Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Garrosh heroic only phase

Garrosh has a Heroic only phase in the burning Stormwind Harbor.

Thoughts? Did you see this coming?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

It's pretty standard fare, yeah. Sha of Fear had his own Heroic-only phase, as did Ragnaros, so it's not unusual at all. I kind of figured that might be what the SW harbor files were for.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That's kinda odd honestly, not too long ago they posted that the SW Burning was from a vision you saw on the Timeless Isle during a quest.

"Patch 5.4 - Visions of Time: Hidden Threads
    Patch 5.4 adds a quest line on the Timeless Isle that involves working for Kairoz of the Keepers of Time. He is on the Timeless Isle because the Bronze Dragonflight is not as powerful as it once was, only being able to catch furtive glimpses through time. He has created an hourglass that will allow for a window into the timeways, but you must collect 50 x Epoch Stones to make it usable.

After collecting the stones, you embark on a series of weekly quests to use the Vision of Time in different locations to calibrate the Vision of Time. Kairoz eventually will reveal that there is a traitor among the Bronze Dragonflight.

As the hourglass grows more powerful, he will send you to the Siege of Orgrimmar to look at one of the most devastating timeways you can find, which is the scene you see below. This uses the damaged Stormwind Harbor area we posted a few weeks ago."

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

He doesn't' say that it's the only use for those files, and it's cool that it's relevant outside of the "Hidden Threads" chain. It means that the Heroic raiders get "closer" to that timeway coming to pass, I assume, and get a little extra "heroic" feeling by truly preventing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's kinda odd honestly, not too long ago they posted that the SW Burning was from a vision you saw on the Timeless Isle during a quest.

"Patch 5.4 - Visions of Time: Hidden Threads
    Patch 5.4 adds a quest line on the Timeless Isle that involves working for Kairoz of the Keepers of Time. He is on the Timeless Isle because the Bronze Dragonflight is not as powerful as it once was, only being able to catch furtive glimpses through time. He has created an hourglass that will allow for a window into the timeways, but you must collect 50 x Epoch Stones to make it usable.

After collecting the stones, you embark on a series of weekly quests to use the Vision of Time in different locations to calibrate the Vision of Time. Kairoz eventually will reveal that there is a traitor among the Bronze Dragonflight.

As the hourglass grows more powerful, he will send you to the Siege of Orgrimmar to look at one of the most devastating timeways you can find, which is the scene you see below. This uses the damaged Stormwind Harbor area we posted a few weeks ago."
    Maybe at the end of 5.4, there could be some damage done to Stormwind, but we kill Garrosh in time before he caused too much damage. The vision could be the extent of damage that would have been done.

Will be interesting to see what story there is revolving it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    He doesn't' say that it's the only use for those files, and it's cool that it's relevant outside of the "Hidden Threads" chain. It means that the Heroic raiders get "closer" to that timeway coming to pass, I assume, and get a little extra "heroic" feeling by truly preventing it.
    Yeah sure, why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Maybe at the end of 5.4, there could be some damage done to Stormwind, but we kill Garrosh in time before he caused too much damage. The vision could be the extent of damage that would have been done.

Will be interesting to see what story there is revolving it.
    I'm pretty sure that, no matter how you see the damaged Stormwind, it's a vision no matter what - heroic encounter or weekly quest.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

From the start I assumed that Shawind Harbor was for Heroic Garrosh.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that I really do like that haha remember fucking madness? That shit was terrible same exact fight It's good they chose to do this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    I like that I really do like that haha remember fucking madness? That shit was terrible same exact fight It's good they chose to do this again.
    Nah the Corrupting Parasite definitely made Heroic mode unique /s

Lfr players will complain that they wont be able to see the content
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Lfr players will complain that they wont be able to see the content
    Good, they shouldn't be able to that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Nah the Corrupting Parasite definitely made Heroic mode unique /s
    With the healing blobs too? Haha so creative.

So we fight him in org and he just suddenly ends up in stormwind harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Good, they shouldn't be able to that easily.
    Was a joke, making fun of the self entitled raiders
    Bane

Deleted
    Wouldnt it be fun that the reason Stormwind is covered in Sha influence is because of a bomb he had constructed? The exact same thing he killed an officer over in Stonetalon mountains, because it killed innocents. Only now, Garrosh is too far out of reach for redemption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty sweet. I hate Stormwind. I hope he forks it up good.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

A heroic only phase woot, already better than madness of deathwing.

Wasnt this confirmed to be a timewalkers vision? What could come to pass if Garrosh isnt stopped? I'm not convinced this is a heroic Garrosh phase.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    A heroic only phase woot, already better than madness of deathwing.
    On HC Garrosh looks to me to be the hardest fight I'm ever going to see in this game. Seriously, it's going to be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Wasnt this confirmed to be a timewalkers vision? What could come to pass if Garrosh isnt stopped? I'm not convinced this is a heroic Garrosh phase.
    Did you ignore the front page interview?
    ~_~
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins