Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I see you put some effort into this OP but... no.

First, Varian won't be crowned High King. That would be a horrible idea. It's enough that he's a military commander with the title "High King" but to actually become a warchief of the Alliance? yeah, I don't think so, if anything, this would fully turn me away from the WoW story.
    The second thing, all the zones are separated from one another, and this reminds me of one of the biggest problems with Cataclysm, the zones were far away so it felt like the "world" was not that new. This will have same problem.

Deleted
    I'd feel pretty bad with and expansion built about stuff "that have existed within WoW from day one, but may not have always been made clear (or told well) when they were introduced". It's like, let's see in the stories-never-finished-bin what we have and make an xpac out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murozond View Post
    Trial of the Timewalkers - a new way to advance characters from level 1 to 90. These trials are a series challenging scenarios that players can attempt at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, and 85 that, when completed, instantly advance your character to the next rank (ie; complete the level 10 trial, advance instantly to level 20 with a full set of gear comparable to level 20 quest greens). These trials are not for the faint of heart, and require an understading of the class you are playing to proceed. The intention here is to make the leveling process easier for new players, making the expansion more accesible - however the challenge is great to ensure that players who level up this way do know how to play their class.
    They are challenging, they demand an understanding of the class you are playing, BUT they are there to help new players? Seriously?

Okay, okay. You've come up with a lot of good stuff, and it actually sounds plausible! I wouldn't be too bummed if WoW really had an xpac like that. Except for the reuse of already existing zones. Cata put new zones in the old world, and even that felt boring...

But good job, anyway.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I like the idea personally. Though not as a full expansion, I think it would be a great patch.

Tbh I would be very happy with this expansion, I would resub and play wow again This expansion or Burning Legion.

Long live Arthas! Long live Lordaeron!

Tbh this + scallable Black Temple, ICC and few others in Dungeon Finder = epic win.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-09-02 at 01:40 PM.

Such linear thinking. So you killed, me you say? In a 5-man, you say? Preposterous - and even if you are telling the truth, that is but one reality, a reality that can no longer come to pass now that you have killed Deathwing. To that end, I guess I should thank you - in a way, you have prevented my death.
    He may be a new poster, like myself, but I like this guy. And his expansion concept.

It may just be the lore-junkie in me, but still. If they involve a new raid in this (Bastion of Eternity would be a great fuckin name for it, not sure where it'd fit in with lore or anything, though) and possibly the new character models, then i'll be damn glad to buy the shit out of this expansion.

Sounds interesting.... but then again, all of this is timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff, and we all know how that goes. Let's just say IF you are telling the truth, which is highly doubtful (no offense, my good dragon, you were always my favorite... well your good version anyways), I would not mind in the least.

However, that's a big if.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    They are challenging, they demand an understanding of the class you are playing, BUT they are there to help new players? Seriously?

Okay, okay. You've come up with a lot of good stuff, and it actually sounds plausible! I wouldn't be too bummed if WoW really had an xpac like that. Except for the reuse of already existing zones. Cata put new zones in the old world, and even that felt boring...

But good job, anyway.
    I agree, the Trials of the Timewalkers don't sound like stuff to help out new players. They actually sound like the perfect thing for alts which you want to boost up to max level instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I dont want any more time travel shit.
    I must agree with him.

I want something to do RIGHT NOW, not in the past, neither in the future.

This may be one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen.

That zone with Anduin with Ashbringer........I'm not sure I would ever leave it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Understand this people. Why would Blizzard introduce the Timewalkers in 5.4, without them being at least some part of the next expansion, this being the final Major content patch of Mists of Pandaria.
    Fixed it for you : P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree. What we need instead...is a gnome expansion.

Edit: Seriously, I want a gnome xpac. Make it happen, Blizzard!
    A gnome expansion wouldn't be that large, so it could be a gnome patch instead...

I like how it's a bit of fun and all the people that are jumping on it and hating it as if it's written in stone.. It's a temporal Post from the past/present/future.. Will it come to pass / has it come to pass.. Only time will tell you if it did / Does.

Although mentioning the ancient old one under trisfal made me think that it won't ever come as Blizz themselves mentioned that it wasn't a titan under there.. Or was that just a cover up for a mistake a blizz employee did with the "insta-kill" button as he clicked an old-one, and they buried it under there hoping no one would notice it!!
    Last edited by mmoc731c61d2fe; 2013-09-02 at 02:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think this idea is amazing, which is rare for me to say with these threads.

I'm not too keen on the whole connection between the Legion/Old Gods/Infinite. What I do think is an amazing idea is the Crowning of the New Warchief/Return of Varian quests. I think those quests would be awesome, the only problem being that 5.5 would come out months after 5.4... so it would feel weird. Other than that, it would be really cool.

But what really is an interesting idea is the different timeline versions of zones. As a lore fan, that would be absolutely cool. To see Arthas as the King of Lordaeron, or to see a Titan vs Old God war firsthand... Jesus, that would be good.

Sadly, not sure Blizzard would ever do something like this. They already said that splintered zones was a problem in Cataclysm, I doubt they will ever do that again. Bringing back Illidan seems like a cool idea, but I don't think Blizzard would do it like that.

EDIT: I can't believe people seriously think the OP is leaking information or something. Are you guys dumb? He obviously just created this as his own idea, and is 'pretending' that it could be real. Anyone who doesn't get this really needs to get better at reading comprehension.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-02 at 02:52 PM.

Too cool to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I see you put some effort into this OP but... no.

First, Varian won't be crowned High King. That would be a horrible idea. It's enough that he's a military commander with the title "High King" but to actually become a warchief of the Alliance? yeah, I don't think so, if anything, this would fully turn me away from the WoW story.
    The second thing, all the zones are separated from one another, and this reminds me of one of the biggest problems with Cataclysm, the zones were far away so it felt like the "world" was not that new. This will have same problem.
    Hit the nail on the head. They didn't like the disjointed feel of Cata not having a continent, I don't see them doing that again. Not to mention all the time traveling would bring outcries of 'rehashed' content and the fact that many people, myself included, don't want to spend that much time time traveling instead of progressing current storylines. It'd be even more a 'filler' expansion than people say MoP is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Honestly I think this idea is amazing, which is rare for me to say with these threads.

I'm not too keen on the whole connection between the Legion/Old Gods/Infinite. What I do think is an amazing idea is the Crowning of the New Warchief/Return of Varian quests. I think those quests would be awesome, the only problem being that 5.5 would come out months after 5.4... so it would feel weird. Other than that, it would be really cool.

But what really is an interesting idea is the different timeline versions of zones. As a lore fan, that would be absolutely cool. To see Arthas as the King of Lordaeron, or to see a Titan vs Old God war firsthand... Jesus, that would be good.

Sadly, not sure Blizzard would ever do something like this. They already said that splintered zones was a problem in Cataclysm, I doubt they will ever do that again. Bringing back Illidan seems like a cool idea, but I don't think Blizzard would do it like that.

EDIT: I can't believe people seriously think the OP is leaking information or something. Are you guys dumb? He obviously just created this as his own idea, and is 'pretending' that it could be real. Anyone who doesn't get this really needs to get better at reading comprehension.
    It's cool that you would be thrilled with seeing all the alternate timeline stuff, but me I'd rather keep it to limited things like cot five mans and the occasional quest. I don't want to spend an entire expansion focusing on alternate timelines rather than focusing on the 'normal' Azeroth and progressing stories there. Might be better served as book, or another Warcraft comic since it's a very comicbookish storyline.

EDIT: And for the record I know the OP is full of crap.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-09-02 at 03:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR, I got half way through it...started reminding me of other MMO's...lost interest real quick.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    [*]There is no new class and no new race for this expansion - the crafting revamp, the high profile story content, and the other features of the expansion are meant to be the selling point, not a new race or class.
    Yep. That'd make me quit. No new race and no new class wouldn't make so many people interested in the next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Yep. That'd make me quit. No new race and no new class wouldn't make so many people interested in the next expac.
    The part that made me lol was that he 'knew who the new warchief is, but doesn't want to spoil it.' Willing to 'spoil' an announcement coming in a few months, but not willing to discredit his fake leak if his warchief prediction isn't right in 5.4.

That said, I do think the idea of a homecoming event for the Alliance and a coronation event for the warchief are among the few good ideas in the 'leak.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The part that made me lol was that he 'knew who the new warchief is, but doesn't want to spoil it.' Willing to 'spoil' an announcement coming in a few months, but not willing to discredit his fake leak if his warchief prediction isn't right in 5.4.

That said, I do think the idea of a homecoming event for the Alliance and a coronation event for the warchief are among the few good ideas in the 'leak.'
    I thought it was quite clear that he was just RPing as Murozond, rather than actually claiming to have insider knowledge.

In any case the very fact that it has something other than the Legion/Old Gods as the main threat disproves it (where he seriously claiming it to be a leak.) because I don't see Blizzard using up the 10th anniversary expansion for anything other than the main villains.

Trial of the Timewalkers is actually something Blizzard is adding. I don't know if it will have that name (obviously based on expansion theme) but they're adding it next expansion.

Downside? It's going to be the new RAF so Blizz is making that feature pay to play. Something along the lines of you pay $20 to open up that particular pathway of leveling on a toon. People are going to complain and then people are going to line up and pay it. It SOUNDS awesome, but the pay part is pissing me off. At least with RAF it was just pay to speed up. Now we're going to pay to access something that we can't access with just the sub fee.

source: My best friend's sister works at a Starbucks and served Kaplan a pumpkin spiced latte recently. He wouldn't say jack about Titan, but was willing to share the above snippet.