Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want another option.

Either if given a choice between having lor'themar as warchief, or peeling off all my skin and rolling around in salt.. i'd choose option 2.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I want another option.

Either if given a choice between having lor'themar as warchief, or peeling off all my skin and rolling around in salt.. i'd choose option 2.
    Would you roll alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    I think it will be Lorthemar as warchief. In the kossak interview, he said that alliance will have a say in the new warchief.
    If that's the case, that supports some of my points even further. The elves having formerly been of the alliance, Wrynn being willing to accept them back into the alliance. If he's willing to take them back into the alliance that means he trusts them. If he trusts them enough to accept them back into the ranks of the alliance, he'd trust them to lead the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I want another option.

Can I watch? Or can you at least post it to youtube... cause odds are pretty good it's Lor'themar. BTW... do you have a specific reason for not wanting him as warchief beyond 'der, he a puff elf hur hur'?

I think the Blood Elves being in the Horde at all is enough of a stretch as it is. Non-Orc Warchief would be weird enough. Blood Elves? Just seems wrong.

Not that I don't like Lor'Themar, but even as leader of the Blood Elves he still comes off as a less iconic leader than Kael'thas. I mean he's come a long way in ToT but still.

So, I wouldn't say I hate him or that he wouldn't make a good Warchief, he might. But it would be a strange choice to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post

Can I watch? Or can you at least post it to youtube... cause odds are pretty good it's Lor'themar. BTW... do you have a specific reason for not wanting him as warchief beyond 'der, he a puff elf hur hur'?
    So, the blood elf nobody whos name they could even remember prior to mists now suddenly the gang bang wants him to be warchief because he got a little bit of lore.

Yeah thats the kind of logic I expect from the wow community these days.

Lor'themar has no idea how to govern anyone outside of his own people. He has no idea about the harshness of life races like trolls and orcs live in durotar, and he wouldn't give up living in his shiny silvermoon for that reason.

And as many have said, he was five minutes away from leaving the horde altogether and joining the alliance, if not for Jaina and her doings. He isn't 100% loyal, and it took someone in the alliance saying 'fuk u' to make him change his mind. Thats not someone i want leading the horde, hell, even Garrosh had more loyalty as a raving sociopath

lor'themar works fine in his position, have him build his role as a stronger leader for the blood elves.. but if you make him warchief, that role becomes all but pointless and he can't develop in it well having to deal with the entire horde.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Make a video of your second option after he becomes warchief :P
    man, nobody even gets the reference do they..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Would you roll alliance?
    What self-respecting orc would roll alliance? :P

I'm still sticking with the idea that blood eves should break off from the Horde and form their own faction. They have NEVER fit in well with the Horde. EVER. They would make a great third faction, I think if done well (especially from a lore perspective) players would love it. Also that third faction would get some cool new races :P (since you can't really have a faction that is made up of just one race, and maybe Pandaren, since Pandaren are neutral).

Deleted
    Blizzard never was very good on character development in WoW, that's not big news. Nor at displaying military tactics or races.

And with Garrosh dead - who could've been a good, strong leader and actual Warchief - if they hadn't decided to make his head roll a while ago - gone, we really only have old Orcs around.

Baine is a likely pick, but I think he is a bit too young still.

Vol'jin loves the Horde, but I think he makes a better 'Watcher' or 'Guardian' of the ideals of the Horde - similar to Saurfang for example. He is the guy who kicks out the morons in power when needed.

Lor'themar seems weird, because Bloodelf. But on the other hand, when you really dig into the Blood Elves and their Lore, you realize they aren't the fairy people that a lot of WoW players believe they are. He might make a decent leader until Baine is a bit older as I said before. And if the Draenei get lovin', it's likely the Blood Elves are also getting it.

And we all know how "sensible" Blizzards decisions are.

Also keep in mind the Horde is no longer composed of the more spiritual tribes. It uses the Arcane due to Blood Elves and has crazy engineers and greedy merchants with the Goblins. And they even got a few Pandas now.

Worst case Gamon becomes Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the blood elf nobody whos name they could even remember prior to mists now suddenly the gang bang wants him to be warchief because he got a little bit of lore.

Yeah thats the kind of logic I expect from the wow community these days.

Lor'themar has no idea how to govern anyone outside of his own people. He has no idea about the harshness of life races like trolls and orcs live in durotar, and he wouldn't give up living in his shiny silvermoon for that reason.

And as many have said, he was five minutes away from leaving the horde altogether and joining the alliance, if not for Jaina and her doings. He isn't 100% loyal, and it took someone in the alliance saying 'fuk u' to make him change his mind. Thats not someone i want leading the horde, hell, even Garrosh had more loyalty as a raving sociopath

lor'themar works fine in his position, have him build his role as a stronger leader for the blood elves.. but if you make him warchief, that role becomes all but pointless and he can't develop in it well having to deal with the entire horde.
    Like a broken record...

Lor'themar has had involvement since his appearance in WoW, moreso than Vol'jin or Cairne ever did in the first two expansions. Most people knew who he was, and it was a joke not an actual thing where people didn't know who he was unless you were new to WoW or something.

How do you know he couldn't govern the other races of the Horde? Does Vol'jin know? Does Baine? Garrosh had like one campaign before Thrall thought he was ready, and Thrall himself had barely any experience leading an army let alone an entire people when he became Warchief. People think Rexxar and Baine are good choices because they're ugly and savage, despite having little to no experience in leading anyone, much less the Horde.

Lor'themar and the blood elves have also lived a harsher life in the last decade than the orcs, trolls, and tauren ever have. Could they survive having 90% of their race butchered by the Scourge, persecuted by Alliance racists that almost executed the rest of their race, betrayed by their prince and forced into a civil war, forced into a war with the Lich King right after, then having to deal with a Warchief that persecuted them just as much as the Alliance did?

Lor'themar wanted to leave Garrosh's Horde, not the Horde he originally joined. If you forgot, Vol'jin wanted to leave the Horde since the beginning of Cataclysm until Thrall convinced him not to. Lor'themar does whatever he can to help his people, that doesn't include staying in a Horde that uses them like tissue paper.

There's no reason you give why he wouldn't be a good warchief other than 'he just wouldn't do a good job '. I'm really curious to see who YOU would select as Warchief.

Worst case Gamon becomes Warchief.
    Worst case or BEST case?

I'd still love to see Blizzard develop some sort of epic backstory for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Worst case or BEST case?

I'd still love to see Blizzard develop some sort of epic backstory for him.
    He is part of the 5.4 as far as I recall. Nazgrim fight or something.

To be fair he did prove to be a really cool guy on Isle of Thunder but at the same time during the last scenario he stated that the front lines was his true call and not paper work and all that jive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post
    They'd let him be warchief for the same reason they bent over and let Thrall make Garrosh Warchief. Because at the end of the day, the horde is whatever the devs say it is.

Oh and if the rest of the 'true horde' are such savage brutes, why are they ousting the king moron? Because they're not savage brutes.
    Because that king wants all the races in that Horde dead except orcs...? ...obviously? Also, please look up the definition of the term "moron" or at least proof-read your own fallacy-ridden drivel before you throw cute little names around. Thanks, bye.
    Look! Words!

He is part of the 5.4 as far as I recall. Nazgrim fight or something.
    Yeah but we still have no backstory for him. Who he is, where he came from, etc...Blizzard could do something really epic, perhaps as a half-brother to Baine or something similar.

He'll probably remain a minor Org character, but after 5.4 it would be nice if the guy got a quest chain, at least (one that didn't involve pickpocketing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarahi View Post
    To be fair he did prove to be a really cool guy on Isle of Thunder but at the same time during the last scenario he stated that the front lines was his true call and not paper work and all that jive.
    He always was more of a warrior than a politican. He doesn't like it at all. But we saw with Garrosh and Thrall (WC3 mostly) that a Warchief is found on the frontlines.

Depending on what happens in the next Expansion, the new Warchief might actually need to fight more than he likes. A she is unlikely at this stage. I doubt Sylvanas would take it even when offered, she doesn't give a damn about the living. And she showed before that she will ignore whatever anyone tells her to do when it pleases her. Though she does listen to Lor'themar in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah but we still have no backstory for him. Who he is, where he came from, etc...Blizzard could do something really epic, perhaps as a half-brother to Baine or something similar.

He'll probably remain a minor Org character, but after 5.4 it would be nice if the guy got a quest chain, at least (one that didn't involve pickpocketing).
    I wonder about the bit where Orcs constantly used him as a punching back. Might be just meta, but maybe there will be more to it sometime. He might make a good NPC for a Warrior Class Quest in the next expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2013-08-27 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post

Some prissy elf as a warchief?! NEVAAH! If Blizz even tries to make such a blasphemous move, my days as a Horde player are DONE.

After all, it's orcs and humans, not elves and humans. Is it so hard to comprehend?
    Orcs vs humans is an old game for an old game base. Evolve with the times. or get out. Don't hold back the game with your ridiculous bias.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Orcs vs humans is an old game for an old game base. Evolve with the times. or get out. Don't hold back the game with your ridiculous bias.
    Chris Metzen said it 1-2 years ago that it was Orc Vs Human at it's core. It's not just coming from posters on here. Accept Metzen or get out :')

OT:
    Personally I'd be annoyed considering the fact he said he'd "consider old alliances" which tells me he would be a traitor if the situation for his Blood Elves was not good. A Warchief does not do this, nor even think it and that's why I think Lor'themar would be poor choice on Blizzard's part, given the words that came out of that possible traitor's mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Chris Metzen said it 1-2 years ago that it was Orc Vs Human at it's core. It's not just coming from posters on here. Accept Metzen or get out :')
    Metzen says a lot of stuff a lot of times. Sometimes he should just not say anything - or write it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.
    It's not like the Warchief has any actual power.
    Adventurers went to Outland because the Legion was invading.
    They went to Northrend because Arthas attacked them.
    They went after Deathwing because he screwed up their land.
    I guess the only time that the ruler has had any influence was telling their adventurers to go to Pandaria to claim it for the 'insert faction here'.
    Even if Lor'Themar got warchief, he would have no impact, and would just be forgotten like most NPCs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Like a broken record...

Lor'themar has had involvement since his appearance in WoW, moreso than Vol'jin or Cairne ever did in the first two expansions. Most people knew who he was, and it was a joke not an actual thing where people didn't know who he was unless you were new to WoW or something.

How do you know he couldn't govern the other races of the Horde? Does Vol'jin know? Does Baine? Garrosh had like one campaign before Thrall thought he was ready, and Thrall himself had barely any experience leading an army let alone an entire people when he became Warchief. People think Rexxar and Baine are good choices because they're ugly and savage, despite having little to no experience in leading anyone, much less the Horde.

Lor'themar and the blood elves have also lived a harsher life in the last decade than the orcs, trolls, and tauren ever have. Could they survive having 90% of their race butchered by the Scourge, persecuted by Alliance racists that almost executed the rest of their race, betrayed by their prince and forced into a civil war, forced into a war with the Lich King right after, then having to deal with a Warchief that persecuted them just as much as the Alliance did?

Lor'themar wanted to leave Garrosh's Horde, not the Horde he originally joined. If you forgot, Vol'jin wanted to leave the Horde since the beginning of Cataclysm until Thrall convinced him not to. Lor'themar does whatever he can to help his people, that doesn't include staying in a Horde that uses them like tissue paper.

There's no reason you give why he wouldn't be a good warchief other than 'he just wouldn't do a good job '. I'm really curious to see who YOU would select as Warchief.
    ^ This pretty much! It comes down to, what has Baine done more to make him worthy of Warchief? What has Vol'jin ever done more as a leader of the Darkspear than Lor'themar has as leader of the Blood Elves? If Lor'themar would've been part of the Horde from the beginning with Thrall you guys would've thought he was perfect, not even disputing his accomplishments as a Leader.

He was there when the Scourged attacked, he fought, he helped his people after a near extinction and a betrayal by their Prince Kaelthas.
    He was considering old Alliance particularly because of Garrosh, not because of The Horde. What's so hard to understand?

It's not a question of whether he is fit to lead The Horde, because he has proven himself of his qualities. Some of you are still living under the impression that The Horde is a representation of the Orcs. It is not, not anymore, you guys need to get this through your thick skulls. This is not Orcs killing Humans anymore. I could give a crap less about Orcs even being in The Horde. You guys are just as righteous as all the Human adoring Alliance fanboys, which are even worse.