Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    i never understood when horde wins some battles/victories alliance call it bias, but when Alliance characters are given some illogical power ups, it plot armor that they dont use it to outright murder the horde.

How many Alliance characters can wipe out the horde at once do the alliance have again?
    Well, Jaina has the "power of the thunder king" (How powerful was the thunder king lorewise?) in a staff, so depending on how powerful the thunder king really was and how much of his power is in that staff, that could count as an "i win"-button.

Where IMO the lore bias lies is that when Garrosh has an "i win"-trick (And he had several, most of "Wolfheart" is graphic descriptions of night elves dying in droves to his bag of tricks), he uses them, the whole freaking lot of them, but when the alliance has an advantage in any form it either gets ignored (Does Jaina do anything with her thunder-king-stick at all?) or the alliance does the lawful stupid thing and decides not to use it, that's both illogical and grotesquely biased.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    No, but wouldn't it be amazing if Jaina WAS a DBZ character? She's half way there - Laura Bailey, her voice actress, played kid Trunks in the American dub.
    if jaina was a dbz toon...she'd be yamcha or krillin :P /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, Jaina has the "power of the thunder king" (How powerful was the thunder king lorewise?) in a staff, so depending on how powerful the thunder king really was and how much of his power is in that staff, that could count as an "i win"-button.

Where IMO the lore bias lies is that when Garrosh has an "i win"-trick (And he had several, most of "Wolfheart" is graphic descriptions of night elves dying in droves to his bag of tricks), he uses them, the whole freaking lot of them, but when the alliance has an advantage in any form it either gets ignored (Does Jaina do anything with her thunder-king-stick at all?) or the alliance does the lawful stupid thing and decides not to use it, that's both illogical and grotesquely biased.
    Garrosh is a master of pull shit out of nowhere.

Kraken? Got it. Magnataur? Got it. Enough ships to blockade Kalimdor even though the horde is resource deprived? Got it. Molten Giants? Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Garrosh has Y'Shaarj on his side, which shits on the Thunder King's power.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Garrosh is the most poweful person in the game currently.

Given that he has all the leaders impaled up in stormwind in the vision.

I don't think a mage is going to kill a warrior who cant be CC'ed :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    She has the Thunder King's power in her staff and the focusing iris. Just shit on the whole city in 10 minutes and call it a day. Or are thousands of needless alliance casualties a better alternative because lollore
    Because power shouldn't be used for power's sake. Then she'd just be Deathwing 2.0. Imagine if USSR/USA had just dropped the bomb because they could during the Cold War.

Actually... that would be pretty cool. Have we ever seen a villain in WoW that thinks they're doing the right thing, ala Ozymandias? Probably not. Everything seems to be 'corruption'. I'd like to see an evil Jaina convinced of her righteousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she's strong enough for heart-powered malkorok, and definitely not strong enough to take on garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Given that he has all the leaders impaled up in stormwind in the vision.
    No he doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    She has the Thunder King's power in her staff and the focusing iris. Just shit on the whole city in 10 minutes and call it a day. Or are thousands of needless alliance casualties a better alternative because lollore
    Yeah she could. But this is a game and we need the smelly green players to pay 15 a month as well. Can you imagine the torrent of tears? It would flood Blizzard HQ for months! Not to mention the deaththreats on twitter and such. Plus blizzard has a hard-on for horde anyway so that isn't going to happen. I mean, if this wasn't clear for everyone, once the Kirin-Tor sided with the alliance everything should have been over there and then. Fullstop. If you're following the lore that is. In the lore, mages aren't the weaklings they are in the game, for balance purposes.

A pity, since if org would be destroyed, it would at least be something interesting to happen in WoW, instead of 80% of the lore happening in books.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-09-02 at 07:48 AM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    because she is a mage, Not a Deathknight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No he doesn't.
    Yeah it may just be a vision but If garrosh got out alive then it's a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Jaina's power came from the Focusing Iris, you know, the artifact that was used to charge the Dragon Soul to blow up Deathwing. The horde used it first to destroy a city anyway.

I don't think any other alliance characters can destroy a city.
    Didn't read that book, but it seems like its a tool to funnel magic through to make it more powerful. Which they made a bomb with. Where as a lot of alliance fans want her to just Kamehameha wave orgrimmar even without it because she has some titanic watcher power in her staff(that aint bias, i dont know what is).

You also have Malfurion who went neutral cause knaak made him all powerful 1000's of demon slaying at once. You have Rhonin who knows the Big Bang Attack who went neutral with actual more reason than others. A lot of people think Velen has a shitload of power...for a priest. Tirion who went from an old night to most powerful paladin who is teetering on the side of the alliance when they return to the Sylvanas story. Magni is most likely gonna be a wicked powerful shaman. Bolvar who is master of the scourge who is neutral for now. And then a few dragons who like alliance.

horde's got Green jesus who is a neutral hippy now. And Garrosh who is powered(soon to be) by a dead old god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Because power shouldn't be used for power's sake. Then she'd just be Deathwing 2.0. Imagine if USSR/USA had just dropped the bomb because they could during the Cold War.

Actually... that would be pretty cool. Have we ever seen a villain in WoW that thinks they're doing the right thing, ala Ozymandias? Probably not. Everything seems to be 'corruption'. I'd like to see an evil Jaina convinced of her righteousness.
    But Garrosh is doing the right thing (by his standard)

Being pushed around and treated as dog shit by the alliance for years will build up hate. when you have the power to remove your enemy you do so.

The horde is reckless, It's pretty clear going by their racials as they are based off how they act.

Blood fury
    Berserking
    Arcane torrent (the tbc vision by which you steal peoples energy to use it as your own)

All (apart from thunderbulff, I have no clue why they are even in the horde) races have passives that make you stronger hit harder / faster

And all of the alliance racials are defence / escape tools.

Alliance are the defenders of peace.

Horde are the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she can't?

Because she is human...?

Give it a minute until some bullet finds nice spot in her brain.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

another book i haven't read, but i did play the Horde campaign and i can tell you this... in open combat... orcs murder night elves. We don't know what jaina will do with her mary sue stick, but we do know that lorewise... Dalaran most likely bombards the city. But remember when garrosh gets power, he's also taken from the horde and made a common enemy of everyone.

And that power is debatable. Lei Shen fought the kitty cat for days if i recall, finally beating him. Garrosh's father slew cenarius in a matter of minutes with demon blood power up. Cenarius is considered the most powerful living demi god... i believe. So how powerful was that power? well we can assume that he was already powerful and it gave him unique powers over all the other mogue. Kinda like Mannoroth is the strongest Pitlord and their leader... but thats cause he's one of their only casters where as most pitlords favor raw physical power.

Maybe they should introduce power lvls into wow if they're gonna make ppl have so much power. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    Would she be able to defeat Garrosh?
    A bunch of randoms with axes and magic and hardly any power when compared to her can kill Garrosh, so why couldn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    A bunch of randoms with axes and magic and hardly any power when compared to her can kill Garrosh, so why couldn't she?
    Because she doesnt have HP bar.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    But Garrosh is doing the right thing (by his standard)

Being pushed around and treated as dog shit by the alliance for years will build up hate. when you have the power to remove your enemy you do so.

The horde is reckless, It's pretty clear going by their racials as they are based off how they act.

Blood fury
    Berserking
    Arcane torrent (the tbc vision by which you steal peoples energy to use it as your own)

All (apart from thunderbulff, I have no clue why they are even in the horde) races have passives that make you stronger hit harder / faster

And all of the alliance racials are defence / escape tools.

Alliance are the defenders of peace.

Horde are the Horde
    if horde is reckless by that logic, alliance are cowards.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because people would QQ that mages are way too overpowered and need nerfing. You'd see every mage going in cities and soloing them.