tier bosses and for non tier they'd still be ahead in drops per player (6/25=24% vs. 2/10=20%).

For the record, I also think that this 4% to 6% increase in drops of loot per player is more than enough incentive to raid 25man over 10man for those who want it. The ridiculous quantity of thunderforged (soon to be warforged) items that 25man gets over 10man is absurd and far past overkill.

Edit:

Not to mention the increased number of chances (6 drops vs 2 drops from the same loot table) to get drops useful to your raid group. Any 25man should be able to use every single armor type and stat distribution for those armor types (spirit or not etc.). Worst case you might have a type/stat distribution that goes to offspec, yet in my 10man we currently can't use any mail gear whatsoever (no shaman or hunter), and also can't use any spirit cloth pieces, any that drops is requisitely DE'd. Far less useful than an actual piece.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2013-08-26 at 06:45 PM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of going to 8piece tier sets (even with 4piece or some other low number for the set bonuses). I am a fan of returning to tier tokens not taking a boss drop slot. The RNG factor of getting proper loot on 10man has stopped one of our rogues from getting iron qon's dagger for the entirety of ToT (Megaera hasn't dropped her dagger either).

To be completely clear I support this for 10 and 25man, 25man can get 3 tier tokens and 6 normal drops, 10man gets 1 tier token and 2 normal drops. 25man would still be ahead on number of drops per player (9/25=36% vs. 3/10=30%) for tier bosses and for non tier they'd still be ahead in drops per player (6/25=24% vs. 2/10=20%).

For the record, I also think that this 4% to 6% increase in drops of loot per player is more than enough incentive to raid 25man over 10man for those who want it. The ridiculous quantity of thunderforged (soon to be warforged) items that 25man gets over 10man is absurd and far past overkill.
    I definitely think 10m should be getting 2 drops + tier, instead of 1 + tier. I'm not even sure why Blizz nerfed this. It just makes gearing from bosses that drop tier even longer and more RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It just makes gearing from bosses that drop tier even longer and more RNG.
    I think you kind of answered your own question... keeps you raiding more which means more time subscribed to the game.

It also gives people a little more reason to run 25 over 10, get gear faster. Last I looked Blizzard wanted to do things like that to "save" 25s and give "rewards" for the extra coordination of handling 15 extra people.

I'd like to see a 'gluth' boss every tier. Drops a random token and a shared boss loot every kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I'd like to see a 'gluth' boss every tier. Drops a random token and a shared boss loot every kill.
    Perhaps a mixture of that and algalon with it being a thunderforged shared item?