Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love all the people that don't read more than part of the original post or skim over it and come to grand conclusions. Also, people that treat this on the basis of "if this is a legit leak, it HAS to read and look exactly like a box cover info or it's 100% fake".

There are plenty of things to doubt, there's no way imo that this is 100% real, BUT:

- it's supposed to be 2nd hand/3rd hand information by the sound of it, much of it is just written by the person him-/herself, very obviously so. Don't doubt it because it doesn't sound like a Blizzard statement, it's not

- early development stage: even if something legit got out about the expansion now or recently or a few months ago, it would very likely not know all the context and details and also very probably report details that are subject to change

- Abyssal Maw: whether it's a dungeon or a raid doesn't make much difference lore-wise, the story told will be the same, and is the reason why it was shelved then. Also I believe there were always plans for a Maw raid. What u are talking about has nothing to do with the Maw itself, which is plain and simple - the elemental plane of water.

- would people please use their heads? Assume this is a real leak - then assume that not everything mentioned is finished, polished, accurately named or completely accurately reported - "heroic Azjol Nerub dungeon" can mean sooo many things. Again Azjol-Nerub was a ZONE that was scrapped/shelved, it can very very simply be a name for "that dungeon we're making in that zone that we haven'T named yet". If real, it's very likely NOT another version of the WotLK dungeon. Use your head please.

- for Pete's sake people, READ - it has already been stated by another user that HE/SHE faked that "leak" about MoP. Would you people please use some logic here? You're assuming that two people that posted anonymously years apart with leaks/predictions (something thousands do) are automatically supposed to be the same person - are you daft? There is absolutely no evidence for it in fact the current "leak" doesn't claim it all, just says "here we go again" which a lot of you infer to be "oh it's THAT guy" - at which point pretty much all of you have some kind of leak from some other person in your heads". You have either been successfully trolled, or maybe:

- it doesn't matter one inkling who or what posted this. You cannot, and will not ever, prove this is legit or that any of the previous "leaks" from other people were legit, and not in fact just good speculation and lore-work. No person has ever come forth by name, and will not. So stop trying to compare a "leak" from an anonymous person to another anonymous person. You will not arrive at any conclusion that satisfies you or other readers.

- and for the last time @ those that fail at reading comprehension: the original post states "NO 4th spec". Also, sub-races. If real, would mean a much bigger change and perk for everyone than one new race. Think about it, and stop saying "if expac x did this, future expac y has to do this" - nonsense, and btw the last thing Blizzard wants, they want to change it up a little and keep their product interesting, not stale.

Again, i'm just defending logic here. There are many things to be doubted lorewise, but stop saying things like "gameplay features suck" or "i don't like this so it's BS" *smacks head into table*.
    Again, just in terms of the overall package, the theme, the zones, many things actually - it's very plausible. Yet noone will prove or disprove it, which makes it, at the very least, some very good speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    And if that is Path of the Titans, it sounds terrible.... seems like guild leveling perks but for your own personal account.
    that's basically what it is. Doesn't sound too great to be honest. No choice, nothing to make you feel special.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    - it doesn't matter one inkling who or what posted this. You cannot, and will not ever, prove this is legit or that any of the previous "leaks" from other people were legit, and not in fact just good speculation and lore-work. No person has ever come forth by name, and will not. So stop trying to compare a "leak" from an anonymous person to another anonymous person. You will not arrive at any conclusion that satisfies you or other readers.
    This. People should step back and remember this part.

And also, the sub-races thing, if true, would be pretty cool. Maybe like different skins/textures for each race (though not sure how that affects animations...). So if I chose Dwarf, I could be a Dark Iron Dwarf? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    And if that is Path of the Titans, it sounds terrible.... seems like guild leveling perks but for your own personal account, which imo is just shallow and uninspired.
    Well I'm not arguing for or against it, but aren't guild perks by their nature really about personal toon application? I mean, during Cata, people swelled into big guilds to get the perks for themselves, not the guild. Crushed the social nature of many guilds to be sure, all in the name of personal advantage. So in this case, it is just overt about it.

No big deal. Players are self-centered in general in this community anyhow - why put up a ruse?

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Well I'm not arguing for or against it, but aren't guild perks by their nature really about personal toon application? I mean, during Cata, people swelled into big guilds to get the perks for themselves, not the guild. Crushed the social nature of many guilds to be sure, all in the name of personal advantage. So in this case, it is just overt about it.

No big deal. Players are self-centered in general in this community anyhow - why put up a ruse?
    Huh? I'm wasn't trying to argue whether or not its good/bad that guild perks or any other path of the titan perks are about personal toon application. Almost everything in this game applies to personal characters or accounts, otherwise people wouldn't really want to be involved. It's just the way it is. (I probably explained myself poorly in my original post.)

While it's almost pointless for me to speculate on this supposed leak, I was simply stating that the way he explained path of the titans, it just seemed like a rehash of guild perks, and not really all that interesting. I'm cool with something that applies to my account, but what he described didn't seem all that interesting.

I think a lot of people consider the guild perks thing from Cata more or less a failure... everyone just rushed to level 25 to get the perks, and that's it.. nothing beyond that. And like you said, it was just for themselves -- sure it got people to join guilds (and maybe that helped the social aspect some?) but that's about it. In the beginning when you needed the XP to level the guild, yeah then maybe it helped. But now that everyone is capped at 25, it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by tusker; 2013-08-28 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    account wide legacy system, similar to SWTOR but for the WHOLE game and not just Kilrogg or Moonrunner or whatever server you're on.

hmm... Blizzard Store legacy unlocks. you can still earn them in-game through various means of personal progression, or you can jump the line and buy them in the Blizzard Store for real money.

Example: big long assed lvl capped quest chain to unlock level 10 mounts, or a 10 dollar one time purchase in the store.
    Another: Collect the full set of 1-85 BOA armor (chest/shoulders/trinkets upgraded) and get the ability to pull them out on any server, or 20 bucks and you can get the whole set from Blizzard Store.

ITS A NEW ERA OF PAY... wait... its not Pay to Win, it's Pay for Quality of Life Changes... P2QOLC... extremely similar to Hearthstone's booster system
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    that's basically what it is. Doesn't sound too great to be honest. No choice, nothing to make you feel special.
    If you want to feel special, hire a therapist.

The point would be if there is any actual benefit to doing any of the work to achieve those ends with Path of the Titans.

Everything there is bullshit and wild guesses except for the title. Unfortunately before making stuff up the poster failed to even research what "The Dark Below" even was according to the Wow lore. A place inhabited by demons and separate from the twisting nether and the burning legion.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below

Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post
    Everything there is bullshit and wild guesses except for the title. Unfortunately before making stuff up the poster failed to even research what "The Dark Below" even was according to the Wow lore. A place inhabited by demons and separate from the twisting nether and the burning legion.

I fear your own research is off here, Jetriot. For one thing, WoWPedia is the new WoWWiki, ever since most of the latter's editors left WoWWiki to found WoWPedia. You'll find it is much more accurately updated. Blizzard refers people to the new one too.

Secondly, The Dark Below you refer to is from the RPG Books, which have been confirmed to be non-canon. Blizzard has stated that you shouldn't consider the information in them an accurate part of lore. The Dark Below is a name that has come up before in the game as a few hints, but not in relation to demons.

The discussion of what The Dark Below is has raged plenty on the forums, since the name was first announced. The information in this "leak" would seem to match the common conclusions of what it might be. You can't just leap in here and claim it all bullshit, I fear.

In the end, we'll just have to wait and see.

Real or not, I will admit, I love the idea, that's an expansion I'd play.

Deleted
    To complement Ozumat's title "Fiend of the Dark Below" and Erudax's title "The Duke of Below" here's a line about the Faceless Ones in Warcraft III.

"Yet, as Anub'arak and Arthas journeyed ever deeper into these ruins, they found that the lower regions of the kingdom had become infested by "ancient, horrid things", as the dwarf leader Baelgun had described them, released from the dark below by the earthquakes that were being caused by Illidan's sorcery."

It literally says that the Faceless Ones came from the dark below. We know that the faceless ones work for the old gods and are working with the naga and that together with Ozumat's title would make it a naga/old god expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    account wide legacy system, similar to SWTOR but for the WHOLE game and not just Kilrogg or Moonrunner or whatever server you're on.

hmm... Blizzard Store legacy unlocks. you can still earn them in-game through various means of personal progression, or you can jump the line and buy them in the Blizzard Store for real money.

Example: big long assed lvl capped quest chain to unlock level 10 mounts, or a 10 dollar one time purchase in the store.
    Another: Collect the full set of 1-85 BOA armor (chest/shoulders/trinkets upgraded) and get the ability to pull them out on any server, or 20 bucks and you can get the whole set from Blizzard Store.

ITS A NEW ERA OF PAY... wait... its not Pay to Win, it's Pay for Quality of Life Changes... P2QOLC... extremely similar to Hearthstone's booster system
    ... and here we have someone who took this seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    ... and here we have someone who took this seriously.
    I'm just sayin that could be the future of Path of the Titans.

Legacy system from SWTOR

Cash Cow waiting to be milked
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Interesting. I may come back from my break from wow early if even a portion of this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post

Really ironic, considering you can't failed to do research yourself.

Path of the titan cant be implimented for several reasons.

1: The guild system replaced most of the ideas with Path of The titans.
    2: What else can be added to not cause confusion?
    3: Why waste precious development time on something that they have tried before, didnt work and scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually wrong Nazaraki, Path of the Titans was intended to be a mix between a new secondary profession and meta levels for your character/account. At one point they were talking about it being something "along the lines of archaeology". So no, not replaced by the guild leveling system at all.

I don't understand your 2nd point? You can't imagine any new rewards?

It's not scrapped, just like Abyssal Maw isn't, and many other features. They are SHELVED for possibly readressing them in a future patch/expansion. The problem with the community is that it knows too much of Blizzard's iteration process and draws the wrong conclusions.

Deleted
    OP describes Path of Titans as a account wide progression system that allows getting new perks for having more characters. MoP was very alt-unfriendly so It is possible that they will add something similar in next expansion. For anyone wondering how it could work - check out legacy system from SWTOR.

As for the underwater zones that everyone hates so much - the fact that they would be under water does not mean they have to be swimming zones with 3d movement. It might as well be a zone under a bubble that has air and there would be no swimming.

Deleted
    If this is true, i'm quite convinced he works for blizzard. Or he is just very, very good at speculating. I'm excited

Not very impressed with the rumoured 'next' expansion leaks...

-I'm allready lost in the 'story'... it's build by and build for lore fanatics?
    -No new class? Would love to see them introduce a new hybrid caster/healing/tanking class

But i do appreciate the fact they would introduce that many new and diverse levelling zones. Also leveling 10 levels instead of only 5, sounds like a great idea...