Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the buff is fucking retarded; they want to squish items/stats, just squish the bosses equally? it would be retarded that they actually redesigned all those old boss encounters to just make it able to solo it.

this is going to be horrible. I'm willing to see what this gives but hitting for 1000 seriously, i'm out then, i'm unsubbed as we speak but hoping to come back next expansion once that panda trash is burned down.

I'm both for and against the squish, it all depends on how they change the environment to match. Love it or hate it, soloing is a big part of WOW now, they've even added pets for us to grind in old raids, and the squish could negatively impact that if it's done incorrectly, or too severe.

The starting point will be interesting, because they can't do a flat reduction across the board, else low level character wont even be hitting for whole numbers. If they leave Vanilla alone, and then squish each expansion, we wont be "leaps and bounds" ahead of past expansion raids.

Anyway, I acknowledge it must be done, and the fact that Blizzard has acknowledged they don't want to ruin soloing... but buffing us inside old content is not an acceptable solution in my mind. They need to get the numbers right.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-08-29 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I am really concerned aboutthis statément:
    "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats."

Guys, guys listen. Guys...srsly guys listen! We're going to drop all the stats all over the place....and then give you a buff that overrides it!. #blizzlogic

10+ Year Old Account
    main reason we need item squish ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    Guys, guys listen. Guys...srsly guys listen! We're going to drop all the stats all over the place....and then give you a buff that overrides it!. #blizzlogic
    I love when people criticize "blizzlogic" and reveal their complete ignorance and inability to reason.

Deleted
    Amazing simply amazing ... how many people only read and understand half of the thing and start bitching and moaning, even "quitting the game if they do this".
    They have already stated, they will ADJUST EVERYTHING, they won't take soloing away, if you are able to solo something now, you will be able to do it when the squish happens, do people use logic anymore?

As for the numbers I'm hoping for BC numbers but even that may not be possible let alone vanilla, given the amount of content wrath is more likely.
    It's pretty retarded atm and if they don't do something about it, well imagine reading 1472383 when a spell hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Beware of Deathwing, the Destroyer of Worlds! He has One Thousand HP ! !.
    And in that scenario you will probably hit for 3-4 damage. Do you feel better inside if you see him have 1000000000 hp and you hitting for 3000000? Easier on the eye.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2013-08-29 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    But please, don't bother reading and turning on your brain, just respond with the expected "lol ur stupid" and "lrn2math" nonsense you ignorant fools (who ironically yourselves cannot "math"), have been saying throughout the thread.
    Because reading is hard for you quite obviously, here's a recap:

Multiple blue posts have said they do not change the ability to solo old content. If necessary they'll throw in a buff to players to fix it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    now i get it thank thats all i need to now
    but i gotta say that i dont want an item squish but if the games will function better with it it im down

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some people want to think they'll decrease player power and thus kill soloing.

I say that's a waste of time and Blizzard could never realistically do that due to the backlash. Even if they did, it'd be like the RealID fiasco where the rage is too big and it'd have to be reverted.

I say, just a certain percentage across the board so everything is weaker while the player power remains exactly the same.
    Ghostcrawler already said that in no way would they kill soloing. he said if anything they'd give us a buff when we walked into old raids that boosted us to where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Skymane View Post
    the buff is fucking retarded; they want to squish items/stats, just squish the bosses equally? it would be retarded that they actually redesigned all those old boss encounters to just make it able to solo it.

this is going to be horrible. I'm willing to see what this gives but hitting for 1000 seriously, i'm out then, i'm unsubbed as we speak but hoping to come back next expansion once that panda trash is burned down.
    To everyone saying this: they ARE nerfing the old boss encounters. What they were saying was, IF for some reason soloing is STILL affected, they can always do something like a buff to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues about a squish at all. As much as I like big numbers it can get very complex and difficult to calculate on the fly.

As long as solo'ing isn't affected then idc how they do it. They can buff it or drop the bosses and mobs down. Don't matter to me.

Soooo doing the new xpac content we will be doing +/- 2k DPS and doing older (Panda) content we are doing 200k DPS. Wonder how that works out....

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Soooo doing the new xpac content we will be doing +/- 2k DPS and doing older (Panda) content we are doing 200k DPS. Wonder how that works out....
    You won't be doing 200k anywhere anymore but 2k when the next expansion comes out. That's how it'll work out.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    TL;DR = " Im dumb, I cant comprehend that blizzard has already thought of this and clearly as a plan in mind to prevent everything I just mentioned from negatively impacting the game. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

But can you nerf every player without in anyway effecting soloing low level content? Keep everything the same but the numbers?
    "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats." (Source)
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Because reading is hard for you quite obviously, here's a recap:

Multiple blue posts have said they do not change the ability to solo old content. If necessary they'll throw in a buff to players to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor20k View Post
    Ghostcrawler already said that in no way would they kill soloing. he said if anything they'd give us a buff when we walked into old raids that boosted us to where we are today.
    Last time I checked, blizzard isn't an omnipotent entity with the ability to fundamentally alter mathematics. And cool, a buff in old raids, that doesn't affect the over world so your soloing will still be impacted whenever you're not in a raid (Doom Lord Kazzak, "powering" through quests/low-level non-raid instances for a lowbie friend, grinding old world mats, etc.). Not to mention buffing players to "fix it" is just going to cause the same issues with their "code" not being able to "compile the numbers". But hey, thanks for not bothering to actually read what I was writing and keeping your heads shoved firmly in the dirt of willful ignorance and/or blind, unthinking faith in Blizzard. It's hilarious how many simple problems with easy solutions Blizzard fucks up/ignores and you lot are sitting here arguing they can get this right, even though it's mathematically not possible.

</broken record>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Last time I checked, blizzard isn't an omnipotent entity with the ability to fundamentally alter mathematics. And cool, a buff in old raids, that doesn't affect the over world so your soloing will still be impacted whenever you're not in a raid (Doom Lord Kazzak, "powering" through quests/low-level non-raid instances for a lowbie friend, grinding old world mats, etc.). Not to mention buffing players to "fix it" is just going to cause the same issues with their "code" not being able to "compile the numbers". But hey, thanks for not bothering to actually read what I was writing and keeping your heads shoved firmly in the dirt of willful ignorance and/or blind, unthinking faith in Blizzard. It's hilarious how many simple problems with easy solutions Blizzard fucks up/ignores and you lot are sitting here arguing they can get this right, even though it's mathematically not possible.

</broken record>
    Why dont you just let Blizzard solve it? Im pretty sure they wont break the game as you might think. So just wait and see for yourself? "mathematically not possible"... ./faceplam

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Why dont you just let Blizzard solve it? Im pretty sure they wont break the game as you might think. So just wait and see for yourself? "mathematically not possible"... ./faceplam
    But it's going to take him two hits to kill a low level quest mob! The game is RUUUUUINED!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    What I think is most likely to happen is that there will be random Cata/MoP mobs that will be bugged and will be 1 or 2-shotting players....it's going to be like CRZ, but worse. :P And like almost everything released in WoW, there'll be a few month period of things being broken on live before everything's working correctly.

Go ahead and item squish, I couldn't care less wether I hit for 1mil or 1k, content will be scaled down anyway; so good job blizz, you got my support

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem that I will have with a squish is if they do it in a way that I can't grind old content. If you enter a dungeon, and your gear scales down to level, I will be pa pa pa pisssssed.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.