Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Taran Zhu survives Gorehowl!

[During the vision of Stormwind] His belly is covered in bandages.
    Now why would anyone be covered in bandages right before being impaled on a wooden spike?
    Cuz he was recovering from the injury!

Booyah!
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-08-30 at 01:01 PM.

Did anyone ever say he died?

Deleted
    damned, garrosh just kill your fricking enemies.

first anduin, now taran zhu.
    heck i doubt you can even wipe on him with such a track record.

garrosh: HAHA i see your down wounded, so now im gonna walk away so you can heal up and return too fight me once more! HAHA im so brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it wasn't Gorehowl, but a replica.
    But even if he died, what would stop Garrosh from impaling him in Stormwind anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    Did anyone ever say he died?
    being pulled mid-air and impaled on a demon killing weapon?
    hmmm

No one said he was dead, there's even voice files for Taran before the trailer was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Also, it wasn't Gorehowl, but a replica.
    I'm sure it was meant to be Gorehowl. Blizzard has said (think it was Dave Kosak) that they just messed up cuz the item ids are very similar and just didn't notice.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=28773/gorehowl#.

Garrosh stabbed him with the flat 'Head' of Gorehowl. Some blade undoubtedly cut in, but the wound wouldn't be lethal.

Garrosh actually improperly using a frickin' axe should be more of a scandal.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Good point, Noise. That bit of blade would merely cut through some of Taran's big pandaren stomach, nowhere near lethal if treated. Garrosh is just dumb to not finish off his enemies and instead leaving them to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    being pulled mid-air and impaled on a demon killing weapon?
    hmmm
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Taran Zhu lives, and you'll be able to rescue him in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. He got worked over pretty bad, though. (Source)
    how many times is he gonna limp off with a moral wound to the abdomen? I know he's chubby but come on!
    Protective layer of panda fat. No wonder they make such great tanks. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-30 at 07:12 AM.

I imagine the Shasplosion probably did more than the axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    In the 5.4 trailer, Garrosh isn't wielding Gorehowl, he's wielding the Warsong Howling Axe. Why is this? Did you guys screw up?
    Wrong axe was just an oversight. Similar models with similar filenames. Need to hire @lorelai1518 onto the cinematics team. (Source)
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Dave Kosak explained why. I think the Warsong Howling Axe was the "original" Gorehowl, and a later version - the one we know - was made afterwards. In the files, both are named Gorehowl.

The Warsong Howling Axe is named Axe_2h_gorehowl_c_01
    The 'proper' Gorehowl is named Axe_2h_gorehowl_d_01

Even if he died, any priest, druid, shaman, pala or dk could have just resurrected him... Or he might have had a soulstone from a warlock friend. Or anyone in a level 25 guild could have just spare several seconds to bring him back from the dead...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Even if he died, any priest, druid, shaman, pala or dk could have just resurrected him... Or he might have had a soulstone from a warlock friend. Or anyone in a level 25 guild could have just spare several seconds to bring him back from the dead...
    Lies !

Anyways, Garrosh kept Taran Zhu alive so he could tell the tale what Garrosh has done, as Garrosh is counting on it for us to come for him.

Deleted
    meh, can't the damn panda just die???

Garrish, I am disapoint!!

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You have just discovered Garrosh' deep hiding secret. He adores panda's! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    [During the vision of Stormwind] His belly is covered in bandages.
    Now why would anyone be covered in bandages right before being impaled on a wooden spike?
    Cuz he was recovering from the injury! Booyah!
    More like he's dieing inside the Soo, untill Cho Lorewalker found him and sent him to the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28773/gorehowl#.

Garrosh stabbed him with the flat 'Head' of Gorehowl. Some blade undoubtedly cut in, but the wound wouldn't be lethal.

Garrosh actually improperly using a frickin' axe should be more of a scandal.
    He wanted him alive to see the world fall before the horde.
    Aye mate

Rule of thumb in storytelling: Do not assume someone is dead until you see a corpse, or a severed head. If they are breathing in the last shot you see of them, they survived.
    I actually called this on facebook when I saw the trailer.

That said, can I just say how stupid Garrosh AND Taran Zhu were in that trailer? Why confront a whole Kor'kron regiment on your own? Why not bring the ENTIRE Shado-Pan? Why not ask the Alliance to show up as well?
    And in case of Garrosh, why not ignore him while your Kor'kron guards dogpile him? Why engage him in single combat? Because he insulted your daddy? Dude needs anger management training. (by which I mean an axe to the brains)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Strong is plot armor with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Am pretty sure when the camera pulls out you see Orcs and Pandaren fighting.

Also, perhaps some Shado-Pan occupied the rest of the Kork'ron to buy Taran Zhu time to attack him, a distraction attack. The Korkron wouldnt defend Garrosh as they know he can handle himself, and the Shado-Pan htink of Taran Zhu as their best warrior, so won't think he needs much support. Zhu had never seen Garrosh in action before, so probably though he could take him, the speech confirms this a little. As for single combat on Garrosh's behalf? He is many things, but he is not a coward, he still has some honour in his mind regarding duels and fighting a worthy foe one on one.

All in all, makes sense to me.
    I must've missed the background pandas, then. I take that bit back.