Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dumb shit you still do in game, despite knowing better.

So I'm a lefty, which means that most of my keybinds are focused on the number pad over on the right of the keyboard. And as you may know, having the num lock button OFF actually makes those keys do different things. Additionally, holding down any one of those buttons, then toggling num lock off will result in that button acting like it's held down.

At least every other play session, I'll depress some combination of keys while I'm flying, which makes me dismount and plummet to my death, without fail. Quite funny, if I do say so myself.

Anyhow, list some goofy things you still accidentally do, despite knowing better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyboard turn here and there.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Entering an instance while using Zen Flight and hovering up really high, and not paying close enough attention on exit of that instance to re-start Zen Flight when I appear in mid-air without it...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Auto-Run/Fly and forget I'm doing it only to come back way far from my target or dead from fatigue.

Log on.

Lol seriously though, tabbing out or walking away from the computer when i'm farming a rare.

I afk during lfr and let other people kill bosses for me, does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still looting Mark of the Illidari though I KNOW I can't sell them.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-08-29 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with a Razer Naga, and holding shift while pressing 6 is technically the right arrow key. If you are holding shift, pressing 6 and release shift before 6, you will be stuck keyboard turning until you press shift and 6 again while releasing 6 first.

So lame.

I've binded Bloodlust on shift+c and pot on shift+v
    now you can figure it out youself how that misclick sometimes happens ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting angry when we aren't progressing heroic constent as fast as we are capable or on the flip side wiping on farm content because people are padding or being lazy. Then I remind myself all over again it's just a game and there are more important things in life to stress about.

Deleted
    Using big cds by mistake and trying to summon my flying mount for about five minutes in Silvermoon/Tol Barad/Isle of Thunder etc.

Deleted
    Subscribe to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Respond to Trade chat. :p

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlayZin View Post
    I've binded Bloodlust on shift+c and pot on shift+v
    now you can figure it out youself how that misclick sometimes happens ^^
    a thousand times yes, I ran the same keybinds when i first started playing my shaman and have since then switched my potions to shift-3

Yesterday I went into a raid with some friends in my Assass spec and didn't notice until someone pointed it out that I still had glyph of KS on lol. And I had my ST/DT talents from a brawlers guild fight I'd been doing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    I play with a Razer Naga, and holding shift while pressing 6 is technically the right arrow key. If you are holding shift, pressing 6 and release shift before 6, you will be stuck keyboard turning until you press shift and 6 again while releasing 6 first.

So lame.
    It only does this if you have it set to num mode. I had to change up my bindings to use modifiers.

On topic: I get really indignant (proper word? lol) when someone tells me what to do (like a raid or guild leader for example) it's the primary reason I can't raid. Even being assigned to a group on LFR Lei Shen rustles my jimmies
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2013-08-29 at 03:35 AM.

I always forget to take utility or vanity trinkets off after using them-- The Super Simian Sphere, my Kirin Tor ring with the Dalaran portal... this usually results in me trying to puzzle out how my guildies beat me on the meters during, you know, Heroic Jin'Rokh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clicking abilities and hotkeys.

Dailies for lesser charms, I know theres better ways like grouping in barrens but I kinda like the solo challenge - and by challenge I mean super big chain pulls and smashing through it as quickly as possible
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Keyboard turn here and there.
    I keyboard turn a whole lot since my cursor is busy mouseover-ing all the time. I've been doing it since day 1 and I see no reason to stop or what is wrong about it. I even click my actionbars since I cba to have a whole list of commands hotkeyed and having to remember in the heat of battle which combination does what.