Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Reason Dalaran does not show up is....WAT?!

Moving Dalaran to use in the Siege of Orgrimmar was considered, but it would have caused serious performance issues for many players. It also may have reduced the impact that players had as far as feeling like heroes. Players should feel like they were the ones to defeat Garrosh, not that Dalaran showed up and they did the job.
    What!? how does Dalaran showing up to bombard Orgrimmar from a long distance has to do with players "feeling that Dalaran defeated Garrosh?" so judging by this logic no lore character has to appear in SoO because players will feel like it was Varian,Vol'jin or Lorthemar who killed Garrosh (lorewise they do anyway.) and there should be no siege weaponry or NPC armies sorrounding Orgrimar because players should feel like they are defeating Garrosh by themselves and they don't do it because Orgimmar is f**** besieged by nearly every powerful faction within Horde/Alliance.

Performance issue? how does a mini version of Dalaran (a low model or a bitmap.) hinder a computer's performance? just say "it makes Alliance feel awesome and that's no a priority."

and lorewise Jaina is pretty much driven to see Garrosh fall. why on earth would she hold back when both sides need their best weapons to take Garrosh down???

The point is that "something great" must defeat "something great".

You are considered just a simple being (And every character in the game also, achievements or not bla bla) and you shouldnt be able to defeat God-ranked-mode characters thats why there is always a loophole, like a weakening or a buffing.

This has been for every major boss since forever, C'thun just woke up/weakened,Illidan the same, Maiev's trap "weakens" him etc..Yogg the same, Deathwing the same, you are buffed to insane mode by aspects and similar stuff..You get my point.

Thats why lore wise, its always someone else that did it cause as example in a movie, there would be 2-3 main characters..Like Jaina/Vol/Lorth that fight, and 10-20 people around that you know..Just there to be there.

Thats how it is, simple.

Dalaran probably felt completely cheesy/over the top , stuff that would make it if it was a movie "bad and cheap", "Oh hi, we are completely owning Garrosh with our overpowered Jaina-superman lets have Dalaran nuke stuff just to make sure!", too much OPness makes bad movies/games!

Performance wise, its because most of the WoW population are playing from a coffee maker that believe is still called a computer and they probably didnt wanna bother adding it ;p
    Last edited by potis; 2013-09-02 at 04:29 PM.

It's more likely the first part is completely the reason why.

As somebody with a poor PC with low ram, I imagine it'd struggle to load a city above Orgrimmar with fire and frost bolts being fired down at Wyvern riders like was being planned, along with 24 other raiders

Deleted
    But the "problem" that quote highlights is how it should be. We're not Gods, we need some help to defeat the big bads. Not to mention it makes no logical sense why it's not there. If you write yourself into a corner and then ignore the problem when you have no way to get out of it that's bad writing. All logic points to Dalaran being there at the raid.

I mean I suppose they could just go with "it takes a long time to move Dalaran" but that a.) doesn't really gel with how it was able to move to Northrend super quick but now can't reach Orgrimmar in almost a year. b.) is kind of lame in general, and c.) is yet another blow to the so called alliance Fist-pump moment that was the purge of Dalaran: You acquired a city through dubious means, lost out on bringing the Belfs into the Alliance because of it, we're point-blank refusing to give this any in-game representation and in any case the city is practically useless. Great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap excuses!

The real reason why we will not see (I fear that never) the Alliance-exclusive Dalaran is simply because of the Blizzard's favoritism towards the Horde. Blizzard never will give the Alliance anything positive...

The reason Dalaran doesn't show up is because it's exclusively an Alliance city now, and if they used Dalaran to fuck up Orgrimmar, Blizzard would have to acknowledge that Dalaran is an Alliance city and they have shown no desire to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit off-topic, but it bothers me that they'd consider using Dalaran as some kind of flying death ship. It's supposed to be a place of magical learning, and has a large civilian population and a lot of completely immartial businesses. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Cheap excuses!

The real reason why we will not see (I fear that never) the Alliance-exclusive Dalaran is simply because of the Blizzard's favoritism towards the Horde. Blizzard never will give the Alliance anything positive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The reason Dalaran doesn't show up is because it's exclusively an Alliance city now, and if they used Dalaran to fuck up Orgrimmar, Blizzard would have to acknowledge that Dalaran is an Alliance city and they have shown no desire to do that.
    Or...shocking enough, it could be that the reason they gave is the reason that they did it!

I know. Hard to believe. But try. Can we please stop finding reasons to think that Blizzard is out to deceive us in every fucking thing they do? Seriously?!

because a couple dudes on the ground is more like the clean up crew compared to a giant lazer shooting flying city raining down death and destruction
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Bit off-topic, but it bothers me that they'd consider using Dalaran as some kind of flying death ship. It's supposed to be a place of magical learning, and has a large civilian population and a lot of completely immartial businesses. >.<
    Not off-topic...a great reason. It's got a jail, a fountain, a wine and cheese shop...it's not the Death Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Or...shocking enough, it could be that the reason they gave is the reason that they did it!

I know. Hard to believe. But try. Can we please stop finding reasons to think that Blizzard is out to deceive us in every fucking thing they do? Seriously?!
    Yes, certainly. Blizzard doesn't have a track record of lying about their storylines and reasons for doing so, or anything. Or maybe their interpretations really are just this screwed, they considered Dalaran the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance, after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Not off-topic...a great reason. It's got a jail, a fountain, a wine and cheese shop...it's not the Death Star.
    That fountain is not something to trifle with, it has powers that are yet unknown to us......

Yes, certainly. Blizzard doesn't have a track record of lying about their storylines and reasons for doing so, or anything. Or maybe their interpretations really are just this screwed, they considered Dalaran the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance, after all.
    Changing their minds on something isn't classified as lying. especially since they don't make iron-clad promises.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, give me examples of a track record of lying about storylines. Not ret-cons, which is later changes to fit a changed storyline, but outright lies. Go ahead.

I know we all want to be seen as critical thinkers that don't just believe everything that we're spoon-fed but being a critical thinker doesn't mean everything should be treated as a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    for next exp Dalaran will Be neutral . as probobly burning legion exp alliance will be using Exodar and Dalaran by horde palayers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Cheap excuses!

what does the horde thats as positive as getting a city? I dont understand all this alliance dont get jack QQ
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

You people are the reason I hate forums. You bitch and moan about everything. Grow up. It's a game.

If they HAD put Dalaran over Org, you people would have been first in line to complain that it didn't live up to expectations, or it needed to be about 20% cooler. Or that, god forbid, it take any retaliatory damage you howl about the slap in the face of the Alliance.

Hey, we get to run through Org. I don't care how you dress it up, that's pretty much the most anti-Horde moment possible. So what if it's not really a "Horde" city at the moment. I can still imagine myself running in and take a dump in the center of the main square if I want to.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard has a favorite class is a moron. Anyone who thinks they have a favorite faction is an idiot. They make games. And nobody will ever be 100% happy because everyone thinks they are just some kind of brilliant designer or planner or writer and they alone know the best thing to do that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will love and cherish.

Get over yourself. If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    I think there were probably wine and cheese shops on the deathstar. That thing was too big not to have a large civilian service population.

on topic: They could easily have a pre-rendered sky box that showed some combat going on in the sky, and used Dalaran's shield to block out reinforcements from coming to Garrosh's aid. Trap his army outside and take the dude out, it would be the best solution really.

Well we bitched endlessly about playing second-fiddle to Thrall and Fordring in Cata and Wrath, is it really so surprising that they think we'd complain if Dalaran was firing shots during the battle?

OT but, it would be cool if Dalaran was constantly moving, across all zones. You log out in Dalaran above Zangarmarsch and come back in Dalaran above the Hinterlands etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I wouldn't bother arguing with them. There's 3 kinds of players: Those who scream about Horde bias, those who scream about Alliance bias, and those who realize that there is no bias.

Those two are part of the "Blizzard is Horde biased" group. Northem in particular is quite adamant on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You people are the reason I hate forums. You bitch and moan about everything. Grow up. It's a game.

If they HAD put Dalaran over Org, you people would have been first in line to complain that it didn't live up to expectations, or it needed to be about 20% cooler. Or that, god forbid, it take any retaliatory damage you howl about the slap in the face of the Alliance.

Hey, we get to run through Org. I don't care how you dress it up, that's pretty much the most anti-Horde moment possible. So what if it's not really a "Horde" city at the moment. I can still imagine myself running in and take a dump in the center of the main square if I want to.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard has a favorite class is a moron. Anyone who thinks they have a favorite faction is an idiot. They make games. And nobody will ever be 100% happy because everyone thinks they are just some kind of brilliant designer or planner or writer and they alone know the best thing to do that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will love and cherish.

Get over yourself. If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.
    Quoted for truth!