Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    For super serious, I think SoO is really pushing the boundaries:

"TEEN
    Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

MATURE
    Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."

"Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials"

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

There is nothing "mild" in how provocative ("causing annoyance, anger, or another strong reaction, esp. deliberately.") child prisoners, impaled corpses, forced gladiator battles, living targets, etc, are.

I don't think it quite breaks the T for Teen boundary ... but it's right at the damn limit.
    Great, increase the rating and make the game more interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh I like it. I hope he turns them into little Sha monsters.
    D:

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    D:
    hated that episode its so sad =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Heavy weapons guy opinion about children in SOO

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Yeah, they've definitely gone very "Saturday-morning cartoon villain" with him lately, but it's nothing some solid writing couldn't fix; just put Christie Golden on the case!
    Yeah, we had Christie Golden turn Garrosh into a saturday morning cartoon villian, who could fix that... oh yeah, why not Christie Golden!

By the way, Tides of War sucked big time. Spread the word. No more writing down your fantasies of having sex with a dragon and branding it under "World of Warcraft".

But...there was no sex in the book? Golden has written sex scenes for WoW. Or at least as close as it'll ever get to in WoW in Arthas:ROTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    But...there was no sex in the book? Golden has written sex scenes for WoW. Or at least as close as it'll ever get to in WoW in Arthas:ROTLK.
    Romantic relationship with different species is disgusting too, go play Mass Effect for such deviated shit.

There is no sex per se, but come on. This book about a woman desperately looking for a mate because she is weak without one (and chooses a clumsy dragon for an interest, thats new, XIX century housewives would call bullshit writing on this one). And really, read the segment when Kalecgos is carrying Jaina around, I dare you.

Same bullshit in Arthas: Rise of the LK. Great, a novel about Arthas, a great character and his backstory, let's see how much it takes for a noble child to turn into a monster... Oh wait, Jaina feels insecure, it's way more important. Oh God, who will she choose, Kael or Arthas, her heart is so broken. Fuck you Christie Golden.

Jaina is an insecure person. I don't understand peoples absolute loathing of this trait as a character. She's had plenty of reasons to be insecure. Just go read her backstory. And I've read Tides of War, and you're doing nothing but imposing a head canon in this regard.

I'm a bit curious regarding the recent surge of Golden hatred I've seen lately. Personally I like her, even if Tides of War wasn't my favorite book (Only because of pacing and character development, not the lore ramifications). She's still better than Knaak.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-09-02 at 11:07 AM.

Jaina is an insecure person. I don't understand peoples absolute loathing of this trait as a character. She's had plenty of reasons to be insecure. Just go read her backstory. And I've read Tides of War, and you're doing nothing but imposing a head canon in this regard.

I'm a bit curious regarding the recent surge of Golden hatred I've seen lately. Personally I like her, even if Tides of War wasn't my favorite book (Only because of pacing and character development, not the lore ramifications). She's still better than Knaak.
    I liked her prior to tides of war. No I think she needs a good kicking. She has to get in line though Garrys number 1 on my shit list.

Jaina was utterly boring pre-Tides of War. Her biggest role in the game pre-MoP was probably showing up during the Vanilla Onyxia chain for the one quest.

People complained Jaina didn't do anything, and they were right. So Blizzard changes her since being a peace-hippie really can only go so far as the sole character trait, and people complain. New Jaina is far more interesting. She's greyer morality wise, and she actually does things again.

I certainly criticize Blizzard on things, but sometimes it doesn't matter what they do, people'll bitch.

DUDES!
    They said it:

Gameplay > Lore

on a mmo-PRG....!!

Of course it's sh1t written story, what did you expect?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Honestly I think Alliance absolutely deserve to burn at least some of Orgrimmar to the ground. Permanently. Give them a "park." Vereesa can lead that. Or maybe Tyrande, considering the former NPC has had more balls than the rest of the (male) Alliance leadership combined these last few expansions.

Hm, I wouldn't have an Alliance hero to burn Orgrimmar, nope, But I would left some Sha fires burning a place in Orgrimmar for a long time leaving it useless. Like a radiated spot on Gnomeregan, or a Plagued area in plaguelands, or a devastated by Deathwings ever burning fires. An open wound.

Jaina was utterly boring pre-Tides of War. Her biggest role in the game pre-MoP was probably showing up during the Vanilla Onyxia chain for the one quest.

People complained Jaina didn't do anything, and they were right. So Blizzard changes her since being a peace-hippie really can only go so far as the sole character trait, and people complain. New Jaina is far more interesting. She's greyer morality wise, and she actually does things again.

I certainly criticize Blizzard on things, but sometimes it doesn't matter what they do, people'll bitch.
    Not correct, She had a lot more time in northrend devoted to her. The cutscenes shes shown in the battle for undercity and the quest where you give her the locket I do believe gave her some much needed attention. I disliked the way she went from trying her best for peace to utter rage machine lately. I can understand why shes like it but shes done a complete 180. I just dislike the end result, but can see why she'd do what she does.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Not correct, She had a lot more time in northrend devoted to her. The cutscenes shes shown in the battle for undercity and the quest where you give her the locket I do believe gave her some much needed attention. I disliked the way she went from trying her best for peace to utter rage machine lately. I can understand why shes like it but shes done a complete 180. I just dislike the end result, but can see why she'd do what she does.
    Didnt care about her in Wrath whatsoever. She was a carbon copy of herself from War3. No development at all. Even with her one storyline of "Waaaaa Arthas!"

Didnt care about her in Wrath whatsoever. She was a carbon copy of herself from War3. No development at all. Even with her one storyline of "Waaaaa Arthas!"
    Well to be honests what would you expect? She had no reason to be anything other than who she was in WC3. Still does not change the fact she had more things in game than you made out

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres your warchief people.

#boycottchina

Trassk, I genuinely worry about you now lol. Do you have endless images of Garry on your PC ready to post for any given situation? XD

Jaina is insecure? Thats her character trait?

Well, yeah, she is nothing more than a sad woman desperately looking for a man to keep her safe. Like in Warcraft III, when she managed to lead a whole damn army to a mission nobody dared to take. Or, like in the expansion, when she chose to kill her own father for the sake of her believes. Or in WoW, when she was a leader of one of the major settlements of the Alliance. Or recently, in MoP, when she again, acts on her own, so much that we don't even know yet how she will act in the end.

Face it. The only interpretation of Jaina as a sad, insecure person that cries for Thrall/Kalecgos/Arthas/Kael'Thas to comfort her is found in Goldens books. Arthas:ROTLK wasn't that bad, but a whole book concentrated around a total mistinterpretation of a cool character and turning her into a bucket of writers fantasies (Tides of War, in case anybody wonders) is tedious to the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Trassk, I genuinely worry about you now lol. Do you have endless images of Garry on your PC ready to post for any given situation? XD
    I think you referring to him as Garry made me laugh harder than the actual pic lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I think you referring to him as Garry made me laugh harder than the actual pic lol
    I always call him Garry now. He stopped being Garrosh when I saw him in Wrath.