Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    You can't go backwards. Nelfs can go arcane, but the opposite can't happen. The Belfs can't unchange; those channels are closed.
    But why can't they just use arcane magic to manipulate the nature, like they did in Botanica, we saw many BE there using druids powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Pretty sure that same exact reasoning can be completely applied to Nelf mages, yet there they are...
    N... no? The reasoning behind Night Elf mages is that there were Highborne still in existence who still practiced Arcane magic, who returned to Night Elf society and began training new mages.

Now, you could argue that anybody would have the capacity to learn how to be any class (well, even then there would have to be exceptions that the lore just wouldn't allow, such as Forsaken druids), but that's a different argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You probably don't know what exactly is druidism. Druids and shamans bind with nature. They do not manipulate it. They live with it.
    Mages don't. They can bend it to their will, but they're not druids.
    But we still have Dark Shamans, and in the end... they are still shamans

That flying form is AMAZING. 10/10 would use as mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Shamans and Druids both can be corrupted, remember also the Druids of the Flame, the Druids of the Fang, the Druids of the Scythe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Shamans and Druids both can be corrupted, remember also the Druids of the Flame, the Druids of the Fang, the Druids of the Scythe
    Yeah, also @b2121945 you said that druid and shamans bind with nature, but look at the goblins, they see the elementals as tools to get what they want (gold :P )

Deleted
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. They're not shamans, they are dark shamans. Mages bending the nature to their will wouldn't be druids, they would be something else.

// I see the issues with goblins and shamans. They have "contracts" with nature. That's where I see Blizzard being wrong with introducing them.
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2013-08-28 at 07:40 PM.

You probably don't know what exactly is druidism. Druids and shamans bind with nature. They do not manipulate it. They live with it.
    Mages don't. They can bend it to their will, but they're not druids.
    Druism takes life energy from its surroundings channeling it, Malfurion more or less killed miles of land to heal Krasus during the WoA for example. Becoming a druid isn't that hard, all you need is to figure out where to draw the power from.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. They're not shamans, they are dark shamans. Mages bending the nature to their will wouldn't be druids, they would be something else.
    Yeah, i agree the Blood Elf may be another type of druid, but in the end druids, and the goblins showed us that we don't need to bind ourself to nature to be, at least, shamans.

BTW just because someone use arcane magic, doesn't mean they are mages

15+ Year Old Account
    There's already a blood elf druid in existence. It's clearly known to the sin'dorei. There's been a druid trainer in Silvermoon for years.

Deleted
    Then Blood elfs should be Shamans as well, since Night elfs were once Dark Trolls, Then shouldn't undead be any class of those who died from the scourge then since they're the dead brought back to life of those who died during the Scourge, always wondered why they can't be Paladins since they can still be a priest
    Even though, playwise, an undead -can- be holy/disc, lorewise it's a different story. In short, undead only tap into the shadows as a priest. They do not affiliate themselves with the "light".

-Raketee

Quote Originally Posted by Raketee View Post
    Even though, playwise, an undead -can- be holy/disc, lorewise it's a different story. In short, undead only tap into the shadows as a priest. They do not affiliate themselves with the "light".

-Raketee
    But they do, Blizzard made a blue post concerning that, the forsaken can use the light it just hurts them.

Deleted

-Raketee
    this. the official bump was that they use a twisted form of the light to heal ect as actual holy stuff will kill them. And as far as im aware a fucked up twisted paladin is effectivly a death knight... (minus the whole resurrection deal)

15+ Year Old Account

-Raketee
    This is often repeated, but is untrue. While it might burn their fingers when the magic leaves them, undead priests wholly utilize light magic.

Obviously, it is not manifested in game as such, but that would be gamebreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    // I see the issues with goblins and shamans. They have "contracts" with nature. That's where I see Blizzard being wrong with introducing them.
    You are basically saying that just because you don't like that they don't fit with you preconceived notions that the creators of the game shouldn't have designed the game the way they see fit?

I think goblin Shamans are hilariously appropriate. Shamanism *is* wheeling and dealing, and goblin totem-gadgets are genius!
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-28 at 07:50 PM.

theres only like 1 Blood elf Druid in the game, so far and he is a bad guy who Used and abused nature, Which is something druids are against. Plus With regards balance, 1 allaince race would need to be able to make druids too, and i know many will say Gnomes >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But they do, Blizzard made a blue post concerning that, the forsaken can use the light it just hurts them.
    Which is why the Forsaken are, as a race, dedicated to the Church of Shadow. Any Forsaken using the Light is not only seen as a martyr, but a sort of heretic as well. Lorewise, there are few, if any, Light-channeling Forsaken priests (Hell, Forsaken getting healed by the Light hurts almost as much as the wound they have). That Blue post (which was from an "Ask the CDevs!" thread) was to clear up anything concerning Forsaken and the Light.

On topic: Being an avid Blood Elf player/role-player (was a BE forever, went Alliance to raid), I have long thought of topics such as this. Let me link my thoughts on this (which also concerns the re-vamp of the BE/Draenei starting zones; funnily enough, I've made the exact, same thread before =D):

With the Sunwell now purified and restored, the Blood Elves need a way to "cleanse" Quel'thalas of all the Scourge corruption. The Blood Knights and Magi can't do it alone. To that end, the Tauren come to the Sin'dorei's aid to help them.

Some of these Tauren, Hamuul Runetotem, etc, teach willing Blood Elves, likely rangers, the ways to the druid. These Blood Elf druids are very Sun-oriented (much like Tauren Paladins) and use their new-found powers to cleanse the Ghostlands and the Dead Scar.

This is also a way to introduce new lore and a new starting are for the blood elves. Nothing has been done (or very little) with either the blood elves or the draenei since late BC. Perfect opportunity to make new areas, lore, and race/class combos all-in-one.

Additions:
    - New Ghostlands/Dead Scar "healed" (Still few pockets of resistance).
    - Scorched Grove healing.
    - New race/class combo: Blood Elf Druid
    - New Draenei starting area/race-class combo to match.
    - Much needed advancement in lore for both races.

Travel form: Dragonhawk
    Bear form: Gold, red, orange-ish furred Grizzly Bear
    Cat form: Gold, red-ish Lynx
    Moonkin form: Gold, red-ish Moonkin (Much like NE Moonkin form, except with green eyes, etc).
    Flight form: Phoenix (Reg.), Armored Phoenix (Epic)

Furthermore, this is also a better way to advance the "less-corrupted" Blood Elf version Blizzard is aiming for, with the cleansed Sunwell. Blood Elves use the Fury of the Sun to cleanse the land and fight the enemies of Quel'Thalas and nature.

There is lore to support other classes. However, neither BC race has had a major update since the end of BC, and this is a perfect way to introduce new lore, and inject life into both races.
    THere you have it. Haven't expanded on it in a while, but I think I will, especially since it's a possibility Lor'themar could be Warchief soon!

EDIT: That concept was created before MoP was leaked/released, so I had no idea the Blood Elves were getting more screentime.

On the subject of other race/class combos, I want Troll Paladins. They are in the lore (Zandalari Freethinkers) and are NPCs (Zandalari Prelates use "Seal of the Loa", "Judgment of the Loa" and "Light of the Loa"). No retconning needed: After Mists, the remnants of the Zandalari are given amnesty and join their Darkspear brethren (and hey new models!) and bring with them some of the old ways. Makes more sense than Sunwalkers.

To compensate we'd need to give Alliance something. Maybe Gnome Shamans, since their Horde counterpart (i.e. Goblins) can be shamans, however that might require some retconning as Goblins IIRC basically trick elementals into serving them, and Gnomes wouldn't do that. Maybe like eco-friendly gnomes? If radiation can create toxic elementals, there could be some way for them to call elementals without being scumbags like Goblins. Maybe something related to the Dwarves, since Dwarves and Gnomes are friendly. Or maybe Hunters just for the lulz, and that could easily be explained like snipers, using their mechanical know-how to get to hard to reach places. If we ignore the in-game mechanics, their pets could lore-wise be mechanical animals.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-28 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    BTW just because someone use arcane magic, doesn't mean they are mages
    There's a reason why mages are called arcanists.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    You are basically saying that just because you don't like that they don't fit with you preconceived notions that the creators of the game shouldn't have designed the game the way they see fit?

I think goblin Shamans are hilariously appropriate. Shamanism *is* wheeling and dealing, and goblin totem-gadgets are genius!
    Blizzard did make retarded changes in the past (night elf mages), I don't have to agree with everything they do in the game. Lore-wise it's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Which is why the Forsaken are, as a race, dedicated to the Church of Shadow. Any Forsaken using the Light is not only seen as a martyr, but a sort of heretic as well. Lorewise, there are few, if any, Light-channeling Forsaken priests (Hell, Forsaken getting healed by the Light hurts almost as much as the wound they have). That Blue post (which was from an "Ask the CDevs!" thread) was to clear up anything concerning Forsaken and the Light.

On topic: Being an avid Blood Elf player/role-player (was a BE forever, went Alliance to raid), I have long thought of topics such as this. Let me link my thoughts on this (which also concerns the re-vamp of the BE/Draenei starting zones; funnily enough, I've made the exact, same thread before =D):

THere you have it. Haven't expanded on it in a while, but I think I will, especially since it's a possibility Lor'themar could be Warchief soon!

EDIT: That concept was created before MoP was leaked/released, so I had no idea the Blood Elves were getting more screentime.
    I wonder what a good Draenei/class combo you would suggest
    Perhaps a select group of Draenei Intelligence Officers (the first draenei rogues?)
    dare i even suggest a secret cabal of Draenei Warlocks who think that fel energies can be weilded without becoming Man'ari?