Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    But whatever, if we are to have flying airships let us also have searchlights, air raid warnings and gnome/goblin created artillery batteries so we can join in the fun from on the ground. +3 crit from getting hit with a shard of flaming debris.

Oh, the humanity
    Well yeah, of course. And we already have airship combat...we have had this since ICC. As for guild vs guild stuff...arguably, we have this already with guild rankings. And we do have war games already in game.

I suppose I could flesh out the idea a bit. I was thinking of an EvE-like system with guild airships.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Not everything needs to be about gearing your character, and I can garantee you that Blizzard will keep adding things that arent gear-up related like pet battles and the likes, as pet battles was pretty successful as they've stated.

Not the point I was making at all.

I ACTUALLY said. That people I PERSONALLY know, who whinged about pet battles, are the same ones that want player housing, yet when you compare the two theres not necessarily any way that housing would affect the game past "Oh look, I bought a housie!".

Hypocrites.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thing when we get player housing it will be done in a fun and creative way where it's reflective of something.

What I personally would love is not a house or not a little apartment or anything, but rather a Player Ship and Guild Fleets!

You can have your own slip/dock on an island and have a farm and something there where it's further instanced and contained for certain aspects, but it'd be really cool to have a player ship instead, where people can come aboard and you can actively host people.

Imagine you choosing what your sails are, could be your faction symbol, or your class symbol, or your guild's crest, or an entirely new crest you choose/make, perhaps with earned achievement unlocks and raid unlocks. And you could name your ship and house your crew/alts. You could hire a fisherman to tackle fishing, a chef, a woodworker (new profession), there are so many possibilities!

Personally that's what I'd want to see.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea they have the right idea. Not waste time on pointless instanced housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    That's stupid. Id rather just log out in a city. No need for player housing. Stupid request. Glad its never been granted.
    player housing would not take away your ability to do that.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I agree with Blizz. I don't think player housing is a compelling feature. If it's instanced... no, just no... we don't need more instancing in the game. If it's out in the game world. Okay, how will that work with thousands of players building on the land? And what would be the purpose? So that you can decorate your house and have your friends over to RP? Again, not compelling enough.

Instead of player housing, guild housing.
    Also, War of Emperium.

Having an instanced area is a huge drawback for player housing aside from the glaring fact that it would have to be developed beyond the work it deserves to be a meaningful addition to the game.

If it was a persistent house in the world then it could be interesting but it's not feasible with so many players and can ruin the overall design of a zone.

So really, just fuck it, do something better with less work.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounded to me more like a subtle hint. Remember Blizz said Player Housing would depend on if players liked the farm? Well the farm had an attached gameplay element.

Imagine that, but for any profession. Boom, there we go. It'd also serve for adding catchup mechanics to all professions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Unless it's implemented correctly and keeps people using it, it will work, but the reality is people would look at it for a month and never go back to it. Then it would be a wasted addition and there goes all the thousands upon thousands of hours wasted creating and implementing it into the game.

I remember a lot of people wanting it during BC (or was it Wrath, hell I don't know anymore), but that was then, this is now. It's a different game and a different player base. It's also a very small amount of people that want player housing, just like it's a very small amount of people that want older servers.

Besides, we have player housing already, kind of. The farm is pretty much it, but I could see it having more "housing features" in the future.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Having an instanced area is a huge drawback for player housing aside from the glaring fact that it would have to be developed beyond the work it deserves to be a meaningful addition to the game.

If it was a persistent house in the world then it could be interesting but it's not feasible with so many players and can ruin the overall design of a zone.

So really, just fuck it, do something better with less work.
    Like what? More dailies?

That's the issue here. Player Housing is something tangible, the alternative seems to just be more of the same that's gotten boring in MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    And they'll look around for 2 minutes say "nice house dude"... and then what?
    Exactly, it really doesn't add anything meaningful to the game.

I know some people play MMOs to RP as much as possible so they like housing, but apart from personal customization, it adds nothing to gameplay.

I would rather have them work on meaningful content and improve class balance/game play, than have them build you an RP house with chairs and a table that you can afk in waiting for raid/que/arenas/whatever. It's a stupid waste of time, money and server space.

When will YOU get the message?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Edit: I forgot to mention that is very strange that my rp character has existed in the world of warcraft for 9 years now and still has no house. I just find it odd I have to make him sit in an inn if wants to sleep. Then again, the rp limitations of this game are enormous.
    So you, who is the the minority player base, are expecting Blizzard to put a lot of time and effort into something as lame as player housing instead of something that the majority of players would actually care about? Yeah, don't see it happening sorry. I mean sure let's put a hold on exciting new content so RP's can sit around in their houses, sounds like a great idea to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Exactly, it really doesn't add anything meaningful to the game.

I know some people play MMOs to RP as much as possible so they like housing, but apart from personal customization, it adds nothing to gameplay.
    Neither do mounts, but people sure do obsess about them, now don't they?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While I originally wouldn't have cared, nowdays I think it could be a fun addition, certainly would give me more of a reason to log on during non-raid nights. And that quote from the dev about no one being able to see it is BS, you can set it up so you can party with others and people can come in and see it and such, it doesn't have to be completely phased like the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So do mounts, but people sure do obsess about them, now don't they?
    Bad comparison, with mounts you use to travel around the world to do other stuff = useful to gameplay. With housing you just make it sit there and look pretty = doesn't add gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Neither do mounts, but people sure do obsess about them, now don't they?
    Except I can sit in Org on an awesome mount and have people look at it.

Far different than sitting in my house alone waiting and hoping that someone I know shows up at the door. Which, come to think of it, sounds an awful lot like real life. Which people usually play WoW to avoid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If by "player housing" you mean "Blizzard-sponsored dormitories where people who play WoW can live" then the idea might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, meh.

I find it interesting that so many people are upset about the idea of player housing due to the fact that it would likely be instanced... moreover, they state that as if it's self-explanatory why that makes it bad.

-Scenarios are instanced (including the single person scenarios, few though they are)
    -dungeons are instanced
    -Raids are instanced
    -All forms of PvP that people actually care about are instanced (world PvP is essentially dead most places, and most of what's left is just ganking, which only counts as PvP in the most barest technical sense)
    -Your farm is instanced

If being instanced is a problem for player housing, why is it not a problem for anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Bad comparison, with mounts you use to travel around the world to do other stuff = useful to gameplay. With housing you just make it sit there and look pretty = doesn't add gameplay.
    A single flying mount is functional. Any more than that is purely for aesthetics or other purposes.

@Rucati: Mount collections and other things people do for completion are typically invisible until shown off, why is it problematic in the case of Player Housing but not in other cases? You're also assuming that the only point of decorating is to show off your decorations to other people, rather than for personal enjoyment (not everyone has such poor self-esteem).