Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Galakras Preview, Solo Heroic Stone Guard 10, Battlefield: Barrens Update, Blue Posts

New Reaper of Souls Info, Blue Posts, Console Version Playtesting Highlights and Review

Puzzles and Hearthstone

Patch 5.4 - Galakras Preview
    Galakras is the fifth boss in the Siege of Orgrimmar. The encounter takes place near the dock outside of Orgrimmar.

Solo - Heroic Stone Guard 10 Player
    Maebybabe, an item level 548 Monk was able to solo Heroic Stone Guard 10 Player difficulty.

Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon - Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?
    Also, titles account-wide pretty please?
    Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens. Think of the action in those areas as exclusive for where we are at this point in the game (not unlike the gathering quests for Ahn'Qiraj and the Scourge Event before Wrath of the Lich King).

Crithto: I have an alt, a pally I am levelling. What I wanted to do was give her the tokens (she has them) then with the BOA mojo, send those to her so she had a 489 starter set.
    I was *really* hoping yall would at least consider making the radical mojo's BoA so that we could complete our sets at the very least.
    I would simply like to ask that you reconsider this. At least make the Radical Mojo BOA. Please.
    Please know that I completely understand how you guys are feeling about this and have several alts I've been working on, too. But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

For those seeking opportunities to provide your alts with gear, the Timeless Isle will be your new favorite place to visit. The tokens you can find there are BoA before being used, and can be passed to any of your alts to generate an item for his/her spec. The gear you create will be item-level 496, and as you progress through the Isle, you will also have the chance to upgrade them to item-level 535.

Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mastery Enchants on Characters Under Level 80
    We're actually modifying Windsong to not proc Mastery for players below level 80. It will always proc either Crit or Haste.

For flat Mastery enchants... maybe don't put them on characters that don't have Mastery yet. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Connected Realms and Faction Balance
    While faction balance is one of the factors that will be taken into account when deciding on which realms we will connect, we will most likely not see a perfect faction balance on the connected realms in the end. The reason for this is that the Alliance is generally the most popular faction on PvE realms, while it is the Horde that is the most popular on PvP realms... and we cannot connect PvE with PvP realms. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Arena Pass Title and Pet
    The rated phase has ended, but the plan is to keep the realms up for a while. It is no longer possible to do games that count towards the pet or title.
    Just highlighting this to ensure that everyone is aware that the rated phase has now concluded. Any games that are played outside of the rated phase won't count towards the pet or title reward, so you can't gain credit towards either of these anymore.

Just so you know though; the realm will be sticking around for a while yet, so you can definitely feel free to sign up and play some epic PvP action! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Elemental Shaman RNG
    Isnt half the problem the mastery duplicate coupled with haste induced ticks on their flame shock giving so many free instants? echo of elements was only half the issue.
    Several things compounded to create the complaints that we have been seeing for Elemental Shamans, Echo of Elements and Lava Surge procs as well as the mastery spell duplication were all parts of it. We nerfed Echo of Elements to take the edge off of extreme elemental burst situations and we will continue monitoring every class and make changes as we feel they are needed.

RNG in PvP such as the procs listed above for Elemental Shamans is something that our developers are having ongoing discussions about. In the long run what we want to accomplish is to limit the excessive cases when and wherever possible, such as we did with Echo of Elements. The developers recognize and understand that some players would prefer there to be no randomness in PvP at all, but we don't feel that this would result in good gameplay overall.

But there needs to be a limit to it, ele shamans right now aren't fun to play against.
    We entirely agree and this is the kind of RNG that we are referring to when I said "excessive cases when and wherever possible". To try and combat that extreme and random burst that comes from Elemental Shamans we nerfed Echo of the Elements and feel that this should help deal with the the extreme cases of RNG for them. We will be keeping an eye on RNG in PvP and continue to discuss ways in which we can deal with any extreme cases that arise. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Chaos Bolt Buff
    We agree that Destruction is a bit low in 5.4. We also recognize that, particularly after the Kil'Jaeden's Cunning changes, Chaos Bolt has become a "riskier" spell to cast. To both ends, we think a Chaos Bolt buff is in order. We're going to bring it up by 15% and see where that puts things.

Our general philosophy for Destruction in 5.4 is that casting Chaos Bolt can be tricky sometimes -- working around interrupts and LOS in PvP, or sneaking them in between periods of movement in PvE -- but when the cast goes off, it hurts. A lot. We do have to be careful not to push things TOO far, but we'll see how things go from here.

This change was applied via hotfix sometime yesterday, so it should already be live on the PTR if you'd like to get some testing in. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Guild Wars 2 - The First Year
    Earlier this week ArenaNet put up a blog post about the first year of GW2, which includes a nice infographic with lots of big numbers. Be sure to check in with our friends over at GW2Guru to keep updated on changes to the game, such as Super Adventure Box returning!

>trash wars

lol 99% of it's sales were done instantly, and they didn't count the millions of refunds they had to do. game's deader than dead.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ah, so Vereesa's in the Galakras encounter too eh, neat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    >trash wars

lol 99% of it's sales were done instantly, and they didn't count the millions of refunds they had to do. game's deader than dead.
    well, no that is in no way truth. plenty of people bought it after launch, and there is still so very very many players on daliy, i still have to wait in qut to join the real server almost any time of the day. Dont make stupid facs up just because you disslike the game

Deleted
    Who cares how many copies were sold? Can they tell how many people play it right now exactly? Thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dont think any body really cares on a pve realm which faction has more but on pvp realms yeah I can understand that complaint, I am horde but I get how alliance can feel about being outnumbered specially in open world pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Who cares how many copies were sold? Can they tell how many people play it right now exactly? Thought so.
    Reading is hard? It says there are 460.000+ players online at any given time.

Edit: Hmmmm seems I can't read myself, it doesn't say 'at any given time' but 'at one time'... Sketchy info... Probably the highest peak they've had? Anyway, the number is totally irrelevant because it would have occured at release.
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2013-08-30 at 08:26 AM.

"For flat Mastery enchants... maybe don't put them on characters that don't have Mastery yet."

Blizzard suggesting people apply common sense? PREPOSTEROUS!
    But seriously, game designers shouldn't be trying to fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    well, no that is in no way truth. plenty of people bought it after launch, and there is still so very very many players on daliy, i still have to wait in qut to join the real server almost any time of the day. Dont make stupid facs up just because you disslike the game
    I really don't care about numbers on any game, as long as I enjoy it, I may very well be the only player... But my personal experience with Guild Wars 2 is that everyone who bought it, stopped after the firs 2 weeks.
    I wanted it to be good, I really did but there were so many issues with it (like characters seeming floaty, on another layer than the world around them) that I simply couldn't play it. I also pre-ordered it, payed 65 euros online and after that my country got demoted to t2 and a boxed copy was 30 euros. Couldn't even get a refund for that ><.

Deleted
    Half of these numbers are made up.

3.5 million shipped copies does not equal sold copies. Also their 400k, is the amount of people that log on within a 24 hour period.
    (400k per 24 hours is nothing for an mmo, if it really were that succesful it would be 3x as much).

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Half of these numbers are made up.

3.5 million shipped copies does not equal sold copies. Also their 400k, is the amount of people that log on within a 24 hour period.
    (400k per 24 hours is nothing for an mmo, if it really were that succesful it would be 3x as much).
    Source?

Because I see stats from other MMOs like star wars, rift and even WoW that people take the devs word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    >trash wars

We may never know how many got a refund out of the the iniatial 3M sales, to me it really doesn't matter anyway as the game isn't as packed as people say it is. Its still didn't live up to the hype to me, but for the people who enjoy a very casual thats there choice honestly.

GW2 still prbly has one of the best buisness models.

I still play GW2 now and then, it's pretty good.

This solo shows that there is something wrong with the game. When have players abilities ( yes it takesa ton of skill also) get to the point that this is possible....no heroic boss should ever be able to be soloed

>trash wars

I actually think GW2 was one of the better non-WoW MMOs I've played, but it definitely had its issues. First and foremost for me I thought the gear path was vaguely defined. Also moving away from the holy trinity was a laudable goal but they kind of replaced it with nothing else, a lot of the dungeons felt like zergs, I didn't feel like I had a specific function (beyond "hit stuff"). Also being limited to 10 abilities made me feel crippled. It's nice to avoid button bloat but there was no wiggle room for situational abilities (tying ability sets to weapons was interesting though). Also WoW's combat has a nice move-countermove feeling to it, but with no trinkets and few proper stuns or crowd control, I often felt like I wasn't able to "respond" to anything, it was just a case of keep hitting until it dies. He's casting something? Can't do much (beyond dodging, which I kind of liked as a system). Pulled an add? Just have to hit them both.

Oh this sounds very negative. But I've dabbled in a few other MMOs over the years and this one did pull me in for awhile.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right ... Vengeance doesn't need nerfing at all say the tanks ...

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought it and quit within the first week, same with 5 people I know, one of the worst games I've ever played in the MMO world, a game like Aion which was on the same engine I guess?? was 10 times better than this clusterfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many wow bummers getting pissy over GW2, sad.

That's why I hate when mmo-c puts non-wow news on the frontpage, most of the comments become the "this game sucks" X "this game doesn't suck" argument.

If you guys like WoW and not gw2, comment about the WoW part of the news and stop baiting people into arguments. If you like gw2, just ignore the rambling of the haters and be happy your favorite game is doing well enough.
    Last edited by Kalx; 2013-08-30 at 10:48 AM.

Guild wars 2 is a great game.
    It's just a bit too blurry on several aspects.
    Ex: You don't really get a feel of how to progress and get gear because the world is so open
    You don't get a good feel of how your spec is. There's no dps meters, no real way to gauge your contribution in a team. If I didn't play WoW for so long I wouldn't mind. But unfortunately, wow got me addicted to min/maxing