Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kimx1636 View Post
    Huh... I must have remembered wrong, My bad. Well, that certainly chucks out those examples.

Still does not excuse Southshore, or the rampant usage of plague in Gilneas.

And in regards to the forsaken and their high value on "free will" isen't it odd, that when they use the plague to create undead, there seems to be little to no free will, they merely mindlessly attack the nearest humans?
    sylvanas is dead-set on making Lordaeron (the continent) as secure for her as possible,which is why she doesnt attack the neutral factions in the area

the plague the forsaken use to plague large areas ironically prevents its victims from being raised as undead as it attempts to liquefy its surroundings (as evidenced by the wrath gate cinematic and damage to southshores buildings/random new plague-filled holes in the ground)

cdev luckily explains the whole combat-raised forsaken as well, the combined stress of combat and being newly raised sends undead into a battle-frenzy, the forsaken simply point them at their enemies until it wears off (note that not all undead chose to fight when raised, in the western plaguelands/fenris keep/deathknell some undead run off until they can come to terms with their undeath, the most notable example is lillian voss)

- - - Updated - - -

not even going to go near that rather well-laid out piece of bias =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will never happen (not in WoW at least) perhaps in a new warcraft game it could happen.
    Go take over arathi highlands instead and take back Stromgarde. Voila, the alliance has a new stronghold in the north.

Deleted
    I've always seen it as stubbornness on the Human's part. I admit, I didn't play the Warcraft games, but Lordaeron was the heart of the "old" Alliance, right? SO perhaps the Stormwindians feel they have to avenge their fallen relatives - even though the said-relatives are walking around as Forsaken, with free will. /shrug

The typical bold attitude of the generic fantasy Human race will try to get things to go their way out of youthful brashness, so Stormwind is intent upon reclaiming Lordaeron for that alone, I would assume.

EDIT: Wow, great points there, Northem!
    Last edited by mmoccd0ef7e6a0; 2013-08-31 at 11:50 AM.

I think it goes back to blizzard being shitty story tellers. We have this formidable alliance that conquered kj and illidan in outland, the scourge on azeroth, Deathwing and the twilight hammer, the thunder king and garrosh. But they can't get back alterac, gilneas, hillsbrad, silverpine? If you look at the map of the eastern kingdoms half the continent is lost.

This is why alliance players are miffed at blizzard for being wholly owned fanbois of the horde. And now instead of razing orgrimmar to the ground, attacking the trolls and thunder bluff after SoO we're just leaving?

Really bad story telling, really boring, really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    I think it goes back to blizzard being shitty story tellers. We have this formidable alliance that conquered kj and illidan in outland, the scourge on azeroth, Deathwing and the twilight hammer, the thunder king and garrosh. But they can't get back alterac, gilneas, hillsbrad, silverpine? If you look at the map of the eastern kingdoms half the continent is lost.

This is why alliance players are miffed at blizzard for being wholly owned fanbois of the horde. And now instead of razing orgrimmar to the ground, attacking the trolls and thunder bluff after SoO we're just leaving?

Really bad story telling, really boring, really stupid.
    This point can be turned around. Horde managed to defeat all that stuff yet they cant defeat alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is ours. It was ours before the plague, and it still is. No one ever agreed undead should ravage everything. Tirion's knights have proved the land still can be redeemed: why shouldn't we want back a reign that belongs to us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Because it is ours. It was ours before the plague, and it still is. No one ever agreed undead should ravage everything. Tirion's knights have proved the land still can be redeemed: why shouldn't we want back a reign that belongs to us?
    Because it BELONGS TO THE FORSAKEN, who ARE the true denizens of the land. Your lot fled like cowards well they remained and died in there kingdom. And as there are NO laws stating that 'if the denizens of this land raise from the grave they cannoy claim there land', its set and match that you have no claim to it.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Lordaeron belongs to the forsaken, the Alliance have no claim to it whatsoever
    This, and besides, humans could never take over Lordaeron, The badass forsaken would wipe out any army that tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    *Huge post*
    You can say anything you want about how lorederon belongs to alliance, but the fact still stands that blight kills all of your races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because it BELONGS TO THE FORSAKEN, who ARE the true denizens of the land. Your lot fled like cowards well they remained and died in there kingdom. And as there are NO laws stating that 'if the denizens of this land raise from the grave they cannoy claim there land', its set and match that you have no claim to it.
    I was chilling safely in my mountain while everything was happening.
    Before the plague spread, the northern part of Eastern Kingdoms belonged to the human kingdom of Lordaeron.

Now we have Lordaeron people, who are undead, and the humans, who clearly aren't. How can it be an human kingdom if it's full of undead? But these undead are Lordaeron's former people. Maybe the two faction could make it 50-50 and call it a day. But we know it won't happen, in the WoW universe.

So between Zombieland and a New Lordaeron i'd like to see less putrid bears, slime machines, and people without jaws, in favour of more humans trying to restore all the crap that's going on there. Compris?

Deleted
    Arthas and stuff.

At least that's what I manage to get from most people who want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    So between Zombieland and a New Lordaeron i'd like to see less putrid bears, slime machines, and people without jaws, in favour of more humans trying to restore all the crap that's going on there. Compris?
    You have no sense of progress.

Deleted
    [*]The belief in the Holy Light is common to almost all humans, being precisely the Kingdom of Lordaeron its main precursor and birthplace of the Order of the Silver Hand and the first paladins of the Alliance. According to this belief, the dead have only one place to be: their graves. Is mission of the defenders of the Holy Light eliminate all traces of undead and demons wherever they go, and therefore is especially hurtful to the Alliance that the lands of Lordaeron currently are infected by undead creatures. For humans in particular and for the Alliance in general the beings that currently dwell in the kingdom of Lordaeron are mere monsters, zombies that have nothing to do with what they were in their lives: they have no rights nor deserve nothing but to be returned to their graves, or incinerated for more safety.
    More fanwank lore. The Knights of the Silver Hand organization was created to fight the Horde, as one of the military arms of the Alliance of Lordaeron. Also, we know nothing about Azerothian laws to define if the undead have or not right to the lands. So far, they have, for the simple fact that they are there and fighting for it.

[*]Although many are not aware of it or they choose simply ignore it, the legitimate heir of the Kingdom of Lordaeron exists and is nothing more and nothing less than the Queen Calia, Terenas Menethil daughter, last king of Lordaeron. Although she is currently unaccounted for, it is clear that her appearance would cause a series of unpredictable reactions, not only for the Alliance but also for the Forsaken and by extension for the Horde too. Be that as it, there are indications that she survived and is now hidden, undoubtedly preparing herself for when it arrives the opportunity to lead her people for get back what rightfully belongs to them, to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory. Anyway I'm sure that she is no longer the smug princess she was before: now she will be eager to show her worth and honor her father and his ancestors. The time to fight back, her time, is coming.
    Your speculation is not fact. Stop posting that there is some kind of a hidden army being built up by a character that we know nothing about.

Deleted
    [table][*]Although many are not aware of it or they choose simply ignore it, the legitimate heir of the Kingdom of Lordaeron exists and is nothing more and nothing less than the Queen Calia, Terenas Menethil daughter, last king of Lordaeron. Although she is currently unaccounted for, it is clear that her appearance would cause a series of unpredictable reactions, not only for the Alliance but also for the Forsaken and by extension for the Horde too. Be that as it, there are indications that she survived and is now hidden, undoubtedly preparing herself for when it arrives the opportunity to lead her people for get back what rightfully belongs to them, to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory. Anyway I'm sure that she is no longer the smug princess she was before: now she will be eager to show her worth and honor her father and his ancestors. The time to fight back, her time, is coming.
    I suspect that the return of Queen Calia could actually cause a Forsaken civil war, as many Forsaken (Undead Humans) could still be loyal to her, more so than they are to the Banshee Queen.

Indeed if Sylvanas were to be somehow removed, then the Forsaken would probably choose to follow Calia of their own free will. This in turn could lead to the return of the living Human survivors of Lordaeron, living peacefully alongside their undead brothers and sisters. I think Calia would never give up on her fellow Lordaeron's, even those that are undead, instead she would seek to save them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No dead man can lay claim to a land.
    The forsaken are all technically dead, so they can't really lay claim to anything.

There is no law protecting that which has died.
    The true claim for Lordaeron is to the Menethil family.
    So if one of the Menethil where to arrive to Lordaeron and demand that the Forsaken are to be removed, then there is basically no "Law" to protect your undead, previous citizen status or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    shes talking about the continent Lordaeron, the kingdom was ground into dust by Arthas in a matter of days
    Then she is an aggressive warmaker, intent on conquering lands she has no claim to.

free-willed forsaken is confirmed by word of god (aka blizzard) in cdev, what blizzard says overwrites everything in-game or in-book
    When Word of God changes his mind, is often wrong and places in game in lore events, text etc as more important than what "he" says - that isn't the case.

damaged bodies are easily turned into undead, the only problem (a small problem at that) with using old corpses is that sometimes arms and jaws fall off, however its easily fixed by using parts from something else
    Nlo...its lore that damaged bodies don't have the integrity needed to contain the magic.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-31 at 01:30 PM.

Lordaeron may technically belong to the Forsaken; that's not what I dispute. Rather I dispute whether they deserve to either have that land or continue to live; something which, since Cataclysm, i've been increasingly falling into the 'No' category over.

That said, it obviously wouldn't be shown in-game regardless; because Blizzard only uses in-game resources to demonstrate Horde victories (Theramore/Gilneas/Hillsbrad/etc). The Forsaken do need a good amount of humbling however; something they may ever receive if Blizzard can ever tear themselves away from the Sylvanas T&A fanboys and actually make the decision to kill her off. I don't expect this to be happening anytime soon however; not least with the writers' conveniences/Val'kyr who are there to resurrect her another...3 times I think, if she happens to die more than the 3 times she'd died thus far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    No dead man can lay claim to a land.
    The forsaken are all technically dead, so they can't really lay claim to anything.
    Again, where does everyone get their book of Azerothian laws? The fact that in Vanilla we had two brother, one living, other dead, fighting for the deeds of lands in Lordaeron, points the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Again, where does everyone get their book of Azerothian laws? The fact that in Vanilla we had two brother, one living, other dead, fighting for the deeds of lands in Lordaeron, points the opposite.
    Because logically, with the human fear of the undead, I sincerely doubt they wrote a law saying: A man who dies and returns can lay claim to this land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Because logically, with the human fear of the undead, I sincerely doubt they wrote a law saying: A man who dies and returns can lay claim to this land.
    I dont remember humans being ruling race of the world, contrary to their belief. They should safeguard their neighbours first before isuing such edicts.