Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    There's no fight it 'sucks' on but there are quite a few fights where the other specs take a pretty distant lead.
    Due to the stupidity of UVLS yes, apart from that its actually incredibly close.

So I have a quick question. What's the trick on horridon/h horridon to be the best spec for the fight. I know I see all these logs of destro locks pulling 3-500k meanwhile I only do a paltry 200k. Which for my gear level (rocking 538) seems quite low. I know my main strategy has been keep RoF up as long as I can but admittedly this part might not be in my control as the off tank is always moving it. Using havoc CBs whenever it's up because with our raid comp the second something hits 20% you maybe get a single gcd but alot of times no. SBing whenever I do see a 20% mob. And finally if we start getting overrun switch to FNB. Reason I ask is in the next coming weeks guild will be trying H horridon and want to actually pull my weight instead of losing to a combat rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    So I have a quick question. What's the trick on horridon/h horridon to be the best spec for the fight. I know I see all these logs of destro locks pulling 3-500k meanwhile I only do a paltry 200k. Which for my gear level (rocking 538) seems quite low. I know my main strategy has been keep RoF up as long as I can but admittedly this part might not be in my control as the off tank is always moving it. Using havoc CBs whenever it's up because with our raid comp the second something hits 20% you maybe get a single gcd but alot of times no. SBing whenever I do see a 20% mob. And finally if we start getting overrun switch to FNB. Reason I ask is in the next coming weeks guild will be trying H horridon and want to actually pull my weight instead of losing to a combat rogue.
    Consider using FnB more than Chaos Bolts. Try and use Havoc on SBs rather that CBolts. (Even getting off only 2 SBs w/ Havoc is better than 1 CBolts) Tell your tank to not move around so much if possible. If you're swimming in embers use FnB-CoE. Try and keep Immo/FnB-Immo up for more RoF damage and Ember gen.

Deleted
    Its a dumb fight because it promotes the most utterly retarded gameplay you can think of.

Shadowburn execute with havoc.

Fire and Brimstone incin / conflag when there is enough adds to sustain it

Keep up immolate on everything with fire and brimstone.

Save Dark soul for when the adds are as packed as possible / Execute on horridon

Dont single target anything that isint horridon.

Aka - Be a scumbag, thats how you get big damage on that encounter.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-18 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah that's the spirit, too bad Chaos bolt is so noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Aka - Be a scumbag, thats how you get big damage on that encounter.
    That's how you get big damage on ANY encounter. If you seriously want to compete for ranks, then you'll pretty much *have* to resort to "special" tactics; the other top rankers certainly will. Once guilds have bosses on farm for this long, you can hardly fail anymore - and the silliness starts. I suppose you could just keep Horridon around on the last door, letting it get healed up over and over while you leech numbers off of the big debuff. It'll totally mean you win at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    just keep Horridon around on the last door, letting it get healed up over and over while you leech numbers off of the big debuff. It'll totally mean you win at this game.
    Too much damage on boss = invalid log. Same with Megaera if you focus too much on head that isn't supposed to be killed. Also most Destro ranks rely on that others don't execute mobs and let you shadowburn them. This is in fact raid dps gain if people don't finish mobs with destro lock around, but good luck making them understand that.

Deleted
    Too much damage on boss = invalid log. Same with Megaera if you focus too much on head that isn't supposed to be killed. Also most Destro ranks rely on that others don't execute mobs and let you shadowburn them. This is in fact raid dps gain if people don't finish mobs with destro lock around, but good luck making them understand that.
    That's so true, the raid gains so much DPS if everybody switches back to the main target instead of having everybody casting on the dying adds and losing their time because it dies before (and it is so beneficial for the Destro).

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    That's so true, the raid gains so much DPS if everybody switches back to the main target instead of having everybody casting on the dying adds and losing their time because it dies before (and it is so beneficial for the Destro).
    Raid leader still calls me a meter-whore when I tell the raid that and try to explain that. /sigh

I think I've gotten through to them though, because whenever I go Demo for a fight all the little adds hit 20% and then don't die at all. :P

With the change to the embers gained from RoF. Would it still be worth using in 5.4 with the mentality that some embers are better than no embers gained? I dont destro much anymore since i got my UVLS and going full demo for most of ToT. (except for Horridon and Primordious)

If any of you got into some SoO boss testing, is destro a dead spec for SoO, or will it be competitive?

Deleted
    It should still be good for Horridon/Will of the Emperor/Tsulong style fights, but 1) it is a lot less dominant than before on those fights 2) on the other fights it just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    With the change to the embers gained from RoF. Would it still be worth using in 5.4 with the mentality that some embers are better than no embers gained? I dont destro much anymore since i got my UVLS and going full demo for most of ToT. (except for Horridon and Primordious)

If any of you got into some SoO boss testing, is destro a dead spec for SoO, or will it be competitive?
    It's competitive for fights that play to all of it's strengths and none of it's weaknesses. (Which are incredibly few and far between from the limited testing I got to do in 10m)

Is gemming int the way to go in raids? Last night I did get beat dps wise by a guy who was 6ilevels lower then me. I saw he was gemming int so came here to ask.

Deleted
    In all fairness without logs we cant really help you that much. Changing gems won't fix this.

Plus stat priority changes depending on the fight.

I'm wondering if we'll be using the legendary meta gem or not.

3% crit damage is tempting with Blizz buffing Chaosbolt.

I'm thinking we'll be going M>C>H stat wise, and that might encourage Burning Primal.

Our set bonus seem to encourage it as well.

The idea that we might not even want to use the legendary meta should give devs some concern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    The idea that we might not even want to use the legendary meta should give devs some concern.
    They'll just nerf whatever keeps us from using it until we use it again, simples. /s

Edit: Weren't the two gems pretty close for destro on live anyway? This could be enough to tip the scales, though I won't be shelling out 5 primal diamonds on a new LMG every time I switch back to affliction.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-08-30 at 10:13 PM. Reason: stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    In all fairness without logs we cant really help you that much. Changing gems won't fix this.

Plus stat priority changes depending on the fight.
    Im looking for in general gemming. Not going to gem on a fight per fight basis.

Deleted
    In general, most people run with with mastery yellow, int mastery red, hit mastery blue. Works for all 3 specs and you can reforge accordingly.

But like I said, changing your gems around isn't going to suddenly grant you that 6k (or more) dps. You need to play the spec according to the fight.

In general, most people run with with mastery yellow, int mastery red, hit mastery blue. Works for all 3 specs and you can reforge accordingly.

But like I said, changing your gems around isn't going to suddenly grant you that 6k (or more) dps. You need to play the spec according to the fight.
    For me : int + mastery (red or yellow), hit+ mastery (blue)
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

They'll just nerf whatever keeps us from using it until we use it again, simples. /s

Edit: Weren't the two gems pretty close for destro on live anyway? This could be enough to tip the scales, though I won't be shelling out 5 primal diamonds on a new LMG every time I switch back to affliction.
    Two helms?

Regardless, the LMG isn't great for destro as is, in 5.4 it will just be worse. All things considered I can easily see destro not using it in favor of a regular meta gem.

I really like destro and want to play it, but it looks like most fights aren't super friendly to it. Luckily demo should be solid enough that I won't feel forced into affliction.