Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    who in their right mind shoots arrows at BOOBS? why not her face, or something? why ruin the boobs?
    "Don't forget, that beneath the breast is a heart."
    -Dolly Parton 1972
    yes, that's an actual quote

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How did he even capture them, weren't they atomic nuked? ;p
    Some were evacuated before hand, and some escaped through the portal Rhonin created. Also remember, some members of the Horde (thanks to certain Sunreavers) were able to access Theramore before the bombing. But yeah, even knowing all of that it feels kinda just thrown in there to add extra drama for drama's sake. As much as the Tides of War/MoP Garrosh appears to love live experimentation for new tools of war, I can't see him actually going out of his way to gather up people from Theramore before the bomb went off.
    Could be an entirely different plot twist though, we know that Baine was not happy with attacking a largely civilian city, he may have sent some tauren to help smuggle some stragglers out before the battle, and they were captured by a group of Garrosh-fanatics who later turned them in for extra brownie points.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    You had an expansion of Horde victories against the Alliance. I'm asking for one raid where we get an Alliance victory against the Horde; not some Orcish scapegoats. Ask yourself who's being the greedy one here.
    you are, because your asking for get complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase. Its childish, your either go with the flow of the story, or you whine endlessly about not getting your way about it, but either way, your not getting it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Some were evacuated before hand, and some escaped through the portal Rhonin created.......
    No all children were evacuated by ship, before the fighting even began, the only possible way for Garrosh to get hands on civilians, who are afraid to loose their children is, if he caught that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you are, because your asking for get complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase. Its childish, your either go with the flow of the story, or you whine endlessly about not getting your way about it, but either way, your not getting it.
    With Metzen at the helm of the lore team, I have no doubt that i'll not be 'getting it'. Cataclysm from a lore point of view however, was the Horde's complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase. Anyone with a brain can easily tell that Blizzard's efforts to compensate the Alliance following that expansion have been poor and half-hearted. And of course, in typical fashion, you're telling people to 'go with the flow', when you like where the flow is going.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Metzen at the helm of the lore team, I have no doubt that i'll not be 'getting it'. Cataclysm from a lore point of view however, was the Horde's complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase. Anyone with a brain can easily tell that Blizzard's efforts to compensate the Alliance following that expansion have been poor and half-hearted. And of course, in typical fashion, you're telling people to 'go with the flow', when you like where the flow is going.
    "DURR, OMGS METZEN HORDE BIAS DURR". same old shit. Heres a wake up call sunshine, metzen gave you alliance lore that your currently complaining about not getting enough of, he made the characters your being so defensive about, and yet your blaming him for it all.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    oh god SHUT UP already. You cannot honestly, in any rational sense, expect blizzard to completely write off half of wows playerbase, the horde, for the sake of giving you an overwhelming sense of satisfaction. Your not going to get it, your going to have to settle for half the bloody cake.
    No, you shut up already Trassk. In every damn thread where the Alliance post all their legitimate complaints against the lore you just spout the same bullshit over and over again. Blizzard have written of half of their player base already to make the character you so fondly lick the arse of into a super god jesus that the Alliance are forced to work with despite being one of their biggest enemies.

The Alliance have had the end of the stick that's covered in shit shoved in their faces for 2 expansions now, with more shit shoved in their faces with a tiny piece of paper hidden in the pile that says 'Fist Pump Moment' that involved either killing and imprisoning innocent and fleeing people or watching our characters get shitty lore development that makes them all look like idiots while our Horde overlords get painted as super gods again.

So no, you shut the hell up Trassk.

"DURR, OMGS METZEN HORDE BIAS DURR". same old shit. Heres a wake up call sunshine, metzen gave you alliance lore that your currently complaining about not getting enough of, he made the characters your being so defensive about, and yet your blaming him for it all.
    What are you talking about? People should be grateful to Metzen for giving them bad lore and/or lore that's biased in favour of one faction; simply by virtue of the fact that Metzen gave them any lore at all?

I suppose we should be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for giving us the Twilight series. Hey, they may be awful and poorly written; but at least she gave them to us and the literary world at large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    No, you shut up already Trassk. In every damn thread where the Alliance post all their legitimate complaints against the lore you just spout the same bullshit over and over again. Blizzard have written of half of their player base already to make the character you so fondly lick the arse of into a super god jesus that the Alliance are forced to work with despite being one of their biggest enemies.

The Alliance have had the end of the stick that's covered in shit shoved in their faces for 2 expansions now, with more shit shoved in their faces with a tiny piece of paper hidden in the pile that says 'Fist Pump Moment' that involved either killing and imprisoning innocent and fleeing people or watching our characters get shitty lore development that makes them all look like idiots while our Horde overlords get painted as super gods again.

So no, you shut the hell up Trassk.
    bite me. At least I go with the flow of the story instead of expecting half the playerbase to get lost for the sake of getting what can't happen. you people want to get absolute alliance victory over the horde, you basically want the horde as a playerbase to collapse so you can laugh about it. Your beyond ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? People should be grateful to Metzen for giving them bad lore and/or lore that's biased in favour of one faction; simply by virtue of the fact that Metzen gave them any lore at all?

I suppose we should be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for giving us the Twilight series. Hey, they may be awful and poorly written; but at least she gave them to us and the literary world at large.
    Wow, thats such a ridiculous comparison I had to laugh XD

Your heavily engrosed in wow's story, to the point that you want the writers to direct the lore how you want it, instead of just going with it and looking at whats actually happening.

Btw, if someone was reading twilight, regardless how shit it is, would you tell them straight how shit you think it is? Cause.. thats pretty pathetic if so.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    That's in Azshara and Talrendis in game was a tower and a flightpath. It wasn't big at all. Even Stardust Spire has more built up around it than Talrendis ever had. It won't be "re-taken" in game either because of the gameplay "value" of making it a night elf zone at the expense of a horde one simply isn't there. Ashenvale won't change in-game either unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that the Alliance questing arc is a night elf victory back in Cataclysm and the prime reason Hellscream targeted Theramore, he figured without that port and a blockade around Kalimdor, he could finally stand a chance at taking Night Elf land for good.
    Talrendis was still heavily fortified with many troops stationed there, the Horde and Alliance conflict ended in a standstill in Ashenvale, the zone is not entirely under night elven control it still goes back and forth between elves and orcs. They continued to bash each others skulls in all throughout the time, while we were on pandaria, it is not unlikely for elves to get caught during that conflict.

Deleted
    Cataclysm had a valid gameplay justification, there was no way to balance the zones without any type of military action.

With this said, Cataclysm also had several Alliance repositioning that it wasn't there before, like the Stonetalon-Theramore road, with the Horde losing its absolute control of the Barrens. Also, the blame is also on the playerbase, that complain about the low level zones revamp, making Blizz not wanting to touch that issue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you alliance players get to raid orgrimmar, kill countless orcs, kill garrosh, and even thats not enough for you.

I'm sorry but if this doesn't give you any satisfaction, then nothing will, your just being childish at this point.
    #boycottchina

At least I go with the flow of the story
    When you like the direction it's going in.

instead of expecting half the playerbase to get lost for the sake of getting what can't happen.
    That's funny; I didn't see you making any posts during the Cataclysm expansion wherein half of the playerbase were told via quests/lore to get lost for the sake of the Horde being portrayed as an unstoppable war machine.

you people want to get absolute alliance victory over the horde, you basically want the horde as a playerbase to collapse so you can laugh about it. Your beyond ludicrous.
    You have no apparent issues with this when it's happening to the Alliance.

Wow, thats such a ridiculous comparison I had to laugh XD
    The analogy followed your logic to a tee.

Your heavily engrosed in wow's story
    A lot of people are; especially you at times.

to the point that you want the writers to direct the lore how you want it, instead of just going with it and looking at whats actually happening.
    What's actually happening just happens to have been in favour of the Horde for the best part of two expansions. Something tells me that's more than coincidental.

Btw, if someone was reading twilight, regardless how shit it is, would you tell them straight how shit you think it is? Cause.. thats pretty pathetic if so.
    If they asked me my honest opinion of the series, that's what i'd tell them. Likewise, I have a tendency to give my honest opinion regarding WoW's lore and the course of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Old but Gold ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Some were evacuated before hand, and some escaped through the portal Rhonin created.
    The only people who made it through the portal were Jaina and her "assistants" who were supposed to be the players before Blizzard changed the setting of the Alliance scenario.

Also remember, some members of the Horde (thanks to certain Sunreavers) were able to access Theramore before the bombing.
    Horde accessing Theramore had nothing to do with Thalen's actions. He was already captured by the time that Horde ship drops off the small team that goes in to disable Theramore's air defenses.

And yet you alliance players get to raid orgrimmar, kill countless orcs, kill garrosh, and even thats not enough for you.

I'm sorry but if this doesn't give you any satisfaction, then nothing will, your just being childish at this point.
    Horde players got to kill countless Humans/Worgen/Night Elves and more in Cataclysm, evidently without consequence as the following patches/expansions have demonstrated, and yet react with genuine surprise when Alliance players want a little revenge. You can't have your cake and eat it, which is exactly what the Horde has been doing in the latter parts of MoP, and will be doing in 5.4; that is, dumping their sins onto the scapegoat(s) that is Garrosh and his followers.

Deleted
    Horde players got to kill countless Humans/Worgen/Night Elves and more in Cataclysm, evidently without consequence as the following patches/expansions have demonstrated, and yet react with genuine surprise when Alliance players want a little revenge. You can't have your cake and eat it, which is exactly what the Horde has been doing in the latter parts of MoP, and will be doing in 5.4; that is, dumping their sins onto the scapegoat(s) that is Garrosh and his followers.
    Damn straight, my dwarfish fellow.

Agreed.

And really Trassk, I can't gauge you. At times, you're a pretty cool guy, but when you have stupid, inane, incessant and juvenile explosions like these, I feel the need to sigh.

All these little events and the involvement of Tyrande makes me happy, but I'm still waiting to see if there'll actually be consequences for anyone but the Kor'kron and Garrosh. Probably not, but I think there should be.

The rebels don't get to ride along the train of victory Garrosh created and fistpump for a whole expansion and more and then just dump the blame on Garrosh and keep all the stuff they've gained after disposing of Garrosh.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I get it now!

Garrosh is a bad guy! It was never really made clear in the past how we should feel about him, but now I see!

This is truly exceptional storytelling. I love Garrosh's story arc. How he started as a depressed young orc who was ashamed of his father, to being reinvigorated and taking up the mantle of the Horde's greatest hero. I remember almost shedding a tear when he saved all those little Tauren babies in that Ghostlands quest. Or how he prevented a civil war in Silvermoon all on his own by using his truly amazing knowledge of diplomacy and his natural leadership skills.

And then after we all fell in love with this complex character Blizzard created, they revealed his story arc was not complete. Much like Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels, Garrosh went down a dark path and slowly became a force for darkness and evil. The subtlety they employed in showing his turn was astounding. Almost like, blink and you'll miss it. But it was there.

Man, this has me pumped to pay my $15 next month so I can see how this story ends. What a great character and villain Blizzard has crafted. Such genius.