why isnt there more info on the new darkmoon boss?

i havent seen a single news post recently about the new darkmoon worldboss or the mounts and other goodies it drops, has it not showed up on the ptr? have i just not been looking in the right places?

if anyone has seen it or tested it is the boss faction tap? how low is the drop rate on the mount? can you use coins? wheres the boss at on the island?

for those who dont know what im talking about there is a wolf boss that drops a mount, a vanity pelt item, a fist weapon, and a pet called moon moon.

is this still coming in 5.4?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed the boss on ptr last faire about a month ago, what would you like to know about it? If it is on the ptr, it should be coming to live too once patch hits.

We killed it with horde only group so no idea about faction tap, highly doubt though, seems like the rabbit boss. It dropped no loot back then, was not yet implemented. We killed it with a 14 people group with 5tanks, 2 healers, rest dps - tanks died a lot.
    And no we didn't get an option to use coins, coins are for the current tier raid bosses afaik.

A lot might have changed since like I already said, did this a month ago.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-08-31 at 04:58 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did I miss this entirely?:O

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I killed the boss on ptr last faire about a month ago, what would you like to know about it? If it is on the ptr, it should be coming to live too once patch hits.
    basically where is it, is it faction tap or group tap, what the drop rates seem to be on it, and how the fight itself goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How did I miss this entirely?:O
    could be pretty easy to miss. i dont remember mmochampion spending to much time covering it as far as i saw.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, pet is super adorable and every character on ptr already has it learned automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

Here she is Not much health at all...(175million)

Also, when I checked screenshots, I have to correct my previous post - according to the date of the screenie, I killed her not a month, but two months ago, so a loooot of stuff might have changed.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-08-31 at 05:08 PM.

The only times I know of it being killed it didn't yet have a loot table. I guess people on the PTR weren't interested or just didn't know about it while the Faire was active.

The boss is spawned by killing all the elite wolves on the island and requires a large group. That is all I know.

As for loot, it drops:
    A white moon-wolf mount (not a "real" mount though - it's not added to your mount tab)
    Moon-moon the pet.
    A shapeshift item (worgen possibly?)
    A temporary cosmetic mask effect.
    A monthly quest item for prize tickets.

I think the fist weapon was removed and replaced by the shapeshift thing.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-31 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only times I know of it being killed it didn't yet have a loot table. I guess people on the PTR weren't interested or just didn't know about it while the Faire was active.

The boss is spawned by killing all the elite wolves on the island and requires a large group. That is all I know.
    the faire starts again tommorow. maybe we will get to see more info then.

hoping its faction tap and not group tap, would suck if it was group tap unless it spawned frequently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the faire starts again tommorow. maybe we will get to see more info then.

hoping its faction tap and not group tap, would suck if it was group tap unless it spawned frequently
    I think it would be absolutely awesome if it was a faction tap, but highly unlikely considering how darkmoon rabbit works currently. Would be a pleasant surprise anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    what mount does it drop, or no mount drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=72160#comments

This pet is kinda...OP

Anyway..i can see boss also drops some usles mog item (you can get same item in kara pretty easy). And some trinket you can sell for loads of money: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105898#comments
    Don't sweat the details!!!

really hope this item ends up looking awesome.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=101571

Would also be curious to know if it's another one of 'those' bosses (DMF rabbit = raid group + only drops 1 pet = waste of time), or if everybody gets individual chance at loot. If it's another one drop per raid group that you'll never win jobby (extra fun with DMF now under CRZ), I personally won't even be interested.

As it's only accessible for a very limited amount of time/month, I'm hoping they've updated the loot system to match the other MoP world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    drops a mount that looks just like the boss. atleast thats what it used to look like might have changed

- - - Updated - - -

the boss also seems to be part of a quest that only gives you 10 tickets. now it could be placeholder but 10 tickets seems a bit low if its as exclusive as the darkmoon rabbit is.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105891

really hope this item ends up looking awesome.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=101571
    You may be disappointed. We might hope it will look like the Shaman PVP helm, or the Kor'kron Shaman helm.... but tbh I think it's more likely it will look like that old, low res wolf-helm from vanilla.

the boss also seems to be part of a quest that only gives you 10 tickets. now it could be placeholder but 10 tickets seems a bit low if its as exclusive as the darkmoon rabbit is.
    The boss isn't rare. It can be summoned very often, which is why the weekly quest gives 10 tickets. I think Blizzard expect everyone to kill it each time the faire comes around.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-31 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22258191

[QUOTE=Netherspark;22258272]You may be disappointed. We might hope it will look like the Shaman PVP helm, or the Kor'kron Shaman helm.... but tbh I think it's more likely it will look like that old, low res wolf-helm from vanilla.

the boss also seems to be part of a quest that only gives you 10 tickets. now it could be placeholder but 10 tickets seems a bit low if its as exclusive as the darkmoon rabbit is. /QUOTE]

The boss isn't rare. It can be summoned as often as you like, which is why the weekly quest gives 10 tickets.
    well if you can summon it as much as you like then i guess it isnt that bad if it ends up group tap. and atleast the low res one doesnt look to bad on worgen, and theres no way for my worgen to get the plate version hordies can get

Some new information from the PTR - the "mount" is not a real mount, it is only temporary and disappears from your bag at the end of the faire. That is why you must click it from the item instead of it being added it to the mount tab.

I am extremely disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Some new information from the PTR - the "mount" is not a real mount, it is only temporary and disappears from your bag at the end of the faire. That is why you must click it from the item instead of it being added it to the mount tab.

I am extremely disappointed.
    I feel your pain, I wish the temporary halloween broom was a perma mount too