Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That logic makes no sense. "Its old character so negative." xD
    Then tell what did the Horde gained, in-game, throughout MoP. Then, subtract what is about to lose in SoO (those NPCs are vital NPCs in present Orgrimmar).

The other problem, based on that quote, is that Blizzard seems to have let their intentions blind them from reality.

Okay, so the Purge of Dalaran was supposed to give the Alliance a victory and a major new city. Sounds nice on paper. In practice?

1) The average person does not like attacking innocents.
    2) You canceled any Alliance-controlled appearances of Dalaran.

How is anyone, Horde or Alliance, supposed to feel good about that?

If it is this common to hear Alliance players complaining, have you ever considered that you have alienated them? Intentions do not equal results. Whether or not you think they're justified, obviously there's a huge percentage of people who are feeling alienated. Just because you intend to appeal to them, does not mean you actually are.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-08-31 at 09:38 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL and I bet the Alliance will STILL just walk away after Garrosh is dead.

What absurd storytelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Even Garrosh himself is fought with Thrall, and so will likely be killed by Thrall.
    Thrall isn't going to kill Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Then tell what did the Horde gained, in-game, throughout MoP. Then, subtract what is about to lose in SoO (those NPCs are vital NPCs in present Orgrimmar).
    Right so NPCs = entire zones.

Gotcha.

I don't know why you are again adding a qualification. Its not just MoP. Its Cataclysm as well. Expansions don't happen in a vacuum.

Deleted
    Tauror...you just misread what I said completely. By the 'Player Horde' I meant the Horde faction that the Player is a part of, not the Player themselves...

Deleted
    Right so NPCs = entire zones.

Gotcha.
    In MoP, I said it on my post.

And yet again, it's gameplay-wise, Horde gained zones in Cataclysm because the leveling zones were unbalanced. As Blizzard always said, the gameplay comes first, lore after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit. I did have some faith hellscream wasn't that bad since he did give the civilans time to leave... Guess I was wrong. Will he kill them but.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-08-31 at 09:39 PM.
    Aye mate

In MoP, I said it on my post.

And yet again, it's gameplay-wise, Horde gained zones in Cataclysm because the leveling zones were unbalanced. As Blizzard always said, the gameplay comes first, lore after it.
    Because Horde zones can't have them losing right? The Alliance has never had quest chains where they lose, amirite? lol.

I don't care if you said MoP, Cataclysm is equally as relevant still since this is when the complaints started. If you want to play bullshit semantics, then you can just talk about Theramore. Which happened after Cataclysm and is part of the MoP storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the book it was explained that all the children were ported away from Theramore before the blast, soooo
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    In the book it was explained that all the children were ported away from Theramore before the blast, soooo
    Well obviously the book lied and the Alliance got another kick in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The other problem, based on that quote, is that Blizzard seems to have let their intentions blind them from reality.

Okay, so the Purge of Dalaran was supposed to give the Alliance a victory and a major new city. Sounds nice on paper. In practice?

1) The average person does not like attacking innocents.
    2) You canceled any Alliance-controlled appearances of Dalaran.

How is anyone, Horde or Alliance, supposed to feel good about that?

If it is this common to hear Alliance players complaining, have you ever considered that you have alienated them? Intentions do not equal results.
    Also, after the purge Varian shows up and reprimands Jaina saying that he was working on getting the Blood Elves back in the Alliance. And since the Sunreavers would have presumably switched sides with the rest of their race, we'd have still gotten Dalaran as well. And then they later said that the purge was planned by Garrosh as a means of forcing the Belves to stay with the Horde. Um, what?

If the purge was supposed to be the Alliance's big moment, why has Blizzard tried so hard to undermine it as an Alliance victory? Why did they write it so that things would have ended better for us had we done nothing? Why is our "victory" playing right into Garrosh's hands?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Tauror...you just misread what I said completely. By the 'Player Horde' I meant the Horde faction that the Player is a part of, not the Player themselves...
    Like I said to Alenarien, we know nothing about post-SoO. SoO ends with Garrosh's death and the retreat of the Alliance forces, we know nothing about the future deals until upcoming patches.

It would be like invading Normandy and already planning to make deals with the future German government.

"Am I a murderer, Krom'gar?"

Yes, yes you are.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

If the purge was supposed to be the Alliance's big moment, why has Blizzard tried so hard to undermine it as an Alliance victory? Why did they write it so that things would have ended better for us had we done nothing? Why is our "victory" playing right into Garrosh's hands?
    Exactly. In an effort to make the Horde's version of the event as noble as possible, the Alliance are painted as absolute douchebags. We kill shop keepers and are immediately told by Varian that we were wrong.

Deleted
    Because Horde zones can't have them losing right? The Alliance has never had quest chains where they lose, amirite? lol.
    Why do I need to repeat myself? The leveling zones were unbalanced towards Alliance. Why would the Horde lose a zone, making unbalanced again?

Gameplay > Story

Why do I need to repeat myself? The leveling zones were unbalanced towards Alliance. Why would the Horde lose a zone, making unbalanced again?

Gameplay > Story
    Why do I need to repeat myself? Having a zone flip to the Horde's STORY in that zone doesn't mean the Horde, by default, has to wreck the Alliance in every single one. The Alliance has storylines (Andorhal is a good one) where we just completely lose and leave. Westfall is another one (Since I already know you were going to say "B-b-but Andorhal was in a neutral zone!").

What don't you get about this? People don't care the zones flipped. At least most don't. They care that the Horde shit all over the Alliance in every single one.

You can hide behind that excuse if you want, but that doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    Well that's just taking the whole ratings board enforced immortal-kiddies-in-video-games to a moderately ludicrous extreme... I find the whole thing slightly comical - as I saw someone neatly express once, the whole "job" of children is to grow up & become adults. Hence the process of childhood is one of experiencing new things & losing their innocence. To try & eliminate absolutely every rough edge from fiction is just counter-productive.

It also rather softens Garrosh's psychopathic bad guy image considering all the kids would've been nuked to a crisp if he hadn't taken them.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-08-31 at 09:46 PM.

Thrall isn't going to kill Garrosh.
    Great job picking a single line and ignoring the rest of the post.

Deleted
    What don't you get about this? People don't care the zones flipped. At least most don't. They care that the Horde shit all over the Alliance in every single one.
    Not in Kalimdor. The Horde is pushed back in Kalimdor, Krom'gar's forces are dismissed in Stonetalon, leaving the Alliance and their Grimtotem allies reign supreme against the trolls, the Alliance advances in South Barrens. Basically, Garrosh won nothing in Kalimdor, not even with the destruction of Theramore.

Now, if you say to me that Sylvanas has to be dealt with, I will agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job picking a single line and ignoring the rest of the post.
    Because it was the only part I wanted to talk about.