Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know me, you and dreknar might all disagree with a lot, but one thing i think we can agree on, the direction going with the orcs, not the horde itself, but the orcs, as a race, is down the shitter.

I wouldn't have minded the idea of garrosh's forces, his dragonmaw and blackrock being cleared out, but this, right here in orgrimmar, really strikes a nerve as an orc player, seeing npcs i've known for years going this way, and even new ones I began to kind of like, despite being in garrosh's army.

I just keep asking, what the hell happens to the orcs now. I mean theres the bitching and crying alliance weeping because they want absolute victory, but yet they get to keep there fucking npcs and characters in tact, you won't see dwarves bread lady or gnome pie kid of officer jaxon as a corpse on the ground soon, and they haven't lost anything really.

So, as a race, the orcs are really set on a low blow in all this, instead of developing orcs that could have been cool, it feels like blizzard are wiping the slate clean.
    Couldnt agree more

If you are a orc your race is well and truly fucked after this

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Lots of orcish heroes are dead, lots of regular orcs are dead, Orgrimmar will inevitably be damaged by the siege and after all of this the orcs are left in their weakest state since the end of the second war and some players have the bare-faced cheek to say that the Alliance has it bad.
    a far cry from the days of Cata
    Where I would AFK in the middle of Ogrimmar, marveling at its badass buildings, listening to this
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    One of the main reasons this entire story arc has sucked. Its a total defeat for all orcs no matter what way you slice it. Not sure if blizzard want the orcs to be down in the ditch or if it was just an oversight.

Lots of orcish heroes are dead, lots of regular orcs are dead, Orgrimmar will inevitably be damaged by the siege and after all of this the orcs are left in their weakest state since the end of the second war and some players have the bare-faced cheek to say that the Alliance has it bad.
    I'm sort of on the fence with it. On the one hand, I love the orcs, I want to see them rise up again.

On the other, to me there's no better orc RP than the overwhelming racial shame at knowing just what your kind is capable of and fearing anything might trigger you personally to fall to darkness.

Bottom line: a fractured Horde means potential for some damn good RP. And that's all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so then you can feel my dilemma
    Of the very great possibility of my favored race being belittled and looked down upon, essentially making me feel like shit about this current situation and the future
    oh, yes. and vengeance is so sweet

I have nothing against you as a person, but it was time for the orcs to taste what they were doing to the forsaken.

just be happy that garrosh is going down in a raid, with all the glory that comes with it. an end-of-the-expansion raid, no less.

putress and varimathras only got a few lvl 73 phased quests, and those were already removed from the game lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Meanwhile on the Alliance side...We lose our characters in books and side stories, not in the actual games, they just dissapear.
    they died in that big shiny explosion in that cinematic.......which is in-game
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

That you see a total of zero of them in. Before or after.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    and varimathras only got a few lvl 73 phased quests, and those were already removed from the game lol
    samhe too, those quests were god dam awesome

Deleted
    Oh! You must mean the big shiny explosion THAT ONLY THE HORDE SAW! It makes PERFECT SENSE NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a distinction without purpose. I'm the one reading insults when I ask the guards for directions, not the character. the character is just data.
    As if the guards are not :P?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    .On the other, to me there's no better orc RP than the overwhelming racial shame at knowing just what your kind is capable of and fearing anything might trigger you personally to fall to darkness.
    Conflict promotes emotion
    But its also good to feel proud of yourself and your people. To know that 'what your kind is capable of' is the envy of your enemies and something they should cower before and fear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Oh! You must mean the big shiny explosion THAT ONLY THE HORDE SAW! It makes PERFECT SENSE NOW!
    What are you talking about, the cinematic happens on both scenarios.

samhe too, those quests were god dam awesome
    yeah, going through the undercity with thrall and sylvanas wiping out the traitors and hearing sargeras scolding varimathras was beyond epic.

but the aftermath was awful.

I wish they'd bring the quest back as a scenario, and remove the aftermath already lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Conflict promotes emotion
    But its also good to feel proud of yourself and your people. To know that 'what your kind is capable of' is the envy of your enemies and something they should cower before and fear
    Aye, that's why I'm conflicted about it. On the one hand, I know the character would want to be like that, to live in a world where that's possible for them. On the other, I as a roleplayer enjoy them to feel like their actions have consequences and have them understand that they do still suffer from a racial bloodlust, whether demon-tainted or not.

From a purely gameplay standpoint im fucking loveing the siege of orgrimmar its a amazing raid so far but from a horde orc fanboy it breaks my heart to kill fellow orcs

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    its a amazing raid so far but from a horde orc fanboy it breaks my heart to kill fellow orcs
    for me its the added pain of wrecking havoc upon the adopted Orcish homeland but also its capital city, my favorite and most badass city ever

Seeing the orcs get what they deserve is quite refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to see Etrigg survive so badly, because I like his character. He can survive and live to fight another day, but he needs to heal first after his wounds and he thanks the adventures who saved him.
    DAMN GARROSH!!! YOU DESTROYED MY HORDE I LOVED!!!
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And the vast majority of the 7th Legion.
    "In hindsight, making criteria for joining more lax was a really bad idea"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    From a purely gameplay standpoint im fucking loveing the siege of orgrimmar its a amazing raid so far but from a horde orc fanboy it breaks my heart to kill fellow orcs
    yeah well I've cut myself off from it, much as I can. Its only way to get whatever shit needs to be done to complete quests.
    #boycottchina