Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadow Negativity

As I level my Shadow Priest and after getting Prayer of Mending I have noticed in PvP and PvE my healing done has significantly spiked upwards while maintaining my high damage done by simply applying Renew+PoM when I can not cast anything else anyway or by investing a global other wise would have gone to Mind Flay.

My question is it seems to me SP bring so much to the table yet so many posts are negative....Why? What am I missing?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As I level my Shadow Priest and after getting Prayer of Mending I have noticed in PvP and PvE my healing done has significantly spiked upwards while maintaining my high damage done by simply applying Renew+PoM when I can not cast anything else anyway or by investing a global other wise would have gone to Mind Flay.

My question is it seems to me SP bring so much to the table yet so many posts are negative....Why? What am I missing?
    I can only say you will notice things when growing stronger. You get a aoe spell later on which makes aoeibgbin dung non excisting. Just hold your opinion till your 90.

Seeing how I think SP is powerful and adds amazing utility to groups now, what you are saying is at 90 I will think the opposite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Seeing how I think SP is powerful and adds amazing utility to groups now, what you are saying is at 90 I will think the opposite?
    You get outshined by almost every other class. That's what happens at 90

You might be missing that other classes and specs will get stronger as well and you will definitively see the loss in damage for spending GCDs on non-damage abilities when comparing yourself to others.

We got renew and PoM, we should be happy with the class and spec.

My warrior tank up to level 78 ish could solo any dungeon that I was high enough level to get quests for, while doing ridiculous DPS even compared to other tanks. Then it hit a bit of a brick wall and by 90 it feels weak, especially compared to my DK or Pala tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Helycon View Post
    You get outshined by almost every other class. That's what happens at 90
    This. We are the middle of the pack. We do nothing poor but nothing well.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    We got renew and PoM, we should be happy with the class and spec.
    POM, Renew and PW:Shield....all great, 3 globals, and with one Obliterate from a frost DK, which could be an instant, is completly for naught. At 90 Shadow Priests are typically the go to target and will drop fast. Our healing is not all that great. Other classes have much better healing and dps then us (ferals, monks). Correct me if I am wrong, Shadow Priests in PVP have a pretty high skill cap. A lot of our utility did get nerfed. Void Shift, MD, healing nerf. When we had all that I would agree (be happy with the class) now we are low-middle of the pact I would say, and an easy kill target if trained by a skilled meele.

To the OP: Take frost dks at low lvl bgs, insane. At 90, they are good, just like most classes. Wait until 90, then make your opinion again

Can't wait until 5.4, hopefully some of those single tgt buffs stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    We Mind Flay well.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Well yes, we do poor single target damage. And poor damage on the move.

My level 80 Boomkin crits for 3 times the mobs health and 1 rejuvenate tick does 33% of my health. Leveling doesn't always correlate to endgame :P
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Well yes, we do poor single target damage. And poor damage on the move.
    There are classes that are worse than us.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    We Mind Flay well.
    We look pretty, too.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    We look pretty, too.
    I can live with that!

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    We look pretty, too.
    We undead do, rest of them I'm not so sure about :P
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

at level 1 priests can't 1 shot critters with autoattack. buff pls.

Deleted
    If there is ever another boss like Yogg Saron, where you can't look at it during specific times, you got many adds and you can game ToF, you'll get your time to shine.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    If there is ever another boss like Yogg Saron, where you can't look at it during specific times, you got many adds and you can game ToF, you'll get your time to shine.
    Cheesing the Lunatic Gaze on Yogg was skill, who would have known you can Mind Flay backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    You can snipe ToF with Renew/PoM yknow. Now, I accept there aren't many encounters where that's very viable (5.4's buff to 35% should make it easier though) but it's still a good way to get it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s